djsingsing is offline New Member

Anti-aging institute quote geez

I contacted a local anti-aging institute. This is the previous dr from Cyneginics(misspelled on purpose Anyway, quote was $2900 for the initial BW and full day eval. $500 per month after that to cover the HRT NOT including the BW. I am sure I could get everything dialed in perfectly with this...but geez, that seems a little nuts, at least for my budget.

I dont think there is any magic that these guys provide that I cannot dig around here and understand. And with the right coaxing to my dr, he will test all of the same blood levels that these guys would have.

I have another thread here where I am an andro-gel already..insurance covers , but I want to dial in the rest of my hormones.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    thanks

GotNoBlueMilk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    $2900 is more than my entire yearly bill for HRT through my clinic, including scripts.

djsingsing is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GotNoBlueMilk View Post
    $2900 is more than my entire yearly bill for HRT through my clinic, including scripts.
    Thanks, I guess that was really my question...is this the going rate for dr supervised HRT out there? you answered that question, its not. I guess the cyngenycs(ms) folks go for the major add campaigns with quite a bit of noise, obviously get results, and skim off the folks that can easily afford this sort of expense.

frawnz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Why not go to an endocrinologist? I pay only a couple hundred a year for my TRT thanks to my insurance.

lifeforce0019 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by djsingsing View Post
    I contacted a local anti-aging institute. This is the previous dr from Cyneginics(misspelled on purpose Anyway, quote was $2900 for the initial BW and full day eval. $500 per month after that to cover the HRT NOT including the BW. I am sure I could get everything dialed in perfectly with this...but geez, that seems a little nuts, at least for my budget.

I dont think there is any magic that these guys provide that I cannot dig around here and understand. And with the right coaxing to my dr, he will test all of the same blood levels that these guys would have.

I have another thread here where I am an andro-gel already..insurance covers , but I want to dial in the rest of my hormones.
    Does the monthly quote include hgh in addition to test-cyp, anastrazole, and hcg ? If so, it is not a bad deal. 1.5 iu hgh 5on/2off per month comes to around 30 iu per month at a 10x premium that comes to around three hundred clams!

pittbulldad is offline Associate Member
    I pay 100 every 10 weeks for test cyp.. i could pay 10 every 5 for enth if i want it.. i pay 15 bucks for 30 tabs of 1mg Arimidex and 200 for 20000iu of HCG ...

The test Enth and Arimidex is covered under my insurance the rest isn't .. doctors visit i've had 3 visits to get all the drugs settled at 25 a visit.. and then at last one he tells me he'll see me in 4 months..

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    The clinics are always more money. You are pretty much paying them for a script. They know why you are coming and what you want so they take advantage of it.

If you have a legitimate need for trt goto an endocrinologist.
    Hell my primary care dr gives me mine. There is no need for some fancy clinic unless you dont actually need hrt

The problem is, and we see it here time and time again; most GPs, Endos and Euros don't understand the correct TRT protocols and ongoing management. Additionally, most of those traditional Docs will follow lab ranges and not symptoms. So, it's a double whammy. If a guy presents with symptoms and is in the very low but normal range most of these traditional Docs won't do anything about it. Many of these traditional Docs want nothing to do with Hormones/Steroids due to the legal implications.

Restorative and Anti-Aging clinics don't operate this way for all the reasons we know. So, traditional insurance, won't cover the scenario above. Or, men do get coverage but get medical treatment that does not follow the correct TRT protocols so the guy ends up in a worse place.

Clinics, for the most part, get it. They are ones on the cutting edge. Hell, Dr. John Crilser is a clinic and does not accept insurance.

If a man is not clinically diagnosed with a hormone disorder but wants help to restore his optimal levels he will need to pay for it. The clinic the OP discusses is probably the one most would recognize and I think you'd get your monies worth. But the bigger question is; do you need all of that? And I say no, my entire TRT protocol with BW is less then $3,000 a year. Hell, I eat out more then that; so in perspective it's a great deal and a way to manage my health and well being beyond my dreams.

BTW, the game changer in monthly prices is HGH. It's freaking expensive. If you don't need it then go on a traditional TRT protocol and enjoy the results!

Fred40 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pittbulldad View Post
    I pay 100 every 10 weeks for test cyp.. i could pay 10 every 5 for enth if i want it.. i pay 15 bucks for 30 tabs of 1mg Arimidex and 200 for 20000iu of HCG ...

The test Enth and Arimidex is covered under my insurance the rest isn't .. doctors visit i've had 3 visits to get all the drugs settled at 25 a visit.. and then at last one he tells me he'll see me in 4 months..
    I pay less than half of that for my Test Cyp.......of course our dosages may be way different. I'm currently on 100ml EW.

Quote Originally Posted by gdevine View Post
    The problem is, and we see it here time and time again; most GPs, Endos and Euros don't understand the correct TRT protocols and ongoing management. Additionally, most of those traditional Docs will follow lab ranges and not symptoms. So, it's a double whammy. If a guy presents with symptoms and is in the very low but normal range most of these traditional Docs won't do anything about it. Many of these traditional Docs want nothing to do with Hormones/Steroids due to the legal implications.

Restorative and Anti-Aging clinics don't operate this way for all the reasons we know. So, traditional insurance, won't cover the scenario above. Or, men do get coverage but get medical treatment that does not follow the correct TRT protocols so the guy ends up in a worse place.

Clinics, for the most part, get it. They are ones on the cutting edge. Hell, Dr. John Crilser is a clinic and does not accept insurance.

If a man is not clinically diagnosed with a hormone disorder but wants help to restore his optimal levels he will need to pay for it. The clinic the OP discusses is probably the one most would recognize and I think you'd get your monies worth. But the bigger question is; do you need all of that? And I say no, my entire TRT protocol with BW is less then $3,000 a year. Hell, I eat out more then that; so in perspective it's a great deal and a way to manage my health and well being beyond my dreams.

BTW, the game changer in monthly prices is HGH. It's freaking expensive. If you don't need it then go on a traditional TRT protocol and enjoy the results!
    what do you think the criteria is for needing hgh or at least how hgh making an even synergistic protocol out of ones trt (stallone syndrome)

JD250 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I wasn't gonna post but DAMN!! that DOESNT include hgh.......it's so far out of line!!!! OP says 2900 for BW and 500 a month after that.... many clinics will get you set up for MUCH less on BW ( $200) and much less than 500 a month. K-rist!! Do these guys sell used cars in the back?

Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    what do you think the criteria is for needing hgh or at least how hgh making an even synergistic protocol out of ones trt (stallone syndrome)
    IGF-1 assay will tell you if HGH would be beneficial. If it's low, and low enough to present symptoms, it combined with a Test protocol is nothing short of a fantastic protocol combo.

Thankfully for me, my IGF-1 assay is "high" so no need for me. My Doc said I must have been "blessed"...go figure.

i thought the prices would be going down as it got more popular not the opposite...discourgaing

You cant blame dr's for treating labs and not symptoms. Granted if your labs are boarder line there should be some kind of discretion on the dr's part. But they shouldn't just write scripts cause YOU say you have a symptom. (not saying you personally but you know the system would be abused)
    Most men i honestly feel don't need a laundry list of hrt drugs to get ride of symptoms or be normal if they have symptoms
    I equate a lot of the hrt clinics to the pain management clinics of the day. You are going there to get what you want legally. They are charging you a premium for scripts.
    I know people that used to go to those clinics for legal pain meds and when they wanted to steroids went to the anti-aging clinics.

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    You cant blame dr's for treating labs and not symptoms. .
    Sure you can, they should listen to the patient, abuse of the system be damned, it's not their job to control it nor is it our concern that someone will find a way to abuse it. Those lab #s are a guideline but these docs are pretending to know something that totally escapes them and men are paying the ultimate price with their health, sorry, no sympathy from me towards these ignorant docs, I've been there and suffered from their arrogant/ignorant advice.

Quote Originally Posted by JD250 View Post
    Sure you can, they should listen to the patient, abuse of the system be damned, it's not their job to control it nor is it our concern that someone will find a way to abuse it. Those lab #s are a guideline but these docs are pretending to know something that totally escapes them and men are paying the ultimate price with their health, sorry, no sympathy from me towards these ignorant docs, I've been there and suffered from their arrogant/ignorant advice.
    Well technically it is their job to control it. That is why everything isnt just OTC.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    i thought the prices would be going down as it got more popular not the opposite...discourgaing
    They are cashing in while they still can because they know once this becomes mainstream? Time to stockpile
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

im83931 is offline Senior Member
    The clinic you are referencing is a boutique clinic. They typically cater to executives. Thats why they are so expensive. I looked into their program once and they spend an entire day with you as well as giving you a ton of one on one time with the docs. Its not really a rip off, its just meant to cater to a different clientele. They work with you on diet and tweaking your entire hormone panel.

Well technically it is their job to control it. That is why everything isnt just OTC.

Thats the job of the FDA and the DEA, Docs are suppose to help their patients, yes they should do it within the law but THEY are not law enforcement. I don't believe for one minute that it's OK to make innocent people suffer just because someone is abusing the system.

You cant blame dr's for treating labs and not symptoms. Granted if your labs are boarder line there should be some kind of discretion on the dr's part. But they shouldn't just write scripts cause YOU say you have a symptom. (not saying you personally but you know the system would be abused)
    Most men i honestly feel don't need a laundry list of hrt drugs to get ride of symptoms or be normal if they have symptoms
    I equate a lot of the hrt clinics to the pain management clinics of the day. You are going there to get what you want legally. They are charging you a premium for scripts.
    I know people that used to go to those clinics for legal pain meds and when they wanted to steroids went to the anti-aging clinics.
    I thought a lot about your post and can say that abuse happens in all industries; just look at the subprime mess. Are there HRT clinics taking advantage of the market? Yes. But I believe there are far more legit clinics then there are those that abuse. As stated here, once TRT becomes more main stream, and it will, the abuse will even be further suppressed.

I do blame Docs for not treating symptoms. My wife had her thyroid tested and her Doc asked why; she replied she had symptoms. He tested for TSH only and her assay came back 3.2 and within the normal range. But, anyone here who understands the basics of thyroid labs knows that the 3.2 is a problem and it will present unpleasant symptoms in addition to putting my wife at risk for future cardiovascular disease.

He didn't treat and she still feels crapy and tired all the time as he wasn't any help to her...what ever happened to "Do no harm"?

I'm not for one way or the other. Trust me i have my own battles with Doctors. I walked out of a neurologist office last week because during the consult i knew more about what i had then he did. I wrote a letter the next day and faxed it to the neurologist and the doctor that refereed him to me. Pretty much saying my opinion and that i wanted my $ back for the consult. i had a refund by the end of the day.

Back to the point. Where is the cut off for treating numbers or symptoms. If the numbers are border line 300-400 yes it very plausible the patient may have symptoms and can benefit from meds. But what about the next guy that say he has symptoms and his numbers are 550 or 750. when are you treating symptoms or just handing out scripts?

[QUOTE=gixxerboy1;5720570]I'm not for one way or the other. Trust me i have my own battles with Doctors. I walked out of a neurologist office last week because during the consult i knew more about what i had then he did. I wrote a letter the next day and faxed it to the neurologist and the doctor that refereed him to me. Pretty much saying my opinion and that i wanted my $ back for the consult. i had a refund by the end of the day.

Back to the point. Where is the cut off for treating numbers or symptoms. If the numbers are border line 300-400 yes it very plausible the patient may have symptoms and can benefit from meds. But what about the next guy that say he has symptoms and his numbers are 550 or 750. when are you treating symptoms or just handing out scripts?[/QUOTE]

Excellent point. In my opinion the line is drawn by the legit Doc and not the other. That's where the difference is...

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    I'm not for one way or the other. Trust me i have my own battles with Doctors. I walked out of a neurologist office last week because during the consult i knew more about what i had then he did. I wrote a letter the next day and faxed it to the neurologist and the doctor that refereed him to me. Pretty much saying my opinion and that i wanted my $ back for the consult. i had a refund by the end of the day.

Back to the point. Where is the cut off for treating numbers or symptoms. If the numbers are border line 300-400 yes it very plausible the patient may have symptoms and can benefit from meds. But what about the next guy that say he has symptoms and his numbers are 550 or 750. when are you treating symptoms or just handing out scripts?
    Did the same thing with a TOP Medical Center Endo the other day as my temper got the best of me. Maybe I will write a letter however since referred to me by someone I might need in the future, I might let this one pass. Man it was frustrating.

So bottom line? gotta shop around...
    Last edited by SlimmerMe; 08-16-2011 at 09:27 AM.
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

IGF-1 assay will tell you if HGH would be beneficial. If it's low, and low enough to present symptoms, it combined with a Test protocol is nothing short of a fantastic protocol combo.

Thankfully for me, my IGF-1 assay is "high" so no need for me. My Doc said I must have been "blessed"...go figure.
    just saw this post...dont know how i missed it...i believe my igf was 222 kind of 3/4 up on the range....for some reason i think adding gh to my trt protocol would do wonders hope to know someday

just saw this post...dont know how i missed it...i believe my igf was 222 kind of 3/4 up on the range....for some reason i think adding gh to my trt protocol would do wonders hope to know someday
    My TRT Doc swears by it Jman...where it's warranted. My IFG-1 is 299 ng/ml and the lab range is 87 - 238 ng/ml. No need for HGH (and thank God cause it costs $$$).

All I hear are wonderful things about it when dosage and protocol is correct. A real life saver for some men on TRT and HGH. I'd love to hear from guys here who are on both and their experiences.

My TRT Doc swears by it Jman...where it's warranted. My IFG-1 is 299 ng/ml and the lab range is 87 - 238 ng/ml. No need for HGH (and thank God cause it costs $$$).

All I hear are wonderful things about it when dosage and protocol is correct. A real life saver for some men on TRT and HGH. I'd love to hear from guys here who are on both and their experiences.
    i dont think i've ever seen a igf number that high on all the bloodworks i've seen posted here...yeh....definitely be happy.....so its a complete waste to add in gh when your more than sufficient physiologically already? almost like a dude doing 200mg of test when his range is 800ng/dl already? iyo?

Thread Information