x_rick_x is offline Junior Member

Question Were to get Online Test (Do it yourself) Sick of going to the Doc. every Monday

I would much rather do it myself..

I have been getting 1cc Test every Monday morning for the past 3years! Along with the waste of time sitting in the lobby for 30min I have a Doc. that
    keeps changing the Amount!

He takes and test blood every 6month, not a issue.. problem is he take it at different times. (before a shot or after a shot) and every time the level comes back different he changes my (cc). I have gone from 1cc to 1/2cc now he wants to up my 1/2cc to 3/4cc.. WTF

I'm over this clown. He even wanted to give me 2cc every other week.. talk about a roller coster my body would be on

Ok, were in Michigan or online can I get a perscription for Test?

pittbulldad is offline Associate Member
    pm'd ya

nwjt is offline Associate Member
    Dude this guy is running you through the ringer. If a doc won't let you self medicate find another. He's just doing it to get your $$.

Hell I got a prescription right off the bat for 1CC per week, self injection. If they made me go in every week I would say f it.

Did you ask him for a script? I would try it. Just be honest, tell him you can't afford it and you ain't got the time. 30 seconds and you can pin yourself.

coop1212 is offline Junior Member
    Told my endo that i didnt have time or money to come see him weekly and tired of two week roller coaster ride. He got my wife to stop by and the nurse made sure she knew how to give ne a shot and wrote script for 1 cc a wk of cyn. I see him every three to four months for blood work

Quote Originally Posted by nwjt View Post
    Dude this guy is running you through the ringer. If a doc won't let you self medicate find another. He's just doing it to get your $$.

Hell I got a prescription right off the bat for 1CC per week, self injection. If they made me go in every week I would say f it.

Did you ask him for a script? I would try it. Just be honest, tell him you can't afford it and you ain't got the time. 30 seconds and you can pin yourself.
    I told him that I could and would do it me self, he said there was "to much of a chance to abuse it" Is that not the same with every pain pill scrip you right? I asked back..

I have been doing this for 3-4 years now and I have REALLY good Insurance than I'm sure he's soaking up.

Epic Ed is offline Associate Member
    If you can't find another doc locally you're probably going to end up using an HRT clinic and paying for it out of pocket. I'm not aware of any of the online clinics that even mess around with insurance.

EZ E is offline Associate Member
    "I told him that I could and would do it me self, he said there was 'to much of a chance to abuse it' Is that not the same with every pain pill scrip you right? I asked back."

I love it when docs use this excuse. They are the ones who control how much the pharmacy will give us over the course of a year. How can we abuse it if they write a script for only the amount they prescribe?

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by EZ E View Post
    "I told him that I could and would do it me self, he said there was 'to much of a chance to abuse it' Is that not the same with every pain pill scrip you right? I asked back."

I love it when docs use this excuse. They are the ones who control how much the pharmacy will give us over the course of a year. How can we abuse it if they write a script for only the amount they prescribe?
    you could get a vial from him and one pharmacy and another doctor and pharmacy same thing....illegal yes only possible way...its what others said....$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$ and the stiff one in their as$

grumpee is offline Associate Member
    for what your paying in copays you could just get a vial black market, LOL

there are a few HRT clinics that will charge you a small fee for a consultation . your insurance will pay for the blood work and script so it would be worth it in my opinion. Thats the route I was going to go but my insurance does not cover a test script and I can get it cheaper than what walgreens are cvs sells it for.

Vettester is offline Banned
    Kick this clown to the curb!!! Time to stick it to the man.

That1StrongGuy is offline New Member
    How do i go about getting tested for a script of test?

ds53 is offline Junior Member
    boot him, he only wants the $30 weekley injection fee. In a month you can pay for 1 1/3bottles of test/cyp and syringes and needs with that and it will last you a couple months

Well I finally got an appointment yesterday at my new doctors. After I told him about my previous doctor not allowing me to "self inject" he just laughed and said I was a 'car payment' to him.

Well he looked at my blood work and jumped me from 3/4cc (100mg) week to 1cc of 200mg week.

Seems the old doctor liked keeping me at the low end of normal (400-800) I was at 210 with 1/2cc-100mg and 440 1cc/100mg plus the previous jerkass doctor lowered the 1cc to 3/4cc cause I guess he thought 440 was to high..

Well my new doc hooked me up with a scrip, showed me how to stick myself and said "come back in 3 weeks for blood work and we can get you evened out, and I would like to see your levels between 700/800"

I'm a happy camper..

First self injected shot will be Monday.. I have been doing this for years, but have never done it myself so I'm a little nervous but whats the worst that can happen..

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by x_rick_x View Post
    Well I finally got an appointment yesterday at my new doctors. After I told him about my previous doctor not allowing me to "self inject" he just laughed and said I was a 'car payment' to him.

Well he looked at my blood work and jumped me from 3/4cc (100mg) week to 1cc of 200mg week.

Seems the old doctor liked keeping me at the low end of normal (400-800) I was at 210 with 1/2cc-100mg and 440 1cc/100mg plus the previous jerkass doctor lowered the 1cc to 3/4cc cause I guess he thought 440 was to high..

Well my new doc hooked me up with a scrip, showed me how to stick myself and said "come back in 3 weeks for blood work and we can get you evened out, and I would like to see your levels between 700/800"

I'm a happy camper..

First self injected shot will be Monday.. I have been doing this for years, but have never done it myself so I'm a little nervous but whats the worst that can happen..
    the worse is u could tell someone youre nervous to inject....lol...j/k...dont forget to aspirate ....i know some dumb nursed dont...but DO IT.....

and if 1 cc is 200mg then 3/4 is 150 just to clarify..

but congrats

Sorry just to clarify, my first doc was giving me 1cc or 100mg test. The new doc jumped it to 200mg but felt 2cc was just a little much to inject to he prescribed 1cc of 200mg test.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by x_rick_x View Post
    Sorry just to clarify, my first doc was giving me 1cc or 100mg test. The new doc jumped it to 200mg but felt 2cc was just a little much to inject to he prescribed 1cc of 200mg test.
    Welcome to the club.

Surprisingly I had a doc at a longevity clinic who wanted to keep me at the LOW level also and he was around the same age as me or younger, healthy so I dont know what his deal was except WAY to many blood test. He also was 1+ hr one way drive for me.

I found a local Endo and after he saw all my blood work records said here is 6 months script, see you in another 6 months. Last time he said blood test in 6 months, see you in a year.
    Last edited by lovbyts; 09-13-2010 at 04:19 AM.

Thread Information