ColdSore is offline Banned

well fukk...almost got myself in some trouble last night...

took 7ius' of humalog IM...waited 5 minutes drank about 60grams of dex ( about 8.5-9grams per iu) and 10 grams of creatine....then waited another 15 minutes and had 80grams of whey...

Came home...and as i was preparing my dinner i started feeling dizzy and shaky...not to bad, but i could tell...so i ate 3 glucose tabs and went on...well....as i was geting ready to make my rice i started sweating real bad and knew i was hypo...and **** it hit fast...(this is all within a 3-4 minute range)...so i had princess come in and make me some gatorade, and i munched down on a bannana and had 4 more glucose tbas, and then drank 1 cup of gatorade....sweating got worse and worse, i was shaky, got chill bumps...kinda scary....

but then within like 3 minutes i snapped right out of it, and felt perfectly fine...except princess was pissed thinking i almost killed myself...

Heres my question...could it have been that i waited to long for my second meal with carbs???...i am pretty sure the clock at the gym is off from my home clock, and it always takes me 10 or 15 minutes to completely fix the meal....so i could be close to 20 minutes off now that i think about it...

what the hell could i change???...

angelxterminator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdStone
    took 7ius' of humalog IM...waited 5 minutes drank about 60grams of dex ( about 8.5-9grams per iu) and 10 grams of creatine....then waited another 15 minutes and had 80grams of whey...

Came home...and as i was preparing my dinner i started feeling dizzy and shaky...not to bad, but i could tell...so i ate 3 glucose tabs and went on...well....as i was geting ready to make my rice i started sweating real bad and knew i was hypo...and **** it hit fast...(this is all within a 3-4 minute range)...so i had princess come in and make me some gatorade, and i munched down on a bannana and had 4 more glucose tbas, and then drank 1 cup of gatorade....sweating got worse and worse, i was shaky, got chill bumps...kinda scary....

but then within like 3 minutes i snapped right out of it, and felt perfectly fine...except princess was pissed thinking i almost killed myself...

Heres my question...could it have been that i waited to long for my second meal with carbs???...i am pretty sure the clock at the gym is off from my home clock, and it always takes me 10 or 15 minutes to completely fix the meal....so i could be close to 20 minutes off now that i think about it...

what the hell could i change???...
    I think maybe you should not wait the first 5 minutes after injection to ingest your dex... It is of no benefit at all to wait, so why risk it? Take your shot and down that **** 1 minute later.

Have you monitored your BG levels at all before starting slin? Or after? that could play a key role in determining the problem!

Quote Originally Posted by angelxterminator
    I think maybe you should not wait the first 5 minutes after injection to ingest your dex... It is of no benefit at all to wait, so why risk it? Take your shot and down that **** 1 minute later.

Have you monitored your BG levels at all before starting slin? Or after? that could play a key role in determining the problem!
    ive got a moniter...and i dint get around to monitering it before i started ( i know i should have...) and i didnt moniter them last night b/c that was the last thing on my mind

Quote Originally Posted by ColdStone
    ive got a moniter...and i dint get around to monitering it before i started ( i know i should have...) and i didnt moniter them last night b/c that was the last thing on my mind
    certainly understandable. if i was going hypo i wouldn't give a fvck about pricking my finger, i'd wanna get some glucose in quick!... What have you previous readings been? when were you taking them, before and after the slin?

what do u normally have for the second meal?? aka u take ur slin, then creatine and dex with whey,,,, what next?

rambo is offline The Lord God
    Dextrose still should be taken in 5 mins after inject, to get the carbs shuttled at the correct time. He had problems w/going hypo in the SECOND meal, not the first. Chances are you just pushed a little too long between meals. There are a lot of other external factors that affect BG as well, (heat, motion, etc.). Some days you might shoot IM, and feel no hypo for 2 hrs after inject with no PPWO meal. It's a guessing game, but keeping time as accurate as possible is very important.

