Tom_SawyerBu2B is offline New Member

Question Some good (bit) news on Androgel

Hey folks:

Well, I have been using Androgel (you know 1 % 5mg) 2 packs a day for about 5 months now. I have lost 20 lbs overall. I don't know about gains, or my muscle/fat ratio. (I am not a bb, just a newbie looking for info...but interested in good health...I mean *really* good health) Also, my sex drive has really made a come (no pun intended..lol) back, and energy levels are much better.

Now, let me put this in perspective. I suffer from Bipolar II depression, take 100mg's Zoloft, 80 mg's Prozac, 3mg's Risperdal, Topomax, Clonazepam, and was on 10 mg's of Zyprexa in the past. As many of you may know, Zyprexa, and even Risperdal, can literally turn you into a *blob* even with exercise and diet. They have both been implicated in diabetes. Zyprexa, the moreso though, and I am lucky to have made my way as far as I did on Risperdal with Androgel.

My question is, would a combo of Test shots and say Androgel together make for a better combination. I *still* have to get the bloodwork done, and at 5' 11" and 250 lbs, (I do have a big build) size 40 waist, I do have a ways to go.

I've tried a few supplements with exercise, but not much change. Can anybody recommend anything to give me a bit more of a *boost* (without ruining my health) My doc won't go to straight T, as my liver is already loaded with my other medications.

Thanks for putting up with my pestering, newbie questions.

flatscat is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_SawyerBu2B View Post
    Hey folks:

Well, I have been using Androgel (you know 1 % 5mg) 2 packs a day for about 5 months now. I have lost 20 lbs overall. I don't know about gains, or my muscle/fat ratio. (I am not a bb, just a newbie looking for info...but interested in good health...I mean *really* good health) Also, my sex drive has really made a come (no pun intended..lol) back, and energy levels are much better.

Now, let me put this in perspective. I suffer from Bipolar II depression, take 100mg's Zoloft, 80 mg's Prozac, 3mg's Risperdal, Topomax, Clonazepam, and was on 10 mg's of Zyprexa in the past. As many of you may know, Zyprexa, and even Risperdal, can literally turn you into a *blob* even with exercise and diet. They have both been implicated in diabetes. Zyprexa, the moreso though, and I am lucky to have made my way as far as I did on Risperdal with Androgel.

My question is, would a combo of Test shots and say Androgel together make for a better combination. I *still* have to get the bloodwork done, and at 5' 11" and 250 lbs, (I do have a big build) size 40 waist, I do have a ways to go.

I've tried a few supplements with exercise, but not much change. Can anybody recommend anything to give me a bit more of a *boost* (without ruining my health) My doc won't go to straight T, as my liver is already loaded with my other medications.

Thanks for putting up with my pestering, newbie questions.
    First, welcome!

Next, no need to do both. I could go on about how much better the injectable route is, but you seem as though you have made progress with the gel, and it still is providing you with good results. Based on the the high number of med's that you are taking that can really effect your results on trt - that is a good thing.

Without seeing any lab results for your hormone panel, not many will comment on what else you should add to get that boost you are looking for. Post those and let everyone look at them.

But for right now,
    without any more info, and just my opinion, I say keep on with the gel (can't believe I am saying that) and your doc's protocol until you have negative results.

Good luck!

Hey Tom,

Welcome to the forum, you've come to the right spot. I'm just curious about something and was hoping you might indulge me a little. I have some questions to add if that's alright with you.
    Last edited by forrest_and_trees; 08-14-2010 at 12:26 PM.

Vettester is offline Banned
    Running the two together isn't a good idea ... I wouldn't do it.

You said that your doctor won't give you straight "T", can you explain what this means? I presume you're talking about injections like cyp or eth. I don't get how the gel is going to be a better option for the liver opposed to other non-oral therapies. Maybe you can clarify this for me (thanks).

Thread Information