Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thank you!!!!!!

BrysZ is offline Associate Member

Thank you!!!!!!

I owe you all a huge thanks! Everyone who has taken the time to help me has gave me a new lease on life!

I came to this forum curious about low-t and wanting to learn more. My symptoms indicated I could be a candidate. You had the patience to ignore my ignorance and encourage me to go to a doctor. The doctor found me low-t but put me on one 200mg/month injection.

Deparate and frustrated I began to look for sources and also began talking to over priced HRT clinics.

Today I took another one of your suggestions and met with an endo...BINGO!!!! What a fantastic meeting! She understood everything I had to say and taught me even more. We decided to wait until next Wednesday to get more blood work done including all the estrogen stuff. We are waiting until then because I just got my last 200mg shot last Friday. The following day she will write me a six month script for self administered WEEKLY injections!!!!

Dosage unknown at this point but we will see what the blood work says and then we are checking the blood work again in a month and adjust the script from there.

Here is the icing...insurance will cover all of it!!!

On question I must ask...will 12 days after the 200mg injection produce a very low test result? I am hoping to be rock bottom next Wednesday (1/19)to 'encourage' her to script a high enough dosage.

Thank you all again...you have changed my life!!! Hell, 4 months ago I didn't even know what low-t or an endo was!!!!

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by BrysZ View Post
    I owe you all a huge thanks! Everyone who has taken the time to help me has gave me a new lease on life!

I came to this forum curious about low-t and wanting to learn more. My symptoms indicated I could be a candidate. You had the patience to ignore my ignorance and encourage me to go to a doctor. The doctor found me low-t but put me on one 200mg/month injection.

Deparate and frustrated I began to look for sources and also began talking to over priced HRT clinics.

Today I took another one of your suggestions and met with an endo...BINGO!!!! What a fantastic meeting! She understood everything I had to say and taught me even more. We decided to wait until next Wednesday to get more blood work done including all the estrogen stuff. We are waiting until then because I just got my last 200mg shot last Friday. The following day she will write me a six month script for self administered WEEKLY injections!!!!

Dosage unknown at this point but we will see what the blood work says and then we are checking the blood work again in a month and adjust the script from there.

Here is the icing...insurance will cover all of it!!!

On question I must ask...will 12 days after the 200mg injection produce a very low test result? I am hoping to be rock bottom next Wednesday (1/19)to 'encourage' her to script a high enough dosage.

Thank you all again...you have changed my life!!! Hell, 4 months ago I didn't even know what low-t or an endo was!!!!
    glad bro...hope you take advantage of modern medicine and make the best of it...

about your 12 day out question...lets have a contest.....i say if u test between 7-8am total test is 639

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Congrats. Don't try to game the system too much. If you try to trick the scores you will only end up taking longer to find your correct level. If your only goal is to get prescribed the highest dosage possible, well, then you aren't doing it right. Having really high levels shouldn't be the end result. Having the RIGHT levels should be the end result. Blast a couple of times a year if you want bigger results, but cruise on the correct level.

I haven't been doing this long either, so definitely get feedback from others on this point.

stevey_6t9 is offline RIP Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian - Veni Vidi Vici
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyVegas View Post
    Congrats. Don't try to game the system too much. If you try to trick the scores you will only end up taking longer to find your correct level. If your only goal is to get prescribed the highest dosage possible, well, then you aren't doing it right. Having really high levels shouldn't be the end result. Having the RIGHT levels should be the end result. Blast a couple of times a year if you want bigger results, but cruise on the correct level.

I haven't been doing this long either, so definitely get feedback from others on this point.
    well said.

Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    glad bro...hope you take advantage of modern medicine and make the best of it...

about your 12 day out question...lets have a contest.....i say if u test between 7-8am total test is 639
    Any guess what she will dose me at?

CraigWatts is offline Junior Member
    Blast and cruise - great terms!

Any guess what she will dose me at?
    well she knows youre on 200mg per month already...and you mention the 12 day out bloodtest but as i read JV post, i didnt catch that you hadnt decided on that....i think that she needs to know when you are doing the blood in comparison to your last inject and agree with JV that it aint worth trickin the doc...u already said she seemed knowledgeable...and i can very well be wrong on that figure...it was a total guess thinking that you had that scheduled, etc.

at VERY least she should use that same dose twice a month and try to get you goin on every 7 -10 days from there which could be from 100-200mg to keep u at levels between mid to upper range

She also said she didn't worry about total test....she said she wants free test at about 125....its was 37 at the first blood test..

flatscat is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Congrats BrysZ. Sounds like you found a winner. Play it straight with her. Sounds like she should be fine with whatever your levels are 12 days out.

