dfwo is offline Associate Member

Is there an ideal E2 range for men?

Like a general range that seems to put people in the best level. Or is it just different for every guy?

Vettester is offline Banned
    Every guy has an opinion, but I seem to be at my best when it's between 25-to-35 ... My sex drive is always best in the middle or upper part of that range. I don't dwell on it too much ... Just run a reliable small amount of AI throughout my protocol and it usually is in the range mentioned above.

ecdysone is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Optimal estrogen (E1 & E2) levels has to be one of the most complex issues in TRT. Most of the available studies were done on untreated men (not taking testosterone ), so all of them have to be “adjusted” for the fact the therapy will, in most cases, oppose the estrogenic effects.

On the one hand, you don’t want E2 too low since that will suppress libido, but much more importantly, eventually lead to bone density problems. E2 also seems to have a function in brain metabolism.

On the other, too high could potentially also lower libido, but that’s probably not a problem for individuals supplementing with higher amounts of test. For them, gyno is the issue of concern.

At what levels this all occurs seems to be highly individual, but E2 in the 30’s is associated with good bone growth, so probably don’t want to drop much below that. A “safe” upper end is less well defined since most of the negative attributes are overcome with higher test levels.

Contrary to popular opinion, it’s probably better to have it a little too high than driving it to single digits. Again, each person seems to react differently.
    Last edited by ecdysone; 12-14-2011 at 11:34 AM.

I'm just wondering if I even need to add an AI if my E2 is at 38

Quote Originally Posted by dfwo View Post
    I'm just wondering if I even need to add an AI if my E2 is at 38
    Need to know more to answer that question?

Are you on a TRT protocol?

If so, please describe.

150mg a wk of test cyp

No AI or HCG at the moment

Total test is at 350, E2 is at 38

How long have you been on this protocol? Any BW history for E2 or just this one?

Again, general of thumb as it pertains to Test and AI ratios when a man first starts out: 100 mg of Test to 1 mg of AI

So, if my Doc was managing your care, you'd be on 1.5 mg of Anastrozole weekly. You present slightly elevated E2 levels and depending on how long you've been on your protocol this likely won't come down just go up.

Remember, higher E2 levels is turning the Testosterone you're putting in into E2 doing you no good and possibly harm.

Read the Sticky at the top of the forum on why you need hCG .

BTW, at 150 mg of test Cyp your Total Test should be higher; 350 is clinically low if you look at Lab Corps reference ranges.

ecdysone is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I think you have worse problems than worrying about your E2.

Your Total test needs to be at least double, so your dose has to be increased significantly.

At that point, E2 will probably become a problem unless you are on full TRT (AI + HCG ).

Quote Originally Posted by ecdysone View Post
    I think you have worse problems than worrying about your E2.
    I understand, but I'm not necessarily worrying about my E2. I was mostly wondering if there's a specific range that seems to be optimal.

Thread Information