Thread: Damnit!

Steve80 is offline Associate Member

Damnit!

I think I am going to have to take some time off. About 3 weeks ago I was in a hurry and didnt have time to warm up. I started off with 245 on the hammer strength shoulder press. On my second rep I felt like a ripping pain in my left shoulder. I kept goin, finished lifting. Well That night it got worse. The next week I skipped shoulder day. It hurt alot on my chest day. Now I cant do shoulder or chest day. Its to the point it hurts all the time. I cant even lift my arm above my head or rotate my shoulder. Also now my left elbow is really sore and kinda makin a squish noise. I think I am gonna have to take a week or two off. Maybe just beat on my abs to have em poppin for summer.

A couple questions though. I am on a bulking diet, should I continue on it and try to put on as much weight as I can even though Im not lifting?

I wont lose size in that quick period of time will I?

Should I try workin through the pain even though it completely affects my lifts? Or try to just do lifts that it doesnt hurt so bad with, like curls, dips ect? Or just take a total break?

Njectable is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve80
    I think I am going to have to take some time off. About 3 weeks ago I was in a hurry and didnt have time to warm up. I started off with 245 on the hammer strength shoulder press. On my second rep I felt like a ripping pain in my left shoulder. I kept goin, finished lifting. Well That night it got worse. The next week I skipped shoulder day. It hurt alot on my chest day. Now I cant do shoulder or chest day. Its to the point it hurts all the time. I cant even lift my arm above my head or rotate my shoulder. Also now my left elbow is really sore and kinda makin a squish noise. I think I am gonna have to take a week or two off. Maybe just beat on my abs to have em poppin for summer.

A couple questions though. I am on a bulking diet, should I continue on it and try to put on as much weight as I can even though Im not lifting?

I wont lose size in that quick period of time will I?

Should I try workin through the pain even though it completely affects my lifts? Or try to just do lifts that it doesnt hurt so bad with, like curls, dips ect? Or just take a total break?
    Well atleast i think you realize where your mistake was. But i don't have any idea why if you felt something rip why you would finish that set especially when your only on your 2nd rep. You should of dropped the weight and started stretching to see if there was any pain or discomfort with your shoulder.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    eat at maintanence. rest, and maybe see a doc...

sorry to hear about that man

Thread Information