Thread: Progesterone

Enden is offline New Member

Progesterone

I've heard that elevated progesterone level might cause some sexual related problems in men. Anyone know the normal range for men? My blood test revealed 6.8, I think it's nmol/L. The bio chemist said they didn't have a range for men, because it wasn't relevant.

n00bs is offline Member
    Wow so if it was 100 it isnt relevant? ,,,, I suppose a "range is relevent" but knowing what it is is def relevant.. Your level is about the same as mine...

I think a range is relevant too, but maybe progesterone isn't something to be concerned about. Maybe it's just secreted in small amounts, and not affected by other hormones, like testosterone , estrogen and prolactin for instance.

Vettester is offline Banned
    Enden, that's what my primary doc said one time about E2 ... She just flat out said no need to check it, "UNLESS" (She said) "You start to see puffy nipples." That's how these docs are, they're reactive, not proactive.

Are your other scores looking good? I've got the exact opposite problem on the progest ... Mine is in the dumps at 0.2.

TheCamel is offline Banned - RETARD
    Quote Originally Posted by Enden View Post
    I've heard that elevated progesterone level might cause some sexual related problems in men. Anyone know the normal range for men? My blood test revealed 6.8, I think it's nmol/L. The bio chemist said they didn't have a range for men, because it wasn't relevant.
    the range in an adult male is from 0,1 to 2 ng/ml

n00bs is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vetteman08 View Post
    Enden, that's what my primary doc said one time about E2 ... She just flat out said no need to check it, "UNLESS" (She said) "You start to see puffy nipples." That's how these docs are, they're reactive, not proactive.

Are your other scores looking good? I've got the exact opposite problem on the progest ... Mine is in the dumps at 0.2.
    Thats a little sad... Lets wait for problems then well deal with it..

Welcome to mdoern medicine then we will treat symtpoms.. Your Dr has it ALL wrong and its good you know it, Increasing T without monitoring or watching e2 is diaster waiting to happen to your mood and your long term health.. Imagine your porstate from all that e2

It's really a shame how some doctors can be. The first Dr. I approached about the possibility of having Low T straight up laughed at me and said there was nothing wrong with me. She told my I just needed to loose weight. That was almost 4 years ago; back when I *had* insurance. I could have got all the tests and scripts I needed without worrying about cost; not to mention a 3 less years of suffering.

As for the puffy nips, it's amazing; in my late-teens and early twenties, I had t-shirts that I had literally worn holes in the chest from constantly scratching my nipples. They were always puffy and I was self conscience of it all the time; scratching them made them harden up. What's the old saying, "I wish I knew then what I know now..."?

Anyhow...

My apologies for getting off topic however, since we're on the subject of low and high Progesterone, what are the general symptoms of each? I hadn't really thought about it before however, I'm learning daily about things that obviously matter and perhaps it would be safe to be aware.
    Last edited by forrest_and_trees; 07-07-2010 at 08:24 PM.

No it's pretty messed up at the moment; My blood test result, shit.
    but I'm in control. I'm not doing any more T injections, and I'm using 0.25 mg anastrozole twice a week and currently awaiting a shipment with cabergoline. I'm going to do another test by the end of this month.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCamel View Post
    the range in an adult male is from 0,1 to 2 ng/ml
    Which is what, converted to nmol/L?

TheCamel is offline Banned - RETARD
    Quote Originally Posted by Enden View Post
    Which is what, converted to nmol/L?
    be my guest:

Testosterone : nmol/L x 0.29 -> ng/mL

clozto50 is offline New Member
    I had the same problem with my nipps in high school. Yes if I knew then I would have taken some nolva and stopped the test conversion. That being said what are your hormone levels LH FSH PROLACTIN FREE TEST? If you are seriously overwieght your male hormone levels will be low and your female levels will be high.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by clozto50 View Post
    I had the same problem with my nipps in high school. Yes if I knew then I would have taken some nolva and stopped the test conversion. That being said what are your hormone levels LH FSH PROLACTIN FREE TEST? If you are seriously overwieght your male hormone levels will be low and your female levels will be high.
    fact or possibility?

Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    fact or possibility?
    It's defiantly a possibility. One contributes to the other until you get a snowball effect.

Quote Originally Posted by clozto50 View Post
    Haven't had those checked but my Estradiol was *164* when check last month however, my Total T was 1132 after a year of TRT so I'm sure that's contributed to it. [Total T was 174 when I began.] For this reason, I began Arimidex about a week ago.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCamel View Post
    be my guest:

Testosterone: nmol/L x 0.29 -> ng/mL
    What about progesterone?

Thread Information