grumpee is offline Associate Member

What would you do ?

Well a few months ago I went and got a blood test to check my test levels and everything else since I was always tired, sex drive was low, depression and I had issues putting on muscle ..

I got my test levels back and everything was in check according to my Dr. I asked him for a copy and when he gave me one I questioned my test levels. My total test was 294 and the normal range on the page from the lab said normal was 280-900. He would not do anything and said for me not to worry about it because last year I lost 55 pounds of body fat and thats why my levels where so low. So I talked to a buddy of mine who is a physical therapist and has been a veteran AAS user and bodybuilder for 20+ years. He told me I was spinning my wheels and gave me a bottle of test 400. He started me off on 200mgs a week for the first 2 weeks and after that he bumped me to 300mgs. He said with my levels being so low I should stay on a 200 mgs dose and ramp up my dose to either 300 mgs or 400 mgs a few times a year if I want to cycle for some mass.

If I ran a pct after this cycle would my test levels drop way lower than they where before ? Or should I stay on TRT ? I'm worried that if my levels drop I will lose my gains and my sex drive will be like a nuns.

oakdad is offline Junior Member
    Well if they are way lower than the 294 you should be able to go back to the doc and get yourself a perscription.

6ft5 is offline Member
    I woulda tried and blow my nuts up w hcg . If that didn't work and I felt like poo all the time, I'd probobly hit the trt. And definately get anuther opinion.

quietasamouse is offline New Member
    I'd try a different doc. If your levels are low without messing around with AAS, you have a legit medical complaint. If you are unwilling to see a different primary care doc, then tell him flat out you want a referral to an Endocrinologist.

Might take a bit longer than getting hooked up by your buddy, but is more likely to get to the root of the problem.

Qaam

grumpee is offline Associate Member
    Thanks for the help guys. I'm going to see a different Dr after this cycle ends and I run a PCT... Its really hard to take a over weight doctor serious anyways about being healthy

I find it funny that most of todays Doctors really have no clue about hormones . All they want to do is put you on a anti depresent for everything

Epic Ed is offline Associate Member
    You have a doc who is only willing to treat the numbers, and not the patient or your symptoms. Docs who believe that all numeric values within the reference range are equally as good as any of the others clearly have no grasp of reality. A score of 300 is not the same as a score of 700. A lower score, even if within the reference range, is not "OK" just because it's in the range. If you feel like shit at 280 then you feel like shit! Range be damned.

There is no need for you to start a TRT program on your own. There are plenty of male HRT clinics around the country that will give you a legit prescription for andropause . It might cost a bit more than buying from your buddy, but you'll know that the gear is legit and you'll be covered legally by a legit prescription. That's worth a few extra bucks to me.

If you start taking test you will further shut down your body's own ability to produce it. That may or may not matter to you, but you might want to try running hCG first to see if that would help get your test levels back to a reasonable range. If not, then your TRT program will be for life -- or as long as you want to feel like a man in his prime.

Black is offline Anabolic Member
    I don't usually defend doctors, and I'm not really. However, different factors can attribute to why your numbers are low. Overtraining, lack of calories and/or fats, lack of sleep, alcohol, etc. If I could go back and start over, knowing what I know now, I wouldn't have jumped right in.

I don't think TRT/HRT should be started after just one bloodwork.

IMO, I would check with the above, and then re-test again. In the next test, ask for LH and FSH levels to be checked. This will indicate whether you are primary or secondary hypogonadal. From there, all you made need is some HCG and an AI for a little while to kick-start or stimulate your natural testosterone production.

If all else still fails, then start your TRT journey. At the begining, it may sound like a great thing. And it can be. However, if it's not necessary, then it just becomes a hassle. Exercise your options.

Vettester is offline Banned
    Good stuff, Dante!

Thread Information