veteran_47 is offline New Member

winter build up

OK, started a bulk cycle just a week ago today. here's what it consists of:

sustanon 250 mgs/ EOD
    deca 300 mgs/ every 3rd day
    hgh 6iu 5 on/ 2 off
    arim .5 mg/ EOD
    igf lr3 .60 seperated in 2 shots/ PWO only

going to be on this for 10 weeks, then drop the sustanon and add winny for the last 3 weeks.

going to use the Lr3 for 2 more weeks, then switch to slin PWO only. 1st time user on the slin.

current stats:
    47 yrs young
    5' 9"
    226 lbs
    been lifting since 13 1 competition @ 22 yrs old/ won a local show
    many cycles over the years

have been using hgh for 20 months straight. started with 3 ius then bumped to 6 ius in May of this yr. my last cycle consisted of 300 mgs winny/wk + 800 mgs deca/ wk over the summer. I was rock hard...217 @ 8% BF. going to my health club tonite for BF measurement, definately higher than 8% now. I'll post my true stats later today. would like some input. theres a lot of real knowledge on this website. also , will post some pics moving forward. I've been lifting seriously for the past 4 yrs. between my late 20's and 4 yrs ago I was off and on as far as being truly deticated.

one of my goals here is to get my legs up, always been my weak point. I've had a history of developing patellar tendinitis and have stayed away from squating for the past probably 8 yrs or so.Instead, I found a horizontal leg machine from Precor that my knees seemed to like and used it for many years. However, just squats back into my workouts recently. its amazing how heavy just 315 felt on my shoulders after so long!! lol. I was quite surprised how good it felt though to squat again. easily did 315 for 10. so, I'm going to get into them slowly. went to 375 for 6 last night, not going to true failure, guess I'm alittle gun shy to over work my tendons. I loved squating when younger, not real smart then about listening to my body, when it hurt.....I just tried to work thru it. a lesson learned for sure.

also, recently found that working out every other day works best for me, at least now. wasn't recovering here about 1 month ago when I was still doing 2 on, 1 off, 1 on, 1off schedule. over the summer I was 3 on/ 1 off all summer. will be on the stationary bike 4 days a week also./ don't like getting too soft and I'm eating like a horse too. unfortunatley, I've never been a calorie counter , but I eat good. I'll get into my diet in another post. want to post how this cycle goes.

got my BF checked at my club. they used a 7 site skindex method which is all they had. I do remember from my studies in college however that this method is the second most accurate method , with hydrostatic weighing being #1, and electrical impedance being the very least accurate. I weighed 224 lbs @ 10% on the button 1 week into my cycle. don't feel anything as of yet.

I've been reading the other threads in this forum and they are great. so much info and recomendations. can only hope some of you follow my thread like some of the others. some won't care, but hope some do.

Mick_540 is offline Junior Member
    10% bodyfat (even using the 7 point skinfold test) is a really good starting point. Can you tell me the skinfolds at each of the individual 7 sites? I will follow your thread with interest.

fast is offline Associate Member
    Will be looking forward to this tread :>

Could you tell more about running hgh for 20 months? Seems intresting, did you follow closely how much you got out of it?

I`ve met people who have run it for 6-9 months with moderate dosages, but none so long period.

t-gunz is offline MONITOR~ ~ RIP ~ Gone never Forgotten
    i'll be following this thread to.. best of luck

Quote Originally Posted by tommyZX6R
    i'll be following this thread to.. best of luck

my firend,,,you have got world class abs there!!! wish I had them!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mick_540
    10% bodyfat (even using the 7 point skinfold test) is a really good starting point. Can you tell me the skinfolds at each of the individual 7 sites? I will follow your thread with interest.

the sites were upper chest ( 3mm) ,back ( sub scapular)( 9 MM), mid thigh( 3mm), lower a**omin( 12mm), mid tricep, solarplex, and lower back. I can't remember the other measurements, they are logged into the computer at my club. I carry most of my fat in my upper/lower back, lower abs. thats where the measurements were the highest.

