Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 40 of 40
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 61er

Thread: Needle size for Test Cypionate

  1. #1
    brazilian86's Avatar
    brazilian86 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    215

    Needle size for Test Cypionate

    I'm currently using 23g 1 1/2" on glutes(butt) but it hurts lately. I'm thinking of switching to 23g 1 inch for my testosterone cypionate in
    sesame oil.
    Anyone else using this size for glutes?
    I'm sure it would hurt less, I think the one I'm using currently goes too deep that's why It hurts...

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Mario L is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    224
    I used that size on my glutes. I just really pushed it in all the way so it dents in.

  3. #3
    Vettester is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Californication
    Posts
    5,657
    1-1/2" length on the glutes. 25g work great for me, but the more rugged ones here like the bigger pins. You could go 25g x 1" in the quads, which is another option.

    If sticking with the glutes, keep it to the upper/outer area. Not sure where you're pinning, but hitting the right spot will make a big difference in the pain factor.

  4. #4
    Mario L is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    224
    Depends on amount of butt fat also.

  5. #5
    sirupate is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    791
    I never pinned glutes, but used 25ga. 1" on quads and that worked fine for me. I have also pinned 23ga. 1" on quads....a bit more pain factor, but again...tolerable. Have some 21ga. and 18ga. at home that I have not used to pin with...only draw with. Those kinda scare me just to look at them.

  6. #6
    J DIESEL3 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    370
    I also use 23g inch half and have no pain at all.I just picked up some 25g 1 inch to try on quads as vetteman suggested.
    I do notice more pain if you don't stay in that upper outer area.I like to use the 23g for glutes because it is very difficult for me to twist for the shot and 25g just take more time to inject.

  7. #7
    ghettoboyd's Avatar
    ghettoboyd is online now Officially Banned Smarta$$
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    dont ask for a source thx
    Posts
    6,717
    Quote Originally Posted by J DIESEL3 View Post
    I also use 23g inch half and have no pain at all.I just picked up some 25g 1 inch to try on quads as vetteman suggested.
    I do notice more pain if you don't stay in that upper outer area.I like to use the 23g for glutes because it is very difficult for me to twist for the shot and 25g just take more time to inject.
    thats why i like 25g cus it takes longer to inject...fyi the quicker you inject the oil the more post injection pain you will have cus it bruises the muscle internally cus of the force of the oil being jammed in....

  8. #8
    J DIESEL3 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    370
    I agree with you ghetto that if you jam or force anything when injecting you can cause some muscle or tissue damage..I would never suggest that... I was just sayin that the little bit of extra time causes me more pain from 2 things.One I move around more and tear up the muscle. And also the twisting for the shot really screws with my back at times.

  9. #9
    zaggahamma's Avatar
    zaggahamma is online now Mr. Moderation
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    16,247
    23 1 1/2 glutes is all i've ever used

    agree when for some reason i go slower i sometimes "FEEL" it more...but really couldnt call it "PAIN"

  10. #10
    --->>405<<---'s Avatar
    --->>405<<--- is offline MONITOR ~Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,647
    i use 25 1.5" for glutes, 25g 1" for quad.. but the one that never hurts before or after thus far is 25g 5/8" in the delt.. the only reason i dont use that every time is cuz my wife has to do the injection and i like injecting myself..i know im sick

  11. #11
    Vettester is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Californication
    Posts
    5,657
    Quote Originally Posted by Mario L View Post
    Depends on amount of butt fat also.
    No, it doesn't have anything to do with that. You're pinning just about 3 inches over and down from the hip bone, not any lower, which can start getting into sciatic nerve country.

  12. #12
    bass's Avatar
    bass is offline HRT Specialist ~ Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In Southern Commiefornia
    Posts
    9,023
    i used 23 g. x 1.5" before with no problems, however in the beginning i got sore due to virgin injection site. now i do SQ injections with 28 g. x 1/2" insulin syringe, works great.

  13. #13
    ghettoboyd's Avatar
    ghettoboyd is online now Officially Banned Smarta$$
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    dont ask for a source thx
    Posts
    6,717
    Quote Originally Posted by J DIESEL3 View Post
    I agree with you ghetto that if you jam or force anything when injecting you can cause some muscle or tissue damage..I would never suggest that... I was just sayin that the little bit of extra time causes me more pain from 2 things.One I move around more and tear up the muscle. And also the twisting for the shot really screws with my back at times.
    understandable bro to each there own...respect...

  14. #14
    ghettoboyd's Avatar
    ghettoboyd is online now Officially Banned Smarta$$
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    dont ask for a source thx
    Posts
    6,717
    Quote Originally Posted by bass View Post
    i used 23 g. x 1.5" before with no problems, however in the beginning i got sore due to virgin injection site. now i do SQ injections with 28 g. x 1/2" insulin syringe, works great.
    not to hyjack but how do you feel those work as opposed to inter-muscular just the same?...better?...

  15. #15
    Fred40's Avatar
    Fred40 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    252
    I still can't figure out why people want to twist and contort to shoot in their glutes? It's got to be harder to aspirate ? Plus I would think the needle is going to wiggle around more.

    I have put every shot into my quads so far. 25 gauge (or even 27) works great. Easy to aspirate and no wiggling around.

  16. #16
    bass's Avatar
    bass is offline HRT Specialist ~ Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In Southern Commiefornia
    Posts
    9,023
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettoboyd View Post
    not to hyjack but how do you feel those work as opposed to inter-muscular just the same?...better?...
    can't really say if its better one way or the other, but based on my blood work its the same. the only difference is no pain, very easy to inject and no need to aspirate ! BTW, GDevine does SQ as well, and his latest blood work was amazingly perfect!

  17. #17
    --->>405<<---'s Avatar
    --->>405<<--- is offline MONITOR ~Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,647
    Quote Originally Posted by bass View Post
    can't really say if its better one way or the other, but based on my blood work its the same. the only difference is no pain, very easy to inject and no need to aspirate! BTW, GDevine does SQ as well, and his latest blood work was amazingly perfect!
    where do u shoot? same location as hcg in the same manner just with a difft compound(test vs hcg)?? do u have to massage the area after? i heard it leaves a "bump" ..??

  18. #18
    bass's Avatar
    bass is offline HRT Specialist ~ Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In Southern Commiefornia
    Posts
    9,023
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    where do u shoot? same location as hcg in the same manner just with a difft compound(test vs hcg)?? do u have to massage the area after? i heard it leaves a "bump" ..??
    yes, yes and yes! but the bump (hard lump) will go away the next day, sometimes it doesn't even occur.

  19. #19
    zaggahamma's Avatar
    zaggahamma is online now Mr. Moderation
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    16,247
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred40 View Post
    I still can't figure out why people want to twist and contort to shoot in their glutes? It's got to be harder to aspirate ? Plus I would think the needle is going to wiggle around more.

    I have put every shot into my quads so far. 25 gauge (or even 27) works great. Easy to aspirate and no wiggling around.
    mirror involved..slight twist no contorting easy to aspirate guess i got good peripheral vision

  20. #20
    GotNoBlueMilk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    USA, In the Tundra
    Posts
    1,055
    I ran out of 27g needles and have been using 31g for subq. Tad bit slow on the draw, harder to push, but it works just fine in a pinch. Funny thing is when I draw it comes into the syringe as foam. But when I compress the plunger the foam all goes away and it's solid oil w/o bubbles.

  21. #21
    warchild's Avatar
    warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pescadero State Hospital
    Posts
    5,755
    Quote Originally Posted by bass View Post
    i used 23 g. x 1.5" before with no problems, however in the beginning i got sore due to virgin injection site. now i do SQ injections with 28 g. x 1/2" insulin syringe, works great.
    for test? never heard of that ill try it tho

  22. #22
    bass's Avatar
    bass is offline HRT Specialist ~ Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In Southern Commiefornia
    Posts
    9,023
    Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    for test? never heard of that ill try it tho
    yes but keep in mind this is for 60-100 mgs dose, anything more it may cause some soreness, but if you need to do 200 ew then simply split the dose. search this section, you'll find great threads regarding SQ injections!

