outmama is offline New Member

Requesting input from those with experiance.

I have been lurking on the board for several weeks now reading all the "most read" posts. I have started working out again and was mostly interested in general fitness and diet information. I have been fit and strength trained daily at a few points in my life and recently started again after a 5 or so year layoff. In reading about HRT what I discovered is that I have almost every symptom listed for low T. I went to my regular MD and got a T test that came back at 409. They said that was an acceptable level but in reading the boards, I decided to go see my Uroligist. My Urlogist took blood and prescribed testin 1% (one tube daily) and sent out for more lab work. I started the testim 1% that day and immediatly saw of my symptoms greatly reduced (in 2 or 3 days). The test from my Urlogist (10 days later than the first from my MD) came back at 550. My Urologist has now said that this is within limits that they cant prescribe anything. I have a few questions.

1. Is that normal to jump 141 points in 10 days (both were 8am ish tests)?
    2. Assuming 550 is the true number and I am not bouncing around, should I consider stopping the treatment or should I pursue another doc?
    3. What is one tube of 1% testim equal to in terms of some other type of T in mg? (is that comparison possible)?
    4. How dangerios is having testim on my skin when i have little girls (4 and 6) that climb like monkeys on me?

My stats
    Name Matt
    38 yo
    6'3 250 27%
    No previous cycle experiance
    several years of workout experiance but almost no exercise in the past several years.
    Current workout is 3-4x week heavy weights and 3-5 core and cardio workouts a week (sometimes in the same workout).
    My diet is very clean with a cheat here and there. Cheats are kept within reason.
    I follow the p90x and body for life diets (as a guideline) with more protien. I usually have one carb a day in the morning and perhaps a carb one other time if I am going to workout (other than vegies etc).
    My goal is to lose 15% body fat. I will build from there, but need to get smaller now.

This board is a wealth of information. Thanks for putting in all the time to build it up!

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Welcome!
    As far as the test gel and contact with you female family members? try to keep them off/away from where you applied it. Not good for their exposure.

Glad you are here. The guys will chime in with more info.

pittbulldad is offline Associate Member
    1. its possible but if you were on testim it should have gone up....
    2. I would wait a few weeks and then get tested again
    3. no idea.
    4. very dangerous due to transference...

sirupate is offline Member
    That is probably a normal jump in levels due to the Testim gel. You didn't mention a free T level...that is the measurement that is more important. There is no reason a doctor can't prescribe more testosterone that gets you in the upper part of the normal range...yours just doesn't want to do it. I'd consider looking for another doctor if you want higher levels.

I don't know just how real the risk for transferring the gel to your wife or children is. Depends on where you put the gel and their potential exposure to those areas. Generally if you are covered with clothing, it isn't a risk.

I have never looked up Testim, but Androgel has a 10% absorption rate. I'd imagine Testim is similar. How much gel is in one tube of Testim? Multiply the weight of the gel in one tube (in grams) times 1% times 10% times 30 (days in month). You should come up with a weight in mg (or grams). That will be how much testosterone you are getting in a month. In comparison, the normal starting dose of injectible testosterone (cypionate ) is 400mg. per month. It is unlikely that your Testim dose is that high...probably more on the order of 150mg./mo.

sirp

Any contact especially to young girls is dangerous. When adult females are on HRT their test doses are about 1/10th of what a male's dose is even as an adult. Skin is where the gel is absorbed. So any contact will not be good at all. For now you might have to figure out a way to apply it where they are not anywhere near you for a few hours as well as a good layer of clothing.

I am sorry for not being more clear. I had not started the testim at the time the 2nd set of blood was taken. I started it the next morning.

In looking closer, the tubes are 50mg per 5gm tube so x30 days =150. Thank you!

pittbulldad is offline Associate Member
    try one of the online clinics...

Quote Originally Posted by pittbulldad View Post
    try one of the online clinics...
    Thanks for taking the time to respond and I am sorry for being slow, but I didnt follow this. What kind of online clinic and what might I use them for?

Go to Google and key in "anti aging clinics Tennessee". If nothing comes up in your state other states will like FL and NV will for sure. Anti aging clinics have a much more liberal view of TRT and HGH therapies. No insurance and you will pay but they will take care of you. At the low 400's - with symptoms - they would take care of you right quick.
    Last edited by steroid.com 1; 02-28-2011 at 01:56 PM.

Meantime while looking for a clinic I strongly suggest you read a lot here. There is more to this than just testosterone .

Plus odds are you will more than likely end up wanting to take injections rather than cream/gel; hence why reading lots of threads here will help you get the info you need and what questions to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    Meantime while looking for a clinic I strongly suggest you read a lot here. There is more to this than just testosterone .

Plus odds are you will more than likely end up wanting to take injections rather than cream/gel; hence why reading lots of threads here will help you get the info you need and what questions to ask.
    YES! Excellent advise for sure!!!

BeastintheSheets is offline New Member
    You can PM me and I have the info of an extremely cheap online clinic.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastintheSheets View Post
    You can PM me and I have the info of an extremely cheap online clinic.
    Thanks Beast! Apperently I am not smart enough to figure out how to PM...

BeastintheSheets is offline New Member
    click on my blue screenname then send email or add me as a friend first dunno how it works.

flatscat is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by outmama View Post
    I have been lurking on the board for several weeks now reading all the "most read" posts. I have started working out again and was mostly interested in general fitness and diet information. I have been fit and strength trained daily at a few points in my life and recently started again after a 5 or so year layoff. In reading about HRT what I discovered is that I have almost every symptom listed for low T. I went to my regular MD and got a T test that came back at 409. They said that was an acceptable level but in reading the boards, I decided to go see my Uroligist. My Urlogist took blood and prescribed testin 1% (one tube daily) and sent out for more lab work. I started the testim 1% that day and immediatly saw of my symptoms greatly reduced (in 2 or 3 days). The test from my Urlogist (10 days later than the first from my MD) came back at 550. My Urologist has now said that this is within limits that they cant prescribe anything. I have a few questions.

1. Is that normal to jump 141 points in 10 days (both were 8am ish tests)?
    yes - our Normal levels rise and fall frequently
    2. Assuming 550 is the true number and I am not bouncing around, should I consider stopping the treatment or should I pursue another doc?
    yes, stop right now, your choice on looking for another doc
    3. What is one tube of 1% testim equal to in terms of some other type of T in mg? (is that comparison possible)?
    If you are correct below, and one tube is 50mg's you are going to shut your natty t production down, the doc already said he is not going to refill that script - so you have a choice to make. You will have to recover back to your natty levels after you stop, if you don't pursue another avenue for trt
    4. How dangerios is having testim on my skin when i have little girls (4 and 6) that climb like monkeys on me?

As stated below, not sure about exactly how dangerous it is, but it was NEVER worth the risk to me

My stats
    Name Matt
    38 yo
    6'3 250 27%
    No previous cycle experiance
    several years of workout experiance but almost no exercise in the past several years.
    Current workout is 3-4x week heavy weights and 3-5 core and cardio workouts a week (sometimes in the same workout).
    My diet is very clean with a cheat here and there. Cheats are kept within reason.
    I follow the p90x and body for life diets (as a guideline) with more protien. I usually have one carb a day in the morning and perhaps a carb one other time if I am going to workout (other than vegies etc).
    My goal is to lose 15% body fat. I will build from there, but need to get smaller now.

This board is a wealth of information. Thanks for putting in all the time to build it up!
    hope that helps

Quote Originally Posted by outmama View Post
    Thanks Beast! Apperently I am not smart enough to figure out how to PM...
    need 50 posts before you can PM

Thread Information