It was suggested I repost this in my existing thread...

Thought I would report back with my latest news. My blood work results from last week are...
    total 592.5 (350-890)
    SHBG 57.2 (14.5-48.4)
    Free Test 88 (47-244)
    LH .1 (1.7-8.6)
    FSH. 3 (1.5-12.4)

I guess for the most part things are improving. The blood was drawn 12 days after my monthly 200 mg shot. My new Endo has me on 50mg/wk. I know very low dosage. I argued with her but she is determined to let this ride for a month and draw more blood and adjust the script. I guess this is going to be a long process. What you guys see in those LH and FSH numbers? Thanks!

Those where the only results from this blood work. Am I still needing more estrogen results? So the LH and FSH are meaningless at this point? I know the 50 mg/wk is not going to do the trick. I get tested in four weeks from today. I expect poor results, but I might even skip my last shot just to insure a low test result and decent dosage increase. I wish this process wasn't so drawn out. I don't know how to descibe how I feel. The hit of 200mg once a month left me so confused. Now I took 50mg last week (MY FIRST SELF INJECTION!!!!!!!!) and I really thought I felt better. Its so hard to know for sure so many things affect how you feel day to day...could all be in my head. I going to follow her plan and then push HARD to get my dosage increased after the next blood work. If she doesnt respond I will have to supplemant with my own stuff I guess.

bryz i know its hard to be patient but please just get your next bloodwork without trying to trick it....youre levels were good being 12 days out from your shot...but youre right youre gonna need more T than 50....since your self injection youre gonna be able to do this one way or the other...hell, my rx says 200mg every 3 weeks BUT I SELF INJECT(i never had the need to get the dosage changed because of it) BUT youre gonna want to know what your levels were at different dosages so now you'll have the monthly AND weekly on pretty much the same dose....after that(you can either convince her or go your own since you can self inject) i asked you in your new thread how do u feel since starting which is even more important than the numbers????

bryz i know its hard to be patient but please just get your next bloodwork without trying to trick it....youre levels were good being 12 days out from your shot...but youre right youre gonna need more T than 50....since your self injection youre gonna be able to do this one way or the other...hell, my rx says 200mg every 3 weeks BUT I SELF INJECT(i never had the need to get the dosage changed because of it) BUT youre gonna want to know what your levels were at different dosages so now you'll have the monthly AND weekly on pretty much the same dose....after that(you can either convince her or go your own since you can self inject) i asked you in your new thread how do u feel since starting which is even more important than the numbers????
    I don't feel bad...its so hard to know how I feel after the 200mg all at once and then 3 weeks of falling. But I had 50mg last week and I think its fine. Its so tempting to try to fake the results and get more test, but I am going to follow your reccomendations...they have done well by me so far. Thank you. I guess I will be proof if 50mg/week has an affect or not. Speculation is one thing but blood work is fact...thank you again

I think you are going to feel better just by keeping you levels more consistent with more frequent injections.

Believe me, I know what you are going through. My first doc was very generous and gave me a scrip for 400mg/week so that I had some flexibility, and I started heavy...until everyone here brought me back to sanity. Now I kind of feel like my first doc wasn't really watching out for me. My new doc is great, does TRT himself, and has really proven himself to be trustworthy.

I think you are going to feel better just by keeping you levels more consistent with more frequent injections.

Believe me, I know what you are going through. My first doc was very generous and gave me a scrip for 400mg/week so that I had some flexibility, and I started heavy...until everyone here brought me back to sanity. Now I kind of feel like my first doc wasn't really watching out for me. My new doc is great, does TRT himself, and has really proven himself to be trustworthy.
    hard to believe one doc could write for 400 and the other for 50....extremism everywhere

hard to believe one doc could write for 400 and the other for 50....extremism everywhere
    Mine told me to take 200mg, but wrote for 400 so I could "refill early." I never got a answer from her on what that meant as she was fired. And maybe rightly so. So, I was told to do 200mg, but did 400 anyway because I could. I don't think anyone would ever be prescribed 400mg a week by a doctor that is trying to get hormone levels correct as I think I would have been off the charts at 400.

Mine told me to take 200mg, but wrote for 400 so I could "refill early." I never got a answer from her on what that meant as she was fired. And maybe rightly so. So, I was told to do 200mg, but did 400 anyway because I could. I don't think anyone would ever be prescribed 400mg a week by a doctor that is trying to get hormone levels correct as I think I would have been off the charts at 400.
    actually 200 would take some off the charts

BillyBob210 is offline Junior Member
    Agreed

Okay I finally had my blood work done again after 4 weeks of 50mg/wk and you guys are right. 50mg/wk is not going to change a thing...Total Test 332. My new prescription is 100mg/wk!!! I will be checked again in four weeks...keep you posted...thank you

And it should make a big difference. What about your shbg, free and e2?