Quote Originally Posted by rambo
    Dextrose still should be taken in 5 mins after inject, to get the carbs shuttled at the correct time. He had problems w/going hypo in the SECOND meal, not the first. Chances are you just pushed a little too long between meals. There are a lot of other external factors that affect BG as well, (heat, motion, etc.). Some days you might shoot IM, and feel no hypo for 2 hrs after inject with no PPWO meal. It's a guessing game, but keeping time as accurate as possible is very important.
    my mistake...i misunderstood that... i thought he was referring to having earlier hypo symptoms, not during the 2nd meal... sorry cs

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    no need to wait 5 min after shot,if you are shooting IM then it is active within 1 or 2 min and spikes about 1 hr after,this is when you got the first signs of hypo.i have noticed if i do anything more then drive home from the gym after my shot,i start to sweat and shake.i have to eat immediately when i get home approx 45 min after shot.i used to get a shower 1st but i always felt shaky and sweaty after showering.and i realized even just the act of showering i was burning to much energy(carbs).so basically just keep your activity to a minimum between your pwo meal and your ppwo meal.

Bigun is offline Senior Member
    By the way I'm glad to hear your OK though bro! Even with precautions I am always slightly nervous with my slin use. I assume your carrying glucose tablets with you wherever you go as I see you took some?

Advice to all those considering insulin use......do what Coldstone did and tell someone who is around you a lot what your if you can, it maybe difficult but is potentially lifesaving!

ttuPrincess Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigun
    By the way I'm glad to hear your OK though bro! Even with precautions I am always slightly nervous with my slin use. I assume your carrying glucose tablets with you wherever you go as I see you took some?

Advice to all those considering insulin use......do what Coldstone did and tell someone who is around you a lot what your if you can, it maybe difficult but is potentially lifesaving!
    luckily he had told me already weeks ago how to help him if it happened.. its pretty scary still though to have a 200 lbs guy laying on the floor.. i couldnt carry him to the car if my life depended on it..

WOW, what a story...what a girl too. all my girl does is give me injects i cant do myself.

Good to hear you're cool now bro

Quote Originally Posted by angelxterminator
    certainly understandable. if i was going hypo i wouldn't give a fvck about pricking my finger, i'd wanna get some glucose in quick!... What have you previous readings been? when were you taking them, before and after the slin?

what do u normally have for the second meal?? aka u take ur slin, then creatine and dex with whey,,,, what next?
    the meal ussually consists of 1 large chicken breast, or 2 small ones...1/2 cup of brown rice uncooked (about 2 cups when cooked) which is about 50 grams of carbs....and ussually some picante sauce in the rice, and the last 2 nights also a sliced small roma tomatoe

Quote Originally Posted by rambo
    right on!...thats what i was thinking...b/c i felt fine until i waited exactly that one hour and started moveing around and making my meal...thats when i started to feel hypo...

like i said in the 1st post...i think my gym clock and home clocks are off, so im gonna take my cell phone tonight, and get a stop watch to carry with me this weekend...and make sure i have dinner 75% ready with in 15 minutes of that 1 hour mark so i can eat right on the mark...

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    I FEAR INSULIN . My dad is diabetic I am deathly afraid of getting that peice of sh*t disease.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigun

yes i have powdered gatorade at the house ready to make up, and a large bottle of glucose tabs in my bag (rasberry, they are fukkin good too!...taste like smarties)

Quote Originally Posted by 1victor
    I FEAR INSULIN. My dad is diabetic I am deathly afraid of getting that peice of sh*t disease.
    it was kind of scary...but looking back on it i think everyones should go in to a hypoglycemic state to see what it feels like and how to fight it off...atleast im 100% prepared now with the signs and what they feel like...

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    I'm glad you made it. I love my pancreas, my pancreas is my friend! No insulin for me!

Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired
    lol at victor.... I dont think you will become diabetic with slin as long as its used for 30 days.

