calisun is offline New Member

Question 21 years old, low test -- treatment options?

I hope I'm posting this in the correct section, lol.

Quick overview of my issue/question:

I'm a 21 year old male, active lifter for the past 4-5 years now and athlete all of my life. Earlier this year I dieted down to about 9-10% bodyfat and had a sudden strength/energy drop and also a consistent sinus infection that took a few months to disappear. Since then I've had my testosterone levels tested twice since I still haven't felt right since the infection went away and both times have tested low (~250-270).

My doctor wants to boost my test, and has chosen to use hCG injections 3 times per week starting later this week to do so (unsure of the dose yet..haven't received the vials yet). He said he does not want to give me test injections because it will shut down my own test production and possibly make me infertile. However, reading around, it seems hCG can be hit or miss sometimes for boosting test. Another thing to note here is throughout my life I've had elevated liver enzymes and the cause hasn't been found yet (I'm not a non drinker/non smoker), so I don't want to place additional stress on my liver. I also have low cholesterol that hasn't been elevated via diet changes so far, which also seems to be a mystery to my doctor. My question is hCG the best option for boosting test in a younger male adult such as myself under these particular circumstances? Or are there better options?

Thanks
    Last edited by calisun; 06-29-2011 at 03:07 AM.

Noles12 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    At your age i would try whatever options are available before going on to TRT. Pretty much once you start the TRT it is for life.

Your body may just need a kickstart which HCG and other compounds, such as Nolva and Clomid, can do

lifter65 is offline Associate Member
    agree with noles... your doc is at least trying and didnt jump straight to injections or cream, which is good, if the hcg doesnt work try something else next

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    agree with above and to add...hcg isnt just a temporary boost it can possibly restart your natural production to more optimal levels...yes...give it a try..sounds like your doctor is willing to help...

bump for more O's and sorry no help with liver and cholesterol

calisun is offline New Member
    Thanks for the help guys.

Is hCG usually always paired with Nolva and/or Clomid? My doc just prescribed/recommended hCG only and warned that it could have an estrogenic effect or side effect. Should I request or discuss possibly using something else paired with it? I've read around a little bit and have read a couple sources that say to use something with hCG but I've also read contradictory info as well, some clarity would be great.

Lemonada8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    it can have estro sides due to increased test in ur body, also it does stimulate aromatazation also. if u are havin issues, ask to go on tamoxifen or aromasin . tamox is a SERM which will block E2 from binding to tissues, and aromasin is a aromatase inhibitor.

Thread Information