Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Teegunn's Avatar
    Teegunn is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    555

    HGH - questions before I start. (long post)

    Hey all - great site! I have been cruising quite a large number of sites like this for a while and this is the best of the bunch. Anyway - I have been interested in HGH for quite some time and have been researching it via the net extensively for a while. I am primarily looking to lean down and gain the anti-aging qualities of HGH use. If I am happy with HGH I would like to use it on a permanent basis. Before I start HGH use (if I can find a source) I have a few questions:

    First - Here's my stats:
    -35 yr old male

    -5'10" 175 lbs

    -15% bf

    -used to be as low as 4% bf

    -former div-1 college athlete

    -never used any AAS/HGH or the like

    -only used "natural" alternatives (protein, NO2, some PH)

    -bodytype somewhere between meso and ectomorph

    -typical "hard gainer" for size, but can get vascular and ripped with enough work, time and diet

    -am more interested in staying lean and gaining back some athleticism I lost over the past few years along with anti-aging properties of GH



    1) I am going to start off slow as it seems many HGH users are having some pretty severe side effects by starting with too high a dose. I'll start week one at only 1.0 iu per day, week 2 at 1.25 iu per day and so forth until I get to 2.0 iu per day. I will probably go ED for the first few months. After that I will probably start going either 5/2 or 6/1. If the side effects are not bad I *may* try bumping up to 4 or 5 iu at some point to see what it does. Does starting out slow like this sound like a good idea? I just seems to make the most sense to me.

    2) Is the doctor the only way to get blood work done? This is probably self explanatory - but do you just go in and ask to have some BW done? And I assume you can just ask to see the results? I am sure my Doc would be skeptical for me just asking for some BW as he is very conservative.

    3) It sounds like most are using Jin at this point for the cost advantages. It also seems like most are having more side effects from Jin (joint pain, swollen hands, head aches, etc) than other brands. Does anyone think that Jin may possibly have worse side effects than other brands? And maybe this is why Jin seems to work better than other brands?

    4) I am very interested in the Genotropin "minikits". The advantages of having the fluid and the powder already in each pin sounds real nice. I am not asking for sources - but has anyone ever found a supplier that has these "minikits" for a decent price? Or is it unrealistic to get the "minikits" for anywhere close to $2 or $3 an iu?

    5) I was also wondering if any natural GH releasers would be a good idea until I can find a source? I was specifically thinking of taking GABA to naturally up my GH levels until I can finally find a good source. Or would that just be a waste of time and money?

    6) I was also thinking of taking some natural Test enhancers about 2 months into my HGH use. Specifically - ZMA, 6oxo and Tribulus. I was thinking that this would be similar to using low levels of test to make some more gains. Anyone done this or am I fooling myself that these would do much compared to Test?

    7) Finally - a few months ago I was having some digestive problems. After some tests and finally and endo (ughh) I was diagnosed with mild ulcerative colitus. The Doc put me on a drug called Asacol. It literally cleared up the problem in the first dose. But I am supposed to take Asacol for 6 months (ending in May). I have done a lot of research on the web on ulcerative colitus and a few sites mentioned that HGH therapy "may" be beneficial for this problem. I do know for sure that I am cancer free from the endo exam. Anyone had any experience with an irritable bowel syndrome (specifically ulcerative colitus) along with HGH use?



    Like I said, I have been thinking seriously about HGH use for many months now. I feel I have studied up on the subject extensively and I now want to start (if I can find a dammed source). I really can't afford to pay the high prices the anti-aging clinics seems to want, so I guess I will have to be patient. I appreciate any and all ideas and feedback!

    Thanks again,

    T
    Last edited by Teegunn; 02-06-2005 at 05:53 PM.

  2. #2
    aphex is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14
    I'm starting a Jintropin 100iu kit. I too have read quite a bit, been thinking about it for about 4 years before finally taking the plunge. I''ll be 32 in May, and my main reason for taking it is for the purported sense of well-being, sleep quality, and any other so-called anti-aging benefit. A secondary interest of mine is some mild fat reduction in the midsection, but I'm already fairly lean, so I don't want to become a twig.

    If Jintropin does cause more side effects, its because it's reported to be more potent per IU than several other brands. One user, "Duck of Death" (search for his thread) mentioned having to reduce his dosage a little when he switched from Saizen to Jin.

