vvnapoli is offline New Member

Test Cyp shot while sick?

Hey guys, I've been on TRT for a couple months now and loving it, but I got sick with an upper resp infection about a week ago, along with strep. My doctor won't give me my test injection until I feel better. I've been off work for a few days, and I definatly feel like I'm getting better, so I figure if i go in Friday, 3 days late for my 300mg EOW injection, I'll be fine, but would it have hurt anything to have gotten it while sick?
    Thanks,

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Welcome...members will chime in....

oakdad is offline Junior Member
    Time to get a new Doc.
    You should be doing your own shots and they should be weekly or 2 times a week.

vvnapoli is offline New Member
    I'd love to be able to do my own shots, but the docs I've looked into around here, (michigan) either won't accept insurrance, or want a yearly fee. My doctor has been pretty flexable with me, it's covered 100% by my insurrance, they don't charge me anything when I get the shots (no copay or office visit) and the office is 3 minutes from my home, so it's not an inconvienance at all. He started me at 200mg every 3 weeks, but of course that didn't work, so I suggested we move the shots closer together, and he suggested uping the dose. So we began 300 eow and I haven't felt this good in 15 years!

THORSZ is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Makes no sense to me why he would not give you a shot. I have the flu right now and I'm not skipping a shot.

BOB89 is offline Associate Member
    The idea of not giving you your shot because your sick seems off base to me. Test has been shown to boost the immune system and running at a low level sure isn't going to help you feel better. Did you ask him the reason?

Vettester is offline Banned
    Agree ^^^ There's no logic to keeping your hormones low if your sick. Not like the body was lowering its testosterone production when you got sick at 18. Also, the eow protocol is less than ideal, especially at 300mg. Half life is close to 7 days, so you get a peak and a valley, then you start over again.

Thread Information