Quote Originally Posted by flatscat View Post
    And it should make a big difference. What about your shbg, free and e2?
    Didnt get the total results...only a phone call. Will report back though.

HitIt is offline Knowledgeable Member
    has the 50mg/wk helped at all? felt any better?

Quote Originally Posted by HitIt View Post
    has the 50mg/wk helped at all? felt any better?
    Yes I felt good for 4to5 days each week. I could feel it dropping at the end every week.

Any huge benefit to spliting the dose up 2x/week. I already had my 50mg on Monday. Was going to inject the other 50mg tonight or tomorrow. I was wondering at only 100mg/wk would things run 'smoother' if I inject 50mg 2x/week...

IMO the more you can smooth out the peaks and valleys the better for you and your body. An EOD protocol is probably best but here's what I do with success:

Monday AM: 60 mg T Cyp IM & .5 AI
    Thursday PM: 60 mg T Cyp IM & .5 AI
    250 hCG EOD

Nice and smooooooooth:-)

Quote Originally Posted by gdevine View Post
    IMO the more you can smooth out the peaks and valleys the better for you and your body. An EOD protocol is probably best but here's what I do with success:

Monday AM: 60 mg T Cyp IM & .5 AI
    Thursday PM: 60 mg T Cyp IM & .5 AI
    250 hCG EOD

Nice and smooooooooth:-)
    how long have u been on that protocol and how often have you got bloods on such...

how long have u been on that protocol and how often have you got bloods on such...
    We didn't start out that way. Harvard trained TRT Doc had me on this protocol the first month:

Sunday: 500 iu hCG
    Monday: 500 iu hCG
    Tuesday: 120 mg T Cyp
    Wednesday: 1 mg AI

I didn't like this at all. Slamming my balls back to back with big shots of hCG and then followed up with a big hit of T Cyp...just too much all at once. After some research on spreading out the protocol and the results other men were seeing with way more consistent levels and feelings I asked him to go to the new protocol above.

His response: "this is an art, I like what your proposing so let's give it a try".

I feel the same way all the time now, no more feeling really good to just feeling okay to the next Tuesday. Like I said, an EOD protocol is really the ideal but with the amount of T I am taking the protocol in my post above works excellent.

I get tested every 3 months and my Doc - and I as well - are totally satisfied with results. I don't want to hijack this OP's thread with my numbers but how the OP was treated in his earlier protocol was nothing of malpractice in my opinion. This man had to go through the peak and valley routine which just isn't right because the Doc was uninformed about treatment!

With 100 mg T each week he should also be on 1 mg weekly of an AI (and have E2 tested) AND hCG to save his balls if he ever wants to come off TRT, have kids or want to save his manly-hood and not end up looking like a 5 year old!
    Last edited by steroid.com 1; 02-23-2011 at 03:33 PM.

We didn't start out that way. Harvard trained TRT Doc had me on this protocol the first month:

I didn't like this at all. Slamming my balls back to back with big shots of hCG and then followed up with a big hit of T Cyp...just too much all at once. After some research on spreading out the protocol and the results other men were seeing with way more consistent levels and feelings I asked him to go to the new protocol above.

His response: "this is an art, I like what your proposing so let's give it a try".

I feel the same way all the time now, no more feeling really good to just feeling okay to the next Tuesday. Like I said, an EOD protocol is really the ideal but with the amount of T I am taking the protocol in my post above works excellent.

I get tested every 3 months and my Doc - and I as well - are totally satisfied with results. I don't want to hijack this OP's thread with my numbers but how the OP was treated in his earlier protocol was nothing of malpractice in my opinion. This man had to go through the peak and valley routine which just isn't right because the Doc was uninformed about treatment!

With 100 mg T each week he should also be on 1 mg weekly of an AI (and have E2 tested) AND hCG to save his balls if he ever wants to come off TRT, have kids or want to save his manly-hood and not end up looking like a 5 year old!
    thats amazing that you can do bloods every 3 months...i believe you have your own thread? please keep us updated there with all your progression and each bloodwork...lot to learn from a detailed/monitored protocol

Thank you for your responses. I appreciate your sympathy for my initial trt...it was HELL. I am going to take an AI but will not be using HCG. I have had my children and had a vascetomy years ago. So my balls are going to be smaller...more room in my trousers I guess. Nobody sees them except my wife and she understands my entire protocol. In fact she injects me each week. I am thinking of doing the 50mg twice a week because of the up and downs I get each week. Maybe the increased dosage will correct that on its own. Not sure. I just hate trying to draw up .2 ml in a 3ml shringe. At least at 100mg it will seem like I am actually doing something.

