CraigWatts is offline Junior Member

Androgel and initial Fatigue

Requesting a thought experiment here. This may seem off the wall, but humor me. First I need to admit something I normally wouldn't because it plays a part in my question. I have done "E" a few times in my life, and after the experience, always had a solid 2 to 5 days of extreme fatigue. This was often followed by the acquisition of a cold. After a few experiences I did some googling on the topic and found that this unnatural, focused fatigue was in fact a suppressed immune system. It wasn't a direct result of "E" use, but it was an indirect, delayed effect of the stress placed on the system during the experience itself.

I have found that initiating Androgel treatment causes this identical, exact thing to occur. After about 2-3 days and for a duration of about 4 days more, I become undeniably exhausted, fatigued, and if I am not careful - I often catch a minor cold. At about the 6 day mark, everything suddenly clears up and I feel outstanding .... and experience that increased energy and overall improvement in wellbeing thats associated with synthetic hormone use.

Is there any possibility that a temporary shock to the system might be causing some initial fatigue? Possibly adrenals being suppressed for a short time? Given that Androgel stops natural T production and LH FSH function, maybe this is the cause. But its always quite difficult those first few days on treatment for me.

Thanks for any insight.

frawnz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    It could be a lot of things. Starting any TRT program is going to shut down your own body's production, and while I found the "crash" to be almost non-existant when doing injections, I definitely noticed it with the Androgel (probably because my test absorption rates are WAY lower with topical creams, thus allowing my T levels to drop significantly as my body's production shuts down). Also, Androgel caused a noticable increase in my body temperature, especially at night. E does the same thing (it actually melts holes in your brain), so that could be part of the problem, especially if you've done any permanent damage to your body from the drug use. There's some videos around of brain scans of people who have abused E and their brains look like swiss cheese. Nasty stuff.

flatscat is offline Knowledgeable Member
    what is your dose of the gel?

diesel2030 is offline Junior Member
    I found the "crash" to be almost non-existant when doing injections, I definitely noticed it with the Androgel ..

I agree, I have been doin the gel(10mg) for about 6months and I have more crashes than I want to. I am going to get back on injections in January.

Thread Information