Philly Grappler is offline Associate Member

Competing in weight specific sports/can't drop

I'm currently on 180/wk Test cyp and .25 Arimidex EOD. When not on test I can drop weight easily. I'm very heavy right now on Test cyp and can't drop, and it's not cuz of lack of cardio. I'm in the gym constantly. Anybody else have this issue? I'd hate to have to switch to test prop and inject ED.

By the way, my test levels are around the 600's.

sirupate is offline Member
    I believe that exogenous test. can cause you to retain more water, but given the wrestling/weight thing, I don't know what to tell you to do. Do you need to be on that much test. cyp. to do whatever you are doing?

sirp

flatscat is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I am surprised that your total is not higher. How does your free look? I could not, did not lose all my weight until a good while into my trt. Guess someone should ask how your diet is and what it is - not specific, just generally (high protien, low carb or just calorie based). No need to switch to prop for trt imo.

Yeah, I do't know why, I would think it would be higher too. I can't rember exactly what the free test was off hand, but it wasn't above normal levels. I generally eat healthy, cheat a bit on the weekends. High pretein, whey protein after workouts, eat 5-6 times a day (smaller meals). I don;t know whats wrong with me but it's frustrating.

flatscat is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Philly, forgive me for not researching, but what are your stats? I think I remember that you don't respond with the same t levels as most but I may be wrong. Get your free t number as it is the key unlike some posts have said lately - free IS king. You should be killing it unless something else is taking the t. So you are in a calorie deficit mode?

layeazy is offline Banned
    i suppose just go with the flow starving yourself isn't going to help if you have to grapple at a heavier weight then so be it..

BOB89 is offline Associate Member
    Where is your current bf% and how much has it changed since beginning HRT.

also what method did you use to figure bf%

GotNoBlueMilk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I was loosing weight more easily before my TRT, too. My fat % is decreasing, but my weight is staying put. I wrestled through HS and college, so I like to see results on the scale. I know the calipers are a better indicator, but after 8 years of weighing myself 3 times a day for the sport, I still -- 30 years later -- live by the scale.

Advice to move up a weight class is premature. As all wrestlers know well, wrestling is a sport of leverage and not one of pure power. Moving up will be tough, plus cracking the lineup in that weight may be the reason you aren't doing it anyway.

If you starve yourself you will lose weight. I am willing to bet you are sucking up calories somewhere you are not aware of. Forget the low fat high carb diet thing if you are chasing that. And by the way, saturated fat is better than unsaturated fat. At least all the valid studies and latest research point to that.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by GotNoBlueMilk View Post
    I was loosing weight more easily before my TRT, too. My fat % is decreasing, but my weight is staying put. I wrestled through HS and college, so I like to see results on the scale. I know the calipers are a better indicator, but after 8 years of weighing myself 3 times a day for the sport, I still -- 30 years later -- live by the scale.

Advice to move up a weight class is premature. As all wrestlers know well, wrestling is a sport of leverage and not one of pure power. Moving up will be tough, plus cracking the lineup in that weight may be the reason you aren't doing it anyway.

If you starve yourself you will lose weight. I am willing to bet you are sucking up calories somewhere you are not aware of. Forget the low fat high carb diet thing if you are chasing that. And by the way, saturated fat is better than unsaturated fat. At least all the valid studies and latest research point to that.
    so a fatty steak is better than say a lean steak sauteed in olive oil? YES!!!!!!!

GotNoBlueMilk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Well, if the fatty steak was beef raised on grass (grass fed beef) and not corn/grain then yes. Grass fed beef has a totally different fat. It is high in Omega-3 for one thing. Corn/grain fattened beef is bad beef. And corn/grain fattened humans are unhealthy humans. The pork industry lowered the fat in pork not by breeding, but by removing the corn they fed the pork.

Thread Information