Thank you for your responses. I appreciate your sympathy for my initial trt...it was HELL. I am going to take an AI but will not be using HCG . I have had my children and had a vascetomy years ago. So my balls are going to be smaller...more room in my trousers I guess. Nobody sees them except my wife and she understands my entire protocol. In fact she injects me each week. I am thinking of doing the 50mg twice a week because of the up and downs I get each week. Maybe the increased dosage will correct that on its own. Not sure. I just hate trying to draw up .2 ml in a 3ml shringe. At least at 100mg it will seem like I am actually doing something.
    lol...i feel the same when i fill before a whole 1 mil

btw...hope your pulling .25

Once a week injections can still causes peaks and valleys (hi's and low's) BrysZ. The same way you felt when you had that shitty initial protocol that put you in a hellish roller coaster can happen even with once a week injection so split your injections in smaller doses (50 mg per pin) in a similar fashion as to how I do it. You will feel much better all the time and your body will thank you as well as your T levels will be more consistent.

I urge you to seriously think about hCG . At 100 mg / wk of T and that your MD has not put you on a hCG protocol really makes me wonder about what they know about TRT. Without hCG the LH recepetors on the leydig cells in your balls will stop working...not good for a lot of serious reasons!

Your balls and sack will get seriously small and tight over time...and you will end up looking like my 5 year old - I kid [sic] you not. The degree of shrinkage probably depends upon a number of things as everyone is different but age seems to be the big player here; meaning, the older the man the more likely the higher degree of atrophy. Your balls won't hang anymore and your sack will pull really tight against your body...all the time! You really want that?

When your balls shrink they can hurt...OUCH!

You had your kids so in this regard hCG is not important. However, if a decent amount of ejaculate when you cum is important to you then hCG is needed when it comes to this.

And remember, your balls produce pregnenolone. You need this for mental functioning plus it is the mother of all other hormones in your body and you need it! You can always supplement as an option but you will need to test and constantly evaluate levels just like T.

It's a free world man but do your own research, Google is your friend! Personally, I can't even imagine not having hCG as part of my overall protocol and I inject only 20 mgs more then you do each week.

Peace!

G

lol...i feel the same when i fill before a whole 1 mil

btw...hope your pulling .25
    Yikes...no I was using .2!!! You are right .25 is 50mg at 200mg/ml...jeesh I will never get this right!!!

Once a week injections can still causes peaks and valleys (hi's and low's) BrysZ. The same way you felt when you had that shitty initial protocol that put you in a hellish roller coaster can happen even with once a week injection so split your injections in smaller doses (50 mg per pin) in a similar fashion as to how I do it. You will feel much better all the time and your body will thank you as well as your T levels will be more consistent.

I urge you to seriously think about hCG . At 100 mg / wk of T and that your MD has not put you on a hCG protocol really makes me wonder about what they know about TRT. Without hCG the LH recepetors on the leydig cells in your balls will stop working...not good for a lot of serious reasons!

Your balls and sack will get seriously small and tight over time...and you will end up looking like my 5 year old - I kid [sic] you not. The degree of shrinkage probably depends upon a number of things as everyone is different but age seems to be the big player here; meaning, the older the man the more likely the higher degree of atrophy. Your balls won't hang anymore and your sack will pull really tight against your body...all the time! You really want that?

You had your kids so in this regard hCG is not important. However, if a decent amount of ejaculate when you cum is important to you then hCG is needed when it comes to this.

And remember, your balls produce pregnenolone. You need this for mental functioning plus it is the mother of all other hormones in your body and you need it! You can always supplement as an option but you will need to test and constantly evaluate levels just like T.

It's a free world man but do your own research, Google is your friend! Personally, I can't even imagine not having hCG as part of my overall protocol and I inject only 20 mgs more then you do each week.

Peace!

G
    Well I did purchase HCG months ago from an UL and then I was talked out of using it by members that believed it wasn't necessary considering my vasectomy and all. I could inject it if I wished to. Could you explain your protocol and procedure for HCG? I have the vials and the water...not sure on dosage, frequency, needle size and injection procedure...thank you

Well I did purchase HCG months ago from an UL and then I was talked out of using it by members that believed it wasn't necessary considering my vasectomy and all. I could inject it if I wished to. Could you explain your protocol and procedure for HCG? I have the vials and the water...not sure on dosage, frequency, needle size and injection procedure...thank you
    make sure you inquire about the shelf life of that hcg too bro

Recommended protocol for hCG : 250iu every other day (EOD)

Use insulin syringe and needle (Wall Mart).

Inject subcutaneous (SC) 4 inches to the left or right of your belly button into the fat. (Go to You Tube and see videos on insulin injection procedures it's the same.)

Always refrigerate hCG once you make it up.

Shelf life of hCG stored properly is about 80 days.

Remember, using hCG for all the reasons stated has another BIG benefit; you will increase your own natural levels of T as well (albeit not huge but you do get more!) and you'll feel even better to boot.

subnet is offline Associate Member

Peace!

G
    I've been going back and forth with once weekly vs. bi-weekly injects and for me, I can't tell the difference. I agree conceptually with what you're saying about less peaks and valleys though, but everyone's different and BrysZ may be OK with once a week... Of course, twice may be better for him! Don't know until you try it out. About the tight scrotum without HCG, I can personally vouch for that too. Especially when having sex, they basically pushed up inside me and it hurt. HCG has increased their size and has lowered the scrotum back to where it's supposed to be hangin.

My Dr. through 98% of my TRT didn't believe in HCG so I went ahead myself and bought it. I too had a vasectomy but as I already stated, it really helped me. I purchase the HCG in 5000iu unit vials. Take 2ml of bacteriostatic water and inject it into the HCG vial. Swirl around until dissolved. Remove the HCG/water solution from the small HCG vial and inject into new sterilized vial. Take 3 more ml of bac water and inject into the new sterilized vial giving you 5ml of water + dissolved HCG. Each ml then equals 1000iu's of HCG. If you buy 11,000 iu vials of HCG, then you'll have to either adjust the amount of water, or just know how much to load in the insulin pins. It's easy to read .5ml for example and know that it's 500iu's.

Take your insulin pins and load them with whatever dose of HCG you need. Place in fridge and they're ready to go! Inject SQ into your love handles - no aspiration required. Easy peasy lemon squeezie!
    Last edited by subnet; 02-24-2011 at 11:30 AM.

Peace!

G
    Hey GD,

When your body is naturally producing adequate amounts of t, do you think your levels remain constant or do not have peaks and valley's?

Good words about hcg, although there are many who do not and have not added and are just fine.

Flats

Natural production of T levels flux greatly. T levels peak in the morning for men - before 9 a.m. and decline durng the course of the day. That's the main reason why you want to have bloods drawn before 9 a.m. to get an accurate reading of peak T and other levels as well. T levels can swing between tests in the range of 50 to 75 points! That's why multipe tests are really required to get an accurate reading of your levels. One test is just a "snap shot" and probably not dead on accurate.

On hCG , those not on it have reasons like using a low dose gel which is for the most part ineffective. Injecting 100 mg of T each week requires hCG for all the reaons stated here or the end result will be what's noted here. Time will show you that...

Natural production of T levels flux greatly. T levels peak in the morning for men - before 9 a.m. and decline durng the course of the day. That's the main reason why you want to have bloods drawn before 9 a.m. to get an accurate reading of peak T and other levels as well. T levels can swing between tests in the range of 50 to 75 points! That's why multipe tests are really required to get an accurate reading of your levels. One test is just a "snap shot" and probably not dead on accurate.

On hCG, those not on it have reasons like using a low dose gel which is for the most part ineffective. Injecting 100 mg of T each week requires hCG for all the reaons stated here or the end result will be what's noted here. Time will show you that...
    See bold.

Then why in the hell are you trying to keep a constant level? You make some great statements about the use of hcg , and it's ability to "fool" the testes into acting more naturally, but you go the opposite way and propose that keeping t numbers very stable is the way to go when we know that is not the way our bodies work. As long as we stay CLOSE to the half life on an injection schedule, we should be fine. Please take this as only my personal opinion.

Flats

If an individual is primary or secondary low T and uses exogenous T the spikes in T levels will NEVER duplicate the variances in natural T levels. It's elementary. Natural T levels rise and fall in all men naturally during the course of a day BUT nothing like when you inject 100 mg of T in your ass in 1 minutes time. It's worse, when you inject every 2 or 3 weeks with massive doses. Do your research; you really want to keep your T levels as consistent as possible; more natural that way and you feel better with no peak or valley. That's why some propose EOD or E3D protocols.

Like my Doc said; this is an art and what works for some may not work for others.

Good luck my friend
    Last edited by steroid.com 1; 02-25-2011 at 01:59 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information