never-enough is offline New Member

Natural testosterone...

I know that typically for natural test to kick in, most do 10 - 14 weeks on with 10 - 14 weeks off + PCT. My question is, if you were to start TRT or HRT, and a year or two down the road could no longer afford to continue or something life altering happened, would you be able to ween off of the testosterone supplements and still get your natural test to kick in, or would your bodies natural production permanently have shut down? Sorry if this is a stupid question.

xelnaga is offline Banned
    Not a stupid question. No one will be able to offer you an exact answer. After a year or two of testosterone repla***ent it will be difficult to get your own system to produce again. TRT is for life.

Is HRT and TRT, both considered for life? Just worried of jumping into this and deciding a year or two down the road that may not be for me, and then there is no way out. Not sure if you can maybe do the hrt 12 on 12 off just to try and maintain natural production capabilities.

xelnaga is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by never-enough View Post
    Is HRT and TRT, both considered for life? Just worried of jumping into this and deciding a year or two down the road that may not be for me, and then there is no way out. Not sure if you can maybe do the hrt 12 on 12 off just to try and maintain natural production capabilities.
    Yes for life. Going 12 on 12 off is more like running cycles. It works as long as your natural test is actually recovering.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xelnaga View Post
    Not a stupid question. No one will be able to offer you an exact answer. After a year or two of testosterone repla***ent it will be difficult to get your own system to produce again. TRT is for life.
    Agree. by not allowing your testes to produce testosterone , there will begin some type of atrophy process, and no guarantee of recovery. In fact, after a year or two, I would probably assume you will NOT recover, and just stick with trt.

This is why such a big decision!

If you think (hindsight now) that you will not be able to continue Trt for life, then trt is not for you.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    it may produce but not well

is this part of your decision to go on trt?

fit2bOld is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    I see from previous threads some prior AAS use, agree with the guys this is pretty much a long term commitment. Have you had some blood work done recently and how are you currently feeling?

this is the deciding factor of trt. I haven't had blood work done for about a year now. I have been putting it off knowing I'd have to get that done along with a physical if I were to start up here.

fit2bOld is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    New blood work while your natty would be a great place to start. Once you get the results you could post them for the guys to check out and give you some better advice.
    Wish well on the new job, lot of people hurtin out there.

Brohim is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by never-enough View Post

If your balls are still producing test and you shut them off for a year technically if you do a restart they should still produce test. There is no scientific evidence as far as I know showing that shutting off your natural production for an extended period of time will render your testes unable to restart it's own production.

But, most guys that go on trt have trouble with their natural production. ie they have low levels of endo production so they could recover but it would revert back to the low level's.

There have been guys who have done heavy (steriod ) cycles for up to 18 months and have done a restart and recovered their natural production.

With that said, there is always a risk that you won't be able to restart or that you will not produce as high of levels as you did before therapy. We aren't far enough into this game to tell yet.

Vettester is offline Banned
    Agree with the others here. The odds of getting your HPT axis to function properly after being shutdown that long would be slim at best. However, your testes would probably be functional, they would just be lacking the signal to produce from the brain. HCG mono-therapy could be a backup option if indeed you ran into a brick wall with getting exogenous testosterone . I would integrate some HCG into your protocol, regardless of what happens in 2 or 3 years, which will keep your testes producing some endogenous testosterone all the time.

Vette nailed it as usual. If you add in hCG when you start-up your TRT protocol your testes will continue to function making a re-start a much better possibility.

It's just one more reason why hCG needs to be part of an overall TRT protocol.

crawdaddy is offline Associate Member
    you stated you havent had blood work in over a year, when you did last have blood work, what did your numbers look like? im just curious your overall reason for TRT/HRT at age 30?
    Im 34 and my free test in the low 200's. Im going to start TRT next year
    good luck

Thread Information