Cold- Good to hear you are alright. Now you know what it feels like for you to go hypo. Just a crappy way to find out about it

Tahq is offline Junior Member
    Just a thought...you might want to consider prepping your second meal in advance and that way it is just a quick minute in the microwave and you are ready to go. Slin timing while generally consistant, more so with humalog, does vary with different factors and checking your BG, being familiar with hypo signs, and being prepare in advance will go along way towards being safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahq
    Just a thought...you might want to consider prepping your second meal in advance and that way it is just a quick minute in the microwave and you are ready to go. Slin timing while generally consistant, more so with humalog, does vary with different factors and checking your BG, being familiar with hypo signs, and being prepare in advance will go along way towards being safe.
    thats what im doing....

and and update:
    Last night i ate right at the 60 minute mark, but i started getting that funky feeling at about 50 minutes...it never got to bad, cause i was actually eating my rice at about 55min mark or so....

but im willing to bet that my BG makes the big drop at the 40-45minute mark....so tommarow im gonna test my BG levels after doing my normal routine and see...

i have however rulled out that its my simple carb intake right after the shot...i felt no different between 7 to 10gs per IU...so its that 2nd meal thats giving me the problem...

Ive only got 7 test strips, but ill post what i test before and at the 10 minute mark through1 hour...to see if it is dropping when i feel it is...

steggs is offline Associate Member
    been hypo about 3 times now ....crazy scary $hit

a dextrose drink brings me straight out of it within a min

but glad to hear yr ok i think if u panick to much it makes it much harder to come out of it

Quote Originally Posted by steggs
    been hypo about 3 times now ....crazy scary $hit

a dextrose drink brings me straight out of it within a min

but glad to hear yr ok i think if u panick to much it makes it much harder to come out of it
    it took a few minutes to come out of it for me...i was sweating and shaking very bad...i think i was in a more "serious" hypo state cause it wasnt fun at all...but know i know

map200uk is offline Anabolic Member
    wow you're so lucky to have princess

im conmsidering using slin soon, but then i have noone there incase that happens which is a worry

how did u meet princess? i never manage to find girls who are ok with this kinda stuff

anyway glad you're ok mate

Quote Originally Posted by map200uk
    wow you're so lucky to have princess

im conmsidering using slin soon, but then i have noone there incase that happens which is a worry

how did u meet princess? i never manage to find girls who are ok with this kinda stuff

anyway glad you're ok mate
    yeah everythings cool now...ive got my blood levels figured out and time down...but my body is real fickle...if im **** near 2-3minutes over the time when i needed to be eating i start to go slightly hypo...and if i am moving around alot my BG levels seem to drop quicker...like the other night i was just doing some laundry, and cleaning up my room, and i started to get that feeling about 10 minutes before i needed to eat..its weird...

anyways...i met her at the gym ...she was on a treadmill on a friday night about 10-11 and i knew she was my kinda gal ...it also helped that i was pounding my arms that day and looked all swoled up

There out there...just be honest and let em know who you are and what you do (as in AAS use)...thats what i did, and she hated it, but then i educated her and it was all cool.

cyflex is offline Associate Member
    I had the same $hit bro.. being hypo between pwo-ppwo so i added 10g dex in my whey shake(after 30min of my IM slin shot)
    thats it.. no hypo
    it works fine 4 me u can give it a try bro
    i`m glad to hear ur OK bro

Peace&Health

cyflex

Quote Originally Posted by cyflex
    I had the same $hit bro.. being hypo between pwo-ppwo so i added 10g dex in my whey shake(after 30min of my IM slin shot)
    thats it.. no hypo
    it works fine 4 me u can give it a try bro
    i`m glad to hear ur OK bro

Peace&Health

cyflex
    ****...that is a **** good idea!...i had also thought about drinking 1/2 a gatorade serving inbetween meals (about 9-10g carbs also)...but dex make the protein taste so much better...ill try it monday...thanks brotha!

Thread Information