Mailman74 is offline New Member

TRT Questioning My Script

Hello there, I am new to the forum and this is my first post.

I went to my family Dr. to have my level checked and it came back at 220(total test level) and he wanted to prescribe me Androgel which was too expensive and a pain to use.

I then went to a urologist who prescribed me test cyp and has me doing 1cc 200mg every 2 weeks. I feel like it wears off after about 1 week and have went back to him but he will not budge on the script. I am now doing 1/2cc weekly but feel like 1cc a week would be idea. I have been calling around trying to find another Dr. but having no luck.

What are you opinions on doing 1/2cc 100mg weekly and is it enough for most people?

Does anyone know of a Dr. in the Cincinnati, OH area that is more up to date with TRT?

NOSUPERMODEL is offline Member
    It will wear off after about a week, so I think splitting it is the best option until you can find another doctor who knows the half life of test.

sirupate is offline Member
    Yeah, it has a half-life of about a week, so it is half gone by the end of week 1. I am on a bit less than you and the doctor seems to think that amount (300mg./mo divided in 4 inj.) may be enough, but everyone is different. We'd all feel better with more test., at least up to a point. Your doctor is probably just trying to keep you inside the normal range.

What does your bloodwork show on that dosage?

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    good advice above....if you are truly lowT this dose should make a difference to most either weekly or every other and agree weekly in half is my preferred method...i've been all over the board with different doses and do fine with 125mg a week..

other than you mentioning it wearing off after a week what else have you noticed since starting

Mailman74 is offline New Member
    I cheated and was taking 200mg for about 1 month and had bloodwork after about 4 days after shot and my level was 820. I then went back to weekly injections and took 200mg 2 weeks prior to bloodwork and about 75mg a week before bloodwork and the level was 400.

I have lost about 15 lbs since taking test. But my body had changed a lot with adding muscle and losing fat.

NOSUPERMODEL is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mailman74 View Post
    I cheated and was taking 200mg for about 1 month and had bloodwork after about 4 days after shot and my level was 820. I then went back to weekly injections and took 200mg 2 weeks prior to bloodwork and about 75mg a week before bloodwork and the level was 400.

I have lost about 15 lbs since taking test. But my body had changed a lot with adding muscle and losing fat.

I wish I could say that. I have not noticed much as far as body composition changes, but I seem to be getting stronger.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by Mailman74 View Post

think you would have saw same results without the cheat...keep working hard bro you have the tools now u didnt before

Cyclehard is offline Associate Member
    I would imagine that by taking more than you were supposed to would exacerbate the feeling of the T not being enough.

Thread Information