Test Cyp. DHEA, Ant-Aromatization, Syntharoid 175mcg and Fat loss?

What can be added to this combo to help increase fat-loss? I've already dropped about 20lbs in the past 10 months, but that's relatively little. Psychically I feel 100% better than when I began and as a result, I'm becoming more active which should help but I cant help but feel there's something else which cold be added to the mix to help kick it up a notch or three.

Any and all comments are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

xpunksurferx is offline Junior Member
    whats your dosage

Testosterone : 200mg injection weekly
    DHEA: 50mg Daily
    Anti-Aromatization: 2 capsules Daily
    Syntharoid: 175mcg Daily

Also taking a 1000mcg Sub-lingual B-12 Daily

Vettester is offline Banned
    Do you mind providing your stats, and your goals?

You mentioned that you're "becoming more active". Truthfully, the trick is becoming a lot more active and making the changes needed in the diet.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    agree with vette....i think wonders can be done with diet...

youre already 100% better....it wont happen overnight....love yourself for what you've done and SLOWLY work toward your goal and bask in the rewards

Quote Originally Posted by vetteman08 View Post
    Do you mind providing your stats, and your goals?

You mentioned that you're "becoming more active". Truthfully, the trick is becoming a lot more active and making the changes needed in the diet.
    Sorry for the long post...

I've been suffering from LowT for nearly 20 years; though I only found out about it 10 months ago. On a severity level of 1 to 10; I was a 10 in every conceivable symptom and affliction related to LowT. So when I say that I'm 100% better that does not mean I'm, "back to normal"; far from it. I now have 20 years worth of BS to *undo* in order to "get back to normal". One of the biggest hurdles being my weight.

In my 20's, I weighed 185-190lbs, with an athletic build and a 32 inch waste at 6ft. tall. I was heavily into various forms of cardio on a regular basis working with weights on and off since my early teens and I'd like to get back there; ideally in the 175lbs range.

Though I've lost 20lbs over the past 10 months, I currently weigh 340. Until about a month or so ago, I could not walk more than about 50 feet without suffering severe pain in my back. I've recently begun to hit the weights again with some light dumb-bell work. Last week I bought my first pair of good comfortable cross-trainers in about 10 years and I'm looking forward to working up my activities. It will be a LONG time before I'm back to were I used to be activity wise.

As for diet, I known the importance of a good diet etc. but whatever it is I do, it has to be realistic and sustainable for the rest of my life. I won't bother with anything that forces me to deprive myself for limited gains, only to have it undone in 6 months to a year when I "fall off the wagon" . I'm not a glutton or binge eater. I've never been big in to sweets and junk-food or sodas etc. In the past 2 years my drinking has come down to about 10% of what it used to be; which incidentally has had no effect on my weight, but I do wake up feeling better in the mornings.

I do understand the importance of slow weight loss being the most meaningful and lasting however, anything to help kick it up a notch or so wold be good. Right now I'm loosing about a half pound a week and I know I can do more than that because I have in the past without even really trying hard. But I didn't have 20 years of living with the deck stacked against me then either. There are people who can eat *anything* they want and never gain an ounce without ever lifting a finger; clearly their body chemistry is different then mine but that is why I am here, to help give me an extra edge so I can at least be "normal" and not have that deck stacked against me.

Bare in mind, I may only be 42, but until a year ago, I *literally* felt like I was 82. It was quite sad and depressing. I'm just glad I now have new hope however, I'm not quite ready to run just yet. [Both figuratively and literally.]

Again my apologies for the long post and thank you for taking the time to read it.
    Last edited by forrest_and_trees; 05-16-2010 at 10:44 PM.

tubs is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by forrest_and_trees View Post
    Sorry for the long post...

I've been suffering from LowT for nearly 20 years; though I only found out about it 10 months ago. On a severity level of 1 to 10; I was a 10 in every conceivable symptom and affliction related to LowT. So when I say that I'm 100% better that does not mean I'm, "back to normal"; far from it. I now have 20 years worth of BS to *undo* in order to "get back to normal". One of the biggest hurdles being my weight.

In my 20's, I weighed 185-190lbs, with an athletic build and a 32 inch waste at 6ft. tall. I was heavily into various forms of cardio on a regular basis working with weights on and off since my early teens and I'd like to get back there; ideally in the 175lbs range.

Though I've lost 20lbs over the past 10 months, I currently weigh 340. Until about a month or so ago, I could not walk more than about 50 feet without suffering severe pain in my back. I've recently begun to hit the weights again with some light dumb-bell work. Last week I bought my first pair of good comfortable cross-trainers in about 10 years and I'm looking forward to working up my activities. It will be a LONG time before I'm back to were I used to be activity wise.

As for diet, I known the importance of a good diet etc. but whatever it is I do, it has to be realistic and sustainable for the rest of my life. I won't bother with anything that forces me to deprive myself for limited gains, only to have it undone in 6 months to a year when I "fall off the wagon" . I'm not a glutton or binge eater. I've never been big in to sweets and junk-food or sodas etc. In the past 2 years my drinking has come down to about 10% of what it used to be; which incidentally has had no effect on my weight, but I do wake up feeling better in the mornings.

