streeter is offline Associate Member

Possible or Impossible?

So I am wondering if a person is on TRT and lets say they average around 800 Total Test and they are making gains in the gym is it possible to gain the same amount of muscle a person makes running a cycle only it would just take longer?

How much muscle can a person gain what is the limitation of not actually cycling or would a person need to do the burst and cruise method to ever achieve the same type gains a person makes running a cycle.

On a side note I started TRT at 170 pounds wearing size 32 pants I got a little bacne as the only side affect but in four months I am now at 191 pounds and I am still in 32 pants a little more snugly though and my quads seem to fill them out more now.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by streeter View Post
    So I am wondering if a person is on TRT and lets say they average around 800 Total Test and they are making gains in the gym is it possible to gain the same amount of muscle a person makes running a cycle only it would just take longer?

How much muscle can a person gain what is the limitation of not actually cycling or would a person need to do the burst and cruise method to ever achieve the same type gains a person makes running a cycle.

On a side note I started TRT at 170 pounds wearing size 32 pants I got a little bacne as the only side affect but in four months I am now at 191 pounds and I am still in 32 pants a little more snugly though and my quads seem to fill them out more now.
    think u answered your question in your last paragraph...congrats bro...how many pounds did u add to your major lifts in those 4 months?

Well the biggest increase was incline DB press I started at 55 pound DB,s and today I did 6 sets of 10 with 80 Pound DB,s I have a slight pain in my right rotator cuff and once that heals I really think I can lift those 100 pound DB,s if someone helps me get them up for the first rep LOL.

Squats well I really never did a squat before TRT so I only go to about a 90 degree angle I can't squat that low but I have done sets of 6 reps with 330 now. I used the hack squat machine for the first time the other day and I was amazed that I was able to do 540 pounds but that machine makes it easier.

Four months ago I never had done a deadlift so when I started I couldn't start from the floor and it was with one 25 pound plate on each side. Now I do deadlifts from the floor and with two 45 pound plates on each side and I am thinking I am ready to increase that as well again.

For the longest time I could sit inclined and bicep curl 45 pd DB but couldn't do 1 rep with the 50 pound DB,s just recently I was able to do about 5 reps with the 50,s.

I had ZERO lats 4 months ago and couldn't do a chin up. I am a damn monkey now and I do more lat work than anything they have popped out nicely not like the pros or any of the guys cycling but I can see them easily now and they have some thickness. I do lots of weird different types of chin ups. I can hang a 45 pound plate from my waist and do 5 or 6 pull ups.

Overall I have made great gains I train 6 days a week usually only 2 muscles each day. On my off day I still might do cardio.

i can see how u jumped to 191lbs and stayed in the same pant size with those increases in weights bro

u must be on cloud nine..how old r u again?

I turn 46 January 16th. I lifted on and off in my teens and now believe my Test was never that high even as a teen because I have never made gains until starting TRT. I got frustrated with it and for about 20 years I got fat didn't lift or do cardio. About 16 months ago I started cardio only and counting calories I went from 260 to 170 in about 9 months. I then started lifting again but again with no real gains until I started TRT 4 months ago and now am at 191 pounds. So I guess I have been all over the place thin, Fat and now some muscle finally.

I turn 46 January 16th. I lifted on and off in my teens and now believe my Test was never that high even as a teen because I have never made gains until starting TRT. I got frustrated with it and for about 20 years I got fat didn't lift or do cardio. About 16 months ago I started cardio only and counting calories I went from 260 to 170 in about 9 months. I then started lifting again but again with no real gains until I started TRT 4 months ago and now am at 191 pounds. So I guess I have been all over the place thin, Fat and now some muscle finally.
    at least you were able to lose the fat being low T...and then gain with it

I could post some pics of my progress from 260 to 170 and then I have one at about 180 on my way back up to today's weight of 192 but I don't know if I want my face forever floating on the forum and the net so if I linked them to photo bucket and then in a week or so I could just delete them and they wouldn't be on the forum any more correct? Or I could just delete them from this thread?

