jasonembassy is offline Junior Member

Thumbs up 4 weeks later - 12/06/02

Here is my pic after doing 4 weeks of Big Kevs program. The program is actually giving me confidence to lift heavier weights.

I've managed to keep up with the 4 X 45 min cadio - Intensity level is medium to high. I like it.

My goal to get the abs - I've been after these for almost 2 years!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Advice needed by hardgainer-pic3.jpg  
    Last edited by jasonembassy; 06-12-2002 at 04:18 AM.

Canes4Ever is offline Banned
    Hey welcome to the board brother

Let us know what your routine is like, what are you doing in the gym. And also let us know more about your diet, what it consists of.

Good luck

bronzebeefcake is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by Canes4Ever
    Hey welcome to the board brother

Let us know what your routine is like, what are you doing in the gym. And also let us know more about your diet, what it consists of.

Good luck
    I agree a little more detailed info would be great.....In mean time Aloha and good luck.......got a friend that believes HEAVY is always gooooood..
    ALOHA BRONZE<<>>>>>

Hardgainer update 9 months later

Here we go. Do you think that there has been a change? Took the picture this morning.

Thinking now of which juice to take to speed up the process.

Sustanon250 and Nolvadex sounds like an interesting mix.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Advice needed by hardgainer-pic2.jpg  
    Last edited by jasonembassy; 06-12-2002 at 04:22 AM.

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    Your training needs to be revamped. Pick one bodypart a day and destroy it. Here's how my training split goes... try it for a month:

Mon - Chest
    Tues - Quads, Hams
    Wed - Back, Calves
    Thurs - Shoulders
    Fri - Arms
    Sat, Sun - Off
    I take Kenpo Karate so I get my cardio and abs in there.

As for excersises, stick with the basic mass building movements. For example on chest day, do bench press, incline press, and flyes. All sets until failure!

As far as diet goes, you should eat a min of 3000 cals and 300 grams of protien a day broken up into 5-6 meals and a shake here and there.

Destructo is offline Associate Member
    There has been some good results. I don't think you are anywhere near your genetic potential though. If you cycle now, you may get dependant on the AS. However, If you've led a life of inactivity and you're just now trying to get physical at 34-35... you may need a bit of a push from the juice to get things going. I pretty much agree with Arthur, because I think you're not focused enough in your training schedule to get any real results. Personally, I'd Burnout my CHEST AND TRICEPS on Mon, LEGS Wed, and BACK and BICEPS on Fri. Tue, Thurs, and Sat are CARDIO and ABs, With sprints on at least one of those days. Can you do sets of 20 dips, pull ups, leg dips, etc.? If it seems impossible to work with your own body weight, or your joints hurt, maybe AS is a good idea. A really good trainer/ training partner could tell you. Also, what supplements at what doses have you been taking?

Sust 500/ week X8 is good by itself, and you won't need nolva

Deca 200 + Sust 250/week X 8 is another good one

Deca 200 + Primo 200 or Winstrol -50-eod/ week X8 is super clean

I've seen the deca cycles do miraculous things for beginners, and you'll keep your gains after. You can extend Deca cycles for additional 2 weeks at 400mg/week, without problems.
    I'd recommend the deca if your knees/elbows are weak.

Thanks guys for the advice you offered me today.

I have led a very inactive life for the first 32 years of my life. Didnt start the gym till 33. The motivation for joining the gym was actually me moving next door to a gym. Furthermore, the apartment I live in has a huge full length mirror in the bathroom. Didn't realise just how bad things were and wasn't able to hide anything.

Will seriously consider your advice.

Believe it or not, I actually have a trainer helping me out. All my training sessions are supervised by her. Shes great. Always there to push me along. Will indeed pass the information on to her.

Went to my doctor 2 weeks ago to seek his advice on steroids - the only purpose for my visit. He almost fell out of his chair when I asked him if he would supervise me on a cycle of juice. He said that he would do the research for me if I gave him the info, nevertheless he said, no doctor could ever condone the practise of taking steroids. I responded to him by saying, "its about managing risk."

Last week - in one day, two people commented on how big my upper body was. I was at the pool coaching my team water polo and the other was when a mate called around in the evening to drop off papers - I was wearing a singlet.

What a hoot!

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod
    Your looking great bro. Just keep up the hard work. Your there, your working hard and that's half the battle. This t9ime next year your gonna be awesome.
    IC

rangerdudeleads is offline Senior Member
    Hey bro your body fat looks a hell of a lot lower than 27%, I would guess 15% but not 27%.

Measuring my body fat

I am using BIA (Bioelectrical Impedance) to measure my body fat. I agree with the 15% if I was to use the 3 or 4 site caliper test. Thanks for the observation.

http://www.new-fitness.com/body_fat_measuring.html

TryingHard is offline Yes thats me in the Avatar!!! A wanna be BB!!
    Why would you work Chest/Tri's together for a first timer??? by the time he reaches tri's they are burned out from training chest.....i would work 1 body part per day until he makes some gains....then once you make some "Good" gains then maybe switch up to promote more growth...

Hardgainers Revamped Program

This site is great to discuss matters. I have been kindly informed that I need to revamp my program. People have suggested a different body part each day.

I used Big Kevs super programme to start me off and the suggestions offered so far. The program looks like its going to kill me. I wonder what my trainer is going to say when I suggest the revamped program.

I have taken out the exercises that my gym dont have. Left Legs for Fridays - I hate walking around work limping for 3 days.

This program will be the first I have pyramided up.

What do you guys think?

----------------------------------------

SUNDAY
    Shoulders
    Barbell shoulder press-4 sets, 4-6-8-10 reps
    Standing Side laterals-4 sets, 8-10-10-12 reps
    Seated Bent-over Lat Raises-4 sets, 8-10-10-12 reps
    Shrugs- 4 sets, 12-20, reps
    Seated lateral raise-3 sets, 12-15-20 reps
    Abs
    Bench leg raise – 3 sets, 15 reps
    Swiss Ball Cable Crunch – 3 sets, 15 reps

MONDAY
    Cardio – 45 min
    Chest
    Flat barbell bench press-4 sets, 2-5-8-10 reps
    Incline dumbbell press-4 sets, 6-8-12-12 reps
    Peck deck-3 sets, 10-16 reps
    Smith Machine press-3 sets, 8-12 reps
    DB Bench Press-3 sets, 12-20 reps

TUESDAY
    Cardio – 45 min

WEDNESDAY
    Cardio – 45 min
    Arms
    Straight barbell curl-4 sets, 4-6-8-10 reps
    Cable bar curl-4 sets, 4-6-8-10 reps
    Dumbell curls-3 sets, 8-10-10-12 reps
    Cable pressdowns-3 sets, 8-10-10-12 reps
    Abs
    Hanging Leg raise – 3 sets, 20 reps
    Swiss Ball Crunch- 3 sets, 15