I've been on now for 9 days, still hasn't kicked in at all. did get a bout of the test flu last weds., lasted about 4 hours or so. a little on thursday too. still working out every other day for now. once everything kicks in, then I'll gage how I'm recovering. not a young guy anymore....damn!! today is chest/ arms day. stay tuned.

about my experience of 20 months of gh: what I've noticed most of all is my weight gains, retention of strength and reduction of BF. I have used in the past many cycles of AAS, but unfortunately, I never followed much ( if at all) any PCT, therefor I would lose most of my gains. at the onset, I weighed about 200 or so ( can't remember exact). and I had done a cycle of AAS prior to starting the hgh. again, currently, 224 @ 10% BF. this is the heaviest I've been at any point. hope this helps.

fast is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by veteran_47
    the sites were upper chest ( 3mm) ,back ( sub scapular)( 9 MM), mid thigh( 3mm), lower a**omin( 12mm), mid tricep, solarplex, and lower back. I can't remember the other measurements, they are logged into the computer at my club. I carry most of my fat in my upper/lower back, lower abs. thats where the measurements were the highest.

I've been on now for 9 days, still hasn't kicked in at all. did get a bout of the test flu last weds., lasted about 4 hours or so. a little on thursday too. still working out every other day for now. once everything kicks in, then I'll gage how I'm recovering. not a young guy anymore....damn!! today is chest/ arms day. stay tuned.

about my experience of 20 months of gh: what I've noticed most of all is my weight gains, retention of strength and reduction of BF. I have used in the past many cycles of AAS, but unfortunately, I never followed much ( if at all) any PCT, therefor I would lose most of my gains. at the onset, I weighed about 200 or so ( can't remember exact). and I had done a cycle of AAS prior to starting the hgh. again, currently, 224 @ 10% BF. this is the heaviest I've been at any point. hope this helps.
    Yes, thanks ! Not bad having 10% at 224.

my workout yesterday went well, still hasn't kicked in as of yet. was my 10th day on. did, however, get another bout of the test flu ( if this is what it is). sensitive skin feeling, kind of chilled, sometimes a little achy. lasted about 6 hours. seems to happen the day following an injection. took some ibuprofen and felt much better later in the afternoon. was almost going to cancel my training that day, but it subsided. don't remember getting this so often before. haven't used sustanon ever before. anyone have some insight on this?? hope this doesn't continue. today is a cardio day.

just an update. still hasn't kicked in as of yet. did put my last 2 inj in my quads and let me tell you, I remember why I won't do that again. both quads hurt like hell. did legs last night. I will get some pics by the weekend. still bothered by the test flu, got it during the night last night for the first time. usually, it occured only during the day.

day 15 on this cycle. happy to report I think I've gotten past the damn test flu that seems to be associated with the sustanon . I was getting close to saying " F this!!" it occured on and off for one week. taking ibuphrofin did help. OK, my wieght is up to 229 ( water weight I'm sure), and I'm beginning to feel heavier. no strength gains as of yet. next workout is saturday. will get a few pics on over the weekend.

I'm almost at 4 weeks, actually tomorrow is my 4 week mark. have to say this cycle surely hasn't gone too well. seems I've not been able to totally shake the test flu symptoms I get following the SUS inj. actually, got a bug or something last friday. was strapped to the toilet for several days and still haven't completely recovered from that. took sat, sun, monday off. went in last night for back and shoulders and could tell my energy was down due to the virus. didn't sleep well at all and had night sweats the past 2 nights, so I'm fighting something. went to the Dr and he says its a virus, needs to run its course. bottom line is I don't like the way I've been feeling with this sustanon . never used it before and probably won't in the future. I know a lot of people have had great success with it, just isn't agreeing with me so far. hopefuly, there is no connection with what I'm dealing with now and the sus, but don't believe there is though. my BP was up, 128/90. I'm going to keep an eye on that, could be cuz I barely slept last night. I just ordered a spygmomanometer, my old one the cuff is too small. anyway, just checking in and hopefully I'll be back feeling normal again real soon.

The_Canibal is offline Member
    let's see some pics

can you tell me the exact ecuation to calculate BF?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canibal
    can you tell me the exact ecuation to calculate BF?

wish I could, it was calculated in the healthclubs computer. I'll get some pics up in the next day or 2 for sure.

wish I could, it was calculated in the healthclubs computer. I'll get some pics up in the next day or 2 for sure.

thx and good luck

OK, its week #4 and its kicking in. I haven't weighed myself in over a week, but I'll get that up shortly. my strength has gone up, noticed mostly during my recent leg work out. squats went from 375 to 405 for 6 good reps. did 15 with 315 following 7 sets, 4 with heavy leg presses, then 3 good squat excercises...so happy with that. I've posted a few pics taken today actually. so, again these are 4 weeks into this cycle.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails winter build up-p1010010.jpg   winter build up-p1010008-1-.jpg   winter build up-p1010006-1-.jpg  

my goals this year is to bring my legs up. they surely lag, always have. for years though I stayed away from squats due to patellar tendinitis issues in the past. looking back however, I overtrained them in a big way. currently I work them out once every 6 days. seems to be working, no knee pain and my squating is feeling really good. its been 10 or more yrs since I squated at all. I have always had a thick waste, so another goal is too get my lats wider also. also, I think the GH is making my waist thicker too. i'm sure it is.

getpaid is offline Associate Member
    Damn bro your looking great..I hope I'm in that kind of shape when I'm 47..Good job

Quote Originally Posted by getpaid
    Damn bro your looking great..I hope I'm in that kind of shape when I'm 47..Good job
    thanks for the compliment!!! seems the older you get, the easier it is to tell who takes care of themselves and who doesn't.

i can't see the pictures....

i can't see the pictures....
    hmmm, cant see them at all?? they are on there.

i saw them....very impressive....good luck man...what you do is incredible, I hope I will be able to do the same at your age

i saw them....very impressive....good luck man...what you do is incredible, I hope I will be able to do the same at your age
    thanks Canibal. much appreciated.

well, was really looking forward to training my legs the other night. I almost get kind of a nervous feeling, some may be able to relate. there is nothing more satisfying ( well, maybe one thing or 2) than a great leg workout. no other bodypart requires the amount of energy you expend. now, having said that my leg training was going really good. was back to squating after a layoff of years and it was feeling good. during my 3rd set of heavy leg presses( my 1st exercise) I felt something tear in my right knee. it seemed as though it was under my kneecap. I have been experiancing some discomfort during heavy pressing/ squating. I racked the weight and was waiting for the worst....swelling. well, nothing happened...absolutely no swelling. I noticed some tenderness in my patellar tendon and was able to bend and flex with no discomfort. of course there are severaL ligaments in there, but from what I've found on the internet is most ligament injuries occur not in this type of movement. usually, its a side impact, hyperextension, or sudden impact. so, I decided to go to doing my hamstrings to see if there was any irritation there...there wasn't. I've been icing the tendon and using ultra sound. I have a home ultra sound devise I bought over the internet, seems to have helped with my previous bout of tendinitis which I recovered from. what I'm hoping is I just strained my tendon, but it sure didnt feel right when it occurred. I had a sick feeling. going to give it several days and when I can go up my stairs normally, I'm going to get on the stationary bike. I'm usually on it 5 days a week, but I'm staying off it for a few days. I'm going to hold off on seeing a Dr. for a few days anyway. seems to feel much better today, not even 24 hours following the injury, but again, the feeling I experianced wasn't good. my fingers are crossed hoping its not serious. I've got complete movement and can walk totally normal, only experiance discomfort when slight flexion and applying some resistance. theres nothing more I wanted to accomplish this year in my weight training than to bring my legs up to speed with my upper body. time will tell.

Mick_540 is offline Junior Member
    how's the knee????????

Quote Originally Posted by Mick_540
    how's the knee????????
    Mick, so far nothing major I think happened. I've been on the lifecycle as usual, last leg routine I actaully did some leg extensions and just deep knee bends with no weight. so, its been 2 weeks since I've actaully trianed my quads. I've continued to train my hamstrings and calves as usual. today I'm planning on doing some leg presses and possibly lighter squats if all goes well.

as far as the cycle goes, I'm making good progress. although, I weighed in @ 227 last time I weighed myself, it was done on a totally different scale, since I've changed gyms recently. I do plan on going to my old club this week to get my weight and BF tested. I do notice I've gotten leaner considerably. I've got vascualrity all thru my legs and upper torso. for several weeks earlier in this cycle, I struggled with the flu like symptoms and don't think I ate enough. I've bumped up my caloric intake and definately feel better. I will post the BF/ weight results along with some more pics this week.

well, I was able to work my quads finally albeit rather light, but worked them nonetheless. did light leg presses up to 5 plates a side, then squatted up to 275 for 10 reps, felt good. next leg workout I plan on squatting more since between the 2 exercises ( leg presses/squats) it seemed to stress my knee the least. my hamstring/ calve workout was never affected by my knee injury.

today, went to my old club to use the original scale and get my BF tested again, since its been awhile. I was surprised I weighed in only @ 224 and my BF was reduced to 7.3%. have to say I'm somewhat disappointed in my weight. bottom line is my caloric intake isn't sufficient despite I've lost almost 3% of BF and kept my weight the same, so almost 7 lbs of muscle( since I started @ 224 @ 10% BF). so, I'm increasing the amount of food I eat daily.

johnsomebody is offline Senior Member
    Hey, whatever happened? You still around?

Thread Information