The Toad is offline Associate Member
    If your worried about that I would either crop the pic or blur your face. Just about any photo editing software would do that, then put them on photo bucket and point the thread to those pics.

EZ E is offline Associate Member
    I had the same problem with squats because I have long legs. Try a wide stance (just wider than shoulders and point your toes out at about a 30 degree angle) and you should be able to go deeper. It does make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by EZ E View Post
    I had the same problem with squats because I have long legs. Try a wide stance (just wider than shoulders and point your toes out at about a 30 degree angle) and you should be able to go deeper. It does make a difference.
    agree about the tallness/long legs...but isnt 90 degrees enough or is it necessary to go just below

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    Well the biggest increase was incline DB press I started at 55 pound DB,s and today I did 6 sets of 10 with 80 Pound DB,s I have a slight pain in my right rotator cuff and once that heals I really think I can lift those 100 pound DB,s if someone helps me get them up for the first rep LOL.

Squats well I really never did a squat before TRT so I only go to about a 90 degree angle I can't squat that low but I have done sets of 6 reps with 330 now. I used the hack squat machine for the first time the other day and I was amazed that I was able to do 540 pounds but that machine makes it easier.

Four months ago I never had done a deadlift so when I started I couldn't start from the floor and it was with one 25 pound plate on each side. Now I do deadlifts from the floor and with two 45 pound plates on each side and I am thinking I am ready to increase that as well again.

For the longest time I could sit inclined and bicep curl 45 pd DB but couldn't do 1 rep with the 50 pound DB,s just recently I was able to do about 5 reps with the 50,s.

I had ZERO lats 4 months ago and couldn't do a chin up. I am a damn monkey now and I do more lat work than anything they have popped out nicely not like the pros or any of the guys cycling but I can see them easily now and they have some thickness. I do lots of weird different types of chin ups. I can hang a 45 pound plate from my waist and do 5 or 6 pull ups.

Overall I have made great gains I train 6 days a week usually only 2 muscles each day. On my off day I still might do cardio.
    stay away from delt raises!! i had that niggling slight pain in my shoulder and managed to blow it with a heavy front raise, only getting back now after 2mths and lifting very lightly. take care of it,its set me back alot. congrats on the achievement, im on 250mg pw trt and can gain nicely on it with a good diet and creatine added in, everything seems to come that bit more easily on trt.

OK well here goes trying to link these photos to this message. If it works the first picture is just my face Before and after.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    OK Now this next picture is a panoramic it shows me at my worst 260 Pounds on the left and 170 pounds far right. I was at my daughters HS ROTC Dinner thus I blocked out my daughters picture.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    OK This last picture is me right before starting TRT. I was about 180 I am now 192. I had been lifting my ass off for a few months with little gain.
    [IMG][/IMG]

I guess I should take another picture soon maybe when I hit 200 pounds and post it on here.

dude...AWESOME...congrats man...know exactly the road u traveled..

post up you current 191 pic and then the 200 in a couple months

great job bro

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    like a totally different person.. good work man. keep it up

EZ E is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    agree about the tallness/long legs...but isnt 90 degrees enough or is it necessary to go just below
    Full squats activate your hams, glutes and inner thigh more along with the quads. It is also better on your knees since stopping at 90 degrees takes the hamstring out of the exercise and the hams are used to stabilize the knee. I can definitely see a big difference for me in leg development since switching to a fuller squat.

frawnz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Amazing transition! I bet your daughter is thrilled that her dad is a health stud now.

Quote Originally Posted by EZ E View Post
    Full squats activate your hams, glutes and inner thigh more along with the quads. It is also better on your knees since stopping at 90 degrees takes the hamstring out of the exercise and the hams are used to stabilize the knee. I can definitely see a big difference for me in leg development since switching to a fuller squat.
    yeh makes sense....i definately can feel more backside when i lighten so i can go deep

Thread Information