Storing Test-Cyp

I noticed the temp range for storing Test-Cyp is pretty narrow, 68-77 F. With the summer heat-waves coming on, my place can reach 90+ F for about 8 hours a day and drops to low 60's at night. How much of an effect can that have on potency? How do you store yours or do you not even worry about it? Has anyone experienced a vial going bad and if so, how do you know it when it happens?

Thanks.

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by forrest_and_trees View Post
    I noticed the temp range for storing Test-Cyp is pretty narrow, 68-77 F. With the summer heat-waves coming on, my place can reach 90+ F for about 8 hours a day and drops to low 60's at night. How much of an effect can that have on potency? How do you store yours or do you not even worry about it? Has anyone experienced a vial going bad and if so, how do you know it when it happens?

Thanks.
    keep your gear in a dark place. In those areas it want be as worm. You will be g2g.

Ao Chalong is offline New Member
    Based on my experience in the tropics.... I kept my Test Cyp in a refrigerator for 6 months and it was fine. My hrt supplier told me to watch for the test to separate out of the oil and crystallize and that if it did that, take it out and let it warm back up and shake it to dissolve the crystals back into the oil and it would be g2g. I apparently didn't have the temp turned down too low because it never crystallized... and to be honest with you, I spent about $150.oo to buy a small fridge just to keep my meds in.

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    dont ever keep test in fridge

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    it will crash

Vettester is offline Banned
    Storing in a fridge ...
    Test = No
    HCG = Yes

Plus the viscosity of the oil would make it tough to draw and pin with sitting in a cold place like a fridge. Warmer works so much better!

I have no interest in getting into an argument about this, but I live in Thailand 6 months out of the year and I kept the Test Cyp I took with me from the US and kept it in the fridge for 6 months while I used the Test Cyp made in Bangkok. I brought my last 10ml bottle from the US back to the US with me last month and am still using it, and it is fine and no longer in the fridge. I am doing 150mg of it again tomorrow morning for my weekly hrt, from the same bottle that was in the fridge for 6 months.... been using it since I got back. Had my bloodwork done and there was nothing different from using "non" refrigerated Test Cyp.

It is the heat you have to worry about, not the cold. Too much heat will cause the test to breakdown, not the cold.... and no, I didn't say you could stick it in the freezer.

Do what you want, but my real life experience tells me sticking it in the fridge isn't an issue.

Ao Chalong: I'm assuming you allow the Test Cyp to return to room temp before you draw once it's been in the fridge or are you actually saying you go straight from fridge to injecting? If so, what gauge needles are you using and how are you dealing with crystallization.. if at all?

I was not doing it straight from the fridge.... it takes about 45 min. to return to room temp and then I would draw it and proceed. If it still felt a bit too cool I just lay the loaded pin on my laptop for a couple of minutes to warm up a little more. I use a 22g x 1 because I only hit my quads with the TC. I have used smaller gauge but it takes too long (for me) to push it through.

The crystals never formed because I set the temp in the fridge to where it would barely keep stuff frozen in the freezer, but still cool enough for long term storage of my meds.... I was told by my hrt clinic that if crystals formed in the fridge, to just let the vial warm up to room temp again and keep shaking it until they re-dissolved back into the oil again before pinning it.

ecsaaron is offline Associate Member
    I think sunlight is worse than heat or cold if you read the insert in the box

Thread Information