    I plan to use 0.5 iu for the first 4-5 days, then 1 IU per day for at least 2 weeks after, since my hands tend to fall asleep in bed already, and the last thing I need is the dreaded arthritic feeling. My long-term aim for the following months is to use 1.5-2IU 5 days on, 2 off, maybe for the rest of my life if I like it. I already take 10-15mcg of T3 for subclinical hypothyroidism, which I plan to increase slightly while on GH since it can exacerbate the problem.

    As for prices, I got my Jin kit (10iu 10 vials) for $385, and I hear there are even lower prices out there, especially if you imprt from china, but you most likely won't find them on one of those sites that come up immediately by typing "jintropin" in google. Those sites usually charge about $450 for a kit like mine, but tack on an extra $50-75 "shipping" charge and maybe even a "doctor's prescription" fee.

    I'm not a source myself, nor am I in a position to PM you with any further info, but if you spend a few days searching you probably will find the stuff for well below "Clinic" prices.

    The amazing thing is that this stuff is finally available for less than the $3000-6000 a year it was being offered at just a few years ago!

    good luck

    btw- I also take 7.5 gm/day of Androgel , and am having mostly good results.
    Might switch to low dose test cyp in the summer.

  3. #3
    Teegunn's Avatar
    Teegunn is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    555
    Thanks alot aphex! Your goals and my goals sound alot alike. I talked to a clinic today. They sound like a good clinic and it doesn't sound like there are that many steps to take before I could actually have some GH in hand. But the price is around $10 per IU. That's probably about as cheap as one can get with a clinic. I wish I knew exactly how to go about searching for a source. I am utterly clueless on how to start. But trust me - there is a good reason I just don't go asking around the gym here. However - I really don't want to pay $10 iu. Heck - even $4.50 an iu sounds good compared to $10! If I did 2iu 5/2 for a year it would cost me $5400 a year! Your prices would be barely over 2K a year in comparison. Quite a difference. I guess the clinic way would be "legal" though and that is definitely worth some piece of mind. I may try the clinic out for now and hope I can find a good, reliable source soon. Thanks for the info!

  4. #4
    nsashbl's Avatar
    nsashbl is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    161
    Hey Teegun, you may want to work on your overall program before spending money on GH. Don't get me wrong, the stuff rocks, but I don't think guys with bf as high as you get leaner from GH. I think you should be like 10-12 % max. I was 10 and dropped to 8 with the gh. You will not stay lean forever if you don't change your diet and training. It's an expensive drug, and has good benifits. But the free stuff is best first, (diet, etc).

    Good luck....

  5. #5
    Teegunn's Avatar
    Teegunn is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    555
    Quote Originally Posted by nsashbl
    Hey Teegun, you may want to work on your overall program before spending money on GH. Don't get me wrong, the stuff rocks, but I don't think guys with bf as high as you get leaner from GH. I think you should be like 10-12 % max. I was 10 and dropped to 8 with the gh. You will not stay lean forever if you don't change your diet and training. It's an expensive drug, and has good benifits. But the free stuff is best first, (diet, etc).

    Good luck....

    Thanks nsashbl. I haven't even checked my bf lately so it was just a guess. I can generally lean out fairly easily with good diet, working out and some ECA stack, but as I have gotten older it is definitely a lot harder than it used to be. I also put on fat much easier than I used to. I recently went on a damm cruise (not my idea) and put on 10lbs. I have lost 5 of it already, but am no where nearly as lean as I want to be. 6 - 8% is my eventual goal. But 15% was a guesstimate. I suppose I should get some calipers and get a better idea of where I am at BF wise. I used to be as low as 4% bf - but marriage, age, eating habits and not getting to the gym as much have taken their toll. I don't know quite what my body has in it naturally at this point. I am about to order some HGH though as I think I found a good source. If I get it I will definitely update here every so often with my results. I just have a feeling I will be very happy 6 months from now though. I am definitely going to be hitting the gym a lot more too, so I suppose that should help. But I am going to start out real slow with the HGH the first month or so and let my body acclimate to it. My body is usually pretty sensitive anyway, so I don't see the need to rush it. If everything goes well I may eventually try a month at 4iu and see what happens, but right now my goal is to get to 2.0 iu on a long term basis. I may also try a begginers AAS cycle later in the summer if things are going well. I am just at the point where I want to get back into top shape again - heck, I want to get into the best shape of my life, if possible. I am not afraid to try some HGH and possibly AAS later on to boost my potential.