  23. #23
    warchild's Avatar
    warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pescadero State Hospital
    Posts
    5,755
    cool cus im starting to feel like a pin cushion. and always hate doing glutes cus the sciatic nerve and i wont do my quads cus ive hit nerves before. my gf injects my delts

  24. #24
    warchild's Avatar
    warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pescadero State Hospital
    Posts
    5,755
    are you doing your sq injections in you abd area?

  25. #25
    bass's Avatar
    bass is offline HRT Specialist ~ Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In Southern Commiefornia
    Posts
    9,023
    Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    are you doing your sq injections in you abd area?
    yes just like you do hCG .

  26. #26
    warchild's Avatar
    warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pescadero State Hospital
    Posts
    5,755
    Quote Originally Posted by bass View Post
    yes just like you do hCG.
    oh cool ill try this

  27. #27
    warchild's Avatar
    warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pescadero State Hospital
    Posts
    5,755
    also im guessing you dont withdraw the test with a 28g, but that you do with a different syringe with a smaller bigger syringe and shoot it into the 28g syringe. correct?

  28. #28
    bass's Avatar
    bass is offline HRT Specialist ~ Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In Southern Commiefornia
    Posts
    9,023
    Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    also im guessing you dont withdraw the test with a 28g, but that you do with a different syringe with a smaller bigger syringe and shoot it into the 28g syringe. correct?
    unfortunately we draw with the same syringe/needle, this is the only draw back, it takes 2-3 minutes to draw 60 mgs, but shooting goes really quick.

  29. #29
    warchild's Avatar
    warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pescadero State Hospital
    Posts
    5,755
    Quote Originally Posted by bass View Post
    unfortunately we draw with the same syringe/needle, this is the only draw back, it takes 2-3 minutes to draw 60 mgs, but shooting goes really quick.
    jeez i would have thought it would take longer

  30. #30
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ VET ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    17,433
    Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    cool cus im starting to feel like a pin cushion. and always hate doing glutes cus the sciatic nerve and i wont do my quads cus ive hit nerves before. my gf injects my delts
    What size are you pinning shoulders with?

  31. #31
    warchild's Avatar
    warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pescadero State Hospital
    Posts
    5,755
    23x1"

  32. #32
    Meateater's Avatar
    Meateater is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    20
    23x1" for delts? I use that size for glutes. I was thinking about trying 25x1" or 25x5\8" for delts. I've done only glute shots for the past 8 years (TRT). Actually, I did a quad shot ONCE....never again lol.

  33. #33
    old cajun is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    la.
    Posts
    55
    25 ga. 1 inch in the quad works for me

  34. #34
    Thc Sargon is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    23
    23 gauge 1.5 in glutes for me.

  35. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Blighty
    Posts
    14,223
    This is a 4 year old thread you realise!?!?

  36. #36
    mrdth is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    9
    25 5/8 upper/outer quads 2x wk has worked best for me. Warm up test in water massage after, leave small air gap to burp no waste no pain. Don't forget to aspirate !

  37. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Blighty
    Posts
    14,223
    Seriously, look at dates before you post ffs.

  38. #38
    falcon954's Avatar
    falcon954 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    phoenix AZ
    Posts
    30
    27 gauge

  39. #39
    61er's Avatar
    61er is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    East coast
    Posts
    135
    Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    Seriously, look at dates before you post ffs.
    I don't see any harm in relaunching a thread like this. The information isn't dated. I read the entire thread and didn't notice until you pointed it out. I think this practice should actually be encouraged (with the caveat about information being up-to-date). Why start over?
    Meateater likes this.

  40. #40
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Blighty
    Posts
    14,223
    N
    Quote Originally Posted by 61er View Post
    I don't see any harm in relaunching a thread like this. The information isn't dated. I read the entire thread and didn't notice until you pointed it out. I think this practice should actually be encouraged (with the caveat about information being up-to-date). Why start over?
    Because nobody actually re-asked the question, just a random reply.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •