double chicken is offline Associate Member

HCG while trying to conceive

I am 33 y/o.
    I have had low T for 3 years now that I know of but probably more. I have been holding off of HRT until I impregnate my wife. We are currently trying to concieve.
    My latest blood work was two weeks ago:
    Testosterone 344 (249-836 ng/dl)
    Free Test 6.9 (8.7-25.1)

everything else was in range.
    I am tired of feeling like sh*t all the time. I have been taking macha root for a couple of weeks but that didnt make me feel any better however it did make my 'load' more substantial.

So my question is can I start using HCG now to make myself feel better while I wait for my wife to get pregnant and then switch to Testosterone then?

note* my sperm count and health are currently above average.

THE-DET-OAK is offline Banned
    although HCG will make you produce more testosterone , it is actually suppressive to your endogenous production. so if your going to take that chance, mine as well run test too.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    your wad is healthy and abundant already so have to agree with above ...maybe the T will bring out the missing link you need to make some little bushy haired lamas or whatever that is in your avy

Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    your wad is healthy and abundant already so have to agree with above ...maybe the T will bring out the missing link you need to make some little bushy haired lamas or whatever that is in your avy
    I guess I will wait until after she is pregnant to get started

QUESTION: Will I feel better immediately after starting TRT or does it take a few weeks?

few weeks, 6 to stabilize levels.

Quote Originally Posted by THE-DET-OAK View Post
    few weeks, 6 to stabilize levels.
    Balls...
    I was hoping for instantly but thanks for the response.

kelevra is offline Member
    it is different in all, but between 3 and 5 you should notice a difference.
    and i'm no Doc, but im sure HCG will not supress you like test. maybe i read that wrong and really have no clue, but i would wait as haveing little ones sounds important to you. Trying some HCG IMO would be much safer. In a side note. I have heard of guys cycling constatly for over 2 years and still getting a girlfriend pregos.
    good luck
    Last edited by kelevra; 05-11-2011 at 08:19 PM.

busterbrown is offline New Member
    When I went to endo, that was one of the first questions he had for me was if I still wanted more kids. If so, then we would go the HCG route, that it would help increase my test as well as sperm count. If I did not want kids then to just go straight to Test. Not sure if he is correct about increasing your sperm count but is interesting.

HCG will help increase SPERM count but not much at the doses we use. they usually prescribe like 5,000iu shots at a time for fertility. HMG would actually be better for SPERM, actually running them together.

HCG is suppressive due to the feedback loop, meaning your body will stop sending out LH. also now your not gonna make as much GNRH, and those receptors will down reg as well.

on top of that, estrogen is very suppressive as well, so make sure you have an AI with your HCG cause it aromatises.

pyramid is offline Junior Member
    My wife and I were trying to conceive for nearly 3 years, I also suffered from low T symptoms and labido problems. I began TRT September of 2010, Test cyp at100mg a week. then added HCG 500iu 2x a week, my wife was pregnant within 2 months. So for being on TRT with a renewed labido was better than going natural with a low sex drive.

Thread Information