I do understand the importance of slow weight loss being the most meaningful and lasting however, anything to help kick it up a notch or so wold be good. Right now I'm loosing about a half pound a week and I know I can do more than that because I have in the past without even really trying hard. But I didn't have 20 years of living with the deck stacked against me then either. There are people who can eat *anything* they want and never gain an ounce without ever lifting a finger; clearly their body chemistry is different then mine but that is why I am here, to help give me an extra edge so I can at least be "normal" and not have that deck stacked against me.

Bare in mind, I may only be 42, but until a year ago, I *literally* felt like I was 82. It was quite sad and depressing. I'm just glad I now have new hope however, I'm not quite ready to run just yet. [Both figuratively and literally.]

Again my apologies for the long post and thank you for taking the time to read it.
    I am not trying to be a dick so please take this for honest help

At your weight I don't think you should be kicking anything up to much esp. with drugs. Like you said yourself it took you 20 years to gain the weight it is going to take time to for it to come off and get back to where you want it to be. As long as you are still losing weight you are moving in the right direction so don't do something dumb (like take diet loss stuff)

I think you really need to take a hard look at exercise and diet and hit it hard.

with proper diet and exercise you should have lost over 20 lbs in 10 months even if you kept your diet the same and started working out you should have lost more.

how often are you working out? cardio - when, what and how much?

the test and drugs will help you but you still need to do the hard part yourself.

post up your workouts and diet and I am sure you will get lots of help

I recommend walking for now - on a treadmill so you can monitor your distance and speed and increase it every week.
    Last edited by tubs; 05-17-2010 at 12:42 PM.

Thanks for the obvious info. If I could "hit it hard" I would have. For the record, the lack of exercise has not been a matter of ignorance or laziness, I have been physically debilitated due to living with Low T for so long.

I love how people make snap comments like that without paying attention to the real issue; like all overweight people are lazy morons and don't realize they just need to eat less and exercise more. The truth is, of people I've known, previous to being afflicted with LowT, I was more active than most. I was very conscience of what I put in my body and did pretty hardcore cardio workouts on a regular basis, yet none of it mattered. Some how my body chemistry became whacked and I need to get it straight again.

The truth is, it happened so slowly that I was already screwed by the time I was aware anything was wrong. 20 years ago there were no resources to help someone with my affliction, so when I began gaining weight for no reason, I was just told, It' a change of life. I was given the old, "your body changes every 7 years " line of BS. Even though I cut back my intake and exercised more, I still gained weight. Then you reach a point were the added weight impacts your ability to exercise. That coupled with a change in life style due to a new job and it snowballed. One day you wake up and you figure there's nothing you can do. And it only gets worse. Now here we are and I know what I'm dealing with. I don't want some "Phen-Fen quick fix fat burner before the next pose-off" BS. I'm trying to regain my life here.

Though surprisingly, my heart and BP are both good considering my weight, I'm still in no condition to "hit it hard". I've got to learn to walk again before I can run. I still need to drop more weight before I can even think about "serious workouts" I've still not managed to get myself back in balance to where my metabolism once was; which is the next step to help me loose weight. So when I'm asking for help, that's what I'm referring to. I don't need you to write me up a complete exercise and diet routine, I'll take care of that myself. I just need help with the chemistry, which is why I'm on this site in the first place. Look, if I sound angry or frustrated, it's because I am. I'm sick of what my life has become. I'm not hear to simply improve my pecks, or my ability to "pound my girlfriend dude". I'm fighting to recover a lost life and I don't have the patients for BS anymore. My apologies for being so harsh however, I would still appreciate some assistance with my situation. Thank you.
    Last edited by forrest_and_trees; 05-20-2010 at 01:29 PM.

maybe you should reread my post - i said start with walking?

and my point is there is no easy drug answer - the test will help you to get back on track but the more you do the faster it will go

My test was off the chart ON THE LOW SIDE when i started i understand where you are coming from

My apologies, as you can sense, I'm pretty frustrated with the whole ordeal. I suppose I should take a bit of my own advice and take a "chill pill". As far as addressing my situation is concerned, I've heard others here mention they've taken certain supplements [HGH, AI etc.] and "watched the fat come off". I'm aware it's entirely possible these are people who only need to lose 10 lbs or so, so whatever they lose, makes significant difference. Where as for someone my size; 20 lbs. goes barely unnoticed. However I do know, at one time, my metabolism was MUCH different, clearly something in me changed. Some chemical reaction took place and I began to produce too much or too little of something that triggered the excessive weight gain to begin with. All I'm trying to do is figure how to "reset" or undo what ever it was I did so I can get back to a level playing field and I'll do all the rest it takes to loose the lbs. In the mean time, I'm hoping the well informed people of this site can offer up some ideas as to what that initial change that occurred might have been or at the very least how I can "fix" it if at all possible. I'm thinking it cold be not unlike TRT; which has addressed many of my issues. [Thank God!] Somewhere in there there has to be something similar for my weight. I'm open to all suggestions. Thanks guys and again, sorry for the initial outburst; I just hope you can appreciate where I'm coming from.

ottomaddox is offline "Better Safe Than Sorry"
    I make the fat come off my body by doing 50 minutes of Interval cardio 5 times a week. Get motivated. I'm on TRT too and had test levels of 87ng/dl on a 225-1100 scale. Start slow and eventually the hard work will pay off. There are no SHORTCUTS. 42 years old, 6'3" tall @ 230lbs @ 14% body fat and coming down daily.

It will take time

Thread Information