  6. #6
    Animal Cracker's Avatar
    Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Va Beach
    Posts
    3,658
    Keep a clean diet and the BF% will fall!

  7. #7
    nsashbl's Avatar
    nsashbl is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    161
    Quote Originally Posted by Teegunn
    Thanks nsashbl. I haven't even checked my bf lately so it was just a guess. I can generally lean out fairly easily with good diet, working out and some ECA stack, but as I have gotten older it is definitely a lot harder than it used to be. I also put on fat much easier than I used to. I recently went on a damm cruise (not my idea) and put on 10lbs. I have lost 5 of it already, but am no where nearly as lean as I want to be. 6 - 8% is my eventual goal. But 15% was a guesstimate. I suppose I should get some calipers and get a better idea of where I am at BF wise. I used to be as low as 4% bf - but marriage, age, eating habits and not getting to the gym as much have taken their toll. I don't know quite what my body has in it naturally at this point. I am about to order some HGH though as I think I found a good source. If I get it I will definitely update here every so often with my results. I just have a feeling I will be very happy 6 months from now though. I am definitely going to be hitting the gym a lot more too, so I suppose that should help. But I am going to start out real slow with the HGH the first month or so and let my body acclimate to it. My body is usually pretty sensitive anyway, so I don't see the need to rush it. If everything goes well I may eventually try a month at 4iu and see what happens, but right now my goal is to get to 2.0 iu on a long term basis. I may also try a begginers AAS cycle later in the summer if things are going well. I am just at the point where I want to get back into top shape again - heck, I want to get into the best shape of my life, if possible. I am not afraid to try some HGH and possibly AAS later on to boost my potential.

    All good bro. Do the smart thing and get full blood work before you mess with anything. It'll help in the long run. There are a ton of online places to get it done cheaply. Good luck.

  8. #8
    Teegunn's Avatar
    Teegunn is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    555
    Quote Originally Posted by nsashbl
    All good bro. Do the smart thing and get full blood work before you mess with anything. It'll help in the long run. There are a ton of online places to get it done cheaply. Good luck.

    There are places to get blood work done on the net?? How does that work? I'll have to google and see if I can find something on that.


    T

  9. #9
    doublewide is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    235
    Quote Originally Posted by Teegunn
    There are places to get blood work done on the net?? How does that work? I'll have to google and see if I can find something on that.


    T

    Check this one out

    www.directlabs.com

  10. #10
    nsashbl's Avatar
    nsashbl is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    161
    I used https://www.healthcheckusa.com Total test is $56, a general health panel which includes Total Cholesterol, HDL, LDL and Ratios, Triglycerides, Glucose (Diabetes), Kidney, Liver, & Heart functions, Potassium, Calcium, Uric Acid, Electrolytes, and Iron is $47. I'd also do IGF before you do GH. I didn't see it on their sight though, I'd call them and see if it's offered. I found these guys to be the cheapest and the use Lab One, which is reputable. You can go to a center, or thay will come to you for like $50.

    I can't stress enough, get labs before taking anything...... Good luck.

  11. #11
    Teegunn's Avatar
    Teegunn is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    555
    Thanks for the links and advice guys! I'll check them both out.

  12. #12
    Jinotropin is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    34
    with 1,2 ius you really dont get hand swelling and wrist pain, i started to see that at 5-6 ius, everyone is diff though, when you start break up the shots to 2 a day, .5 iu at 8am , .5 ius at 12-1 pm, just hypothetical, depends what time you get up

  13. #13
    Teegunn's Avatar
    Teegunn is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    555
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinotropin
    with 1,2 ius you really dont get hand swelling and wrist pain, i started to see that at 5-6 ius, everyone is diff though, when you start break up the shots to 2 a day, .5 iu at 8am , .5 ius at 12-1 pm, just hypothetical, depends what time you get up

    I am hoping to skip most of the side effects by starting off very slowly and acclimating my body to the extra GH. I may even start out the first week at only .5 iu and then week 2 at 1.0 iu etc. While I am anxious to get started with GH, it doesn't make any sense to rush into it either.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •