The Wizard is offline New Member

High Creatinine & BUN on Blood Test

Anyone have any input as to why these numbers are elevated?

Any link to testosterone usage?

Creatinine 1.33 mg/dl range : .7-1.2
    BUN 20 mg/dl range : 7-20

Thanks

amanda_alben is offline New Member

from amanda

Without variants....

HitIt is offline Knowledgeable Member
    both of mine were high when i was supplementing with creatine monohydrate and eating a high protein diet...

Could be early signs of kidney impairment. Both are usually ordered together to see how the kidneys are functioning and high levels can suggest a problem.

As HitIt states, high levels of protein intake can cause the same thing as kidneys have a hard time with excessive protein breakdown = catabolism.

Any symptoms? Fatigue, lack of concentration, shitty appetite, trouble sleeping? Pee colored like tea?

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gdevine View Post
    Could be early signs of kidney impairment. Both are usually ordered together to see how the kidneys are functioning and high levels can suggest a problem.

As HitIt states, high levels of protein intake can cause the same thing as kidneys have a hard time with excessive protein breakdown = catabolism.

Any symptoms? Fatigue, lack of concentration, shitty appetite, trouble sleeping? Pee colored like tea?
    In addition to these symtoms are you retaining water?
    Do you take nsaids regularly? (naproxen , ibuprofen , aspirin )
    Several years ago i ended up in the hospital - the warning signs were primarily the elevated levels you mentioned and extreme water retention in my legs. The culprit was a combo of things but primarily regular use of nsaids which led to a condition called rhabdomyolosis (rapid breakdown of skeletal muscle) and I was in the beginiing statges of renal failure as a result.
    Just an idea.....

The Wizard is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gdevine View Post

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    In addition to these symtoms are you retaining water?
    Do you take nsaids regularly? (naproxen , ibuprofen , aspirin )
    Several years ago i ended up in the hospital - the warning signs were primarily the elevated levels you mentioned and extreme water retention in my legs. The culprit was a combo of things but primarily regular use of nsaids which led to a condition called rhabdomyolosis (rapid breakdown of skeletal muscle) and I was in the beginiing statges of renal failure as a result.
    Just an idea.....
    I eat 200-240g of protein a day. I am 185 12-14% b/f. No creatine or red meat consumption

I take .5mg eod of Arimidex with my 200mg of test per week for HRT. I dont take any other medicines.

When I researched kidney function and I do have other symptoms however I have also read that "people with higher amounts of muscle" will have high creatinine or high eGFR. Also my eGFR is above the 60. I dont have high BP ever.

http://www.nwkidney.org/kidneyInform...sease/gfr.html

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    This is totally going by memory BUT if I remeber right I once read a study that showed test has no adverse impact on BUN or creatinine but does on GFR.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wizard View Post
    I eat 200-240g of protein a day. I am 185 12-14% b/f. No creatine or red meat consumption

I take .5mg eod of Arimidex with my 200mg of test per week for HRT. I dont take any other medicines.

When I researched kidney function and I do have other symptoms however I have also read that "people with higher amounts of muscle" will have high creatinine or high eGFR. Also my eGFR is above the 60. I dont have high BP ever.

http://www.nwkidney.org/kidneyInform...sease/gfr.html
    Look your levels are high normal...could be that's just how you roll. Just keep an eye on it and watch protein intake is what I'd do.

BTW, Jimmy is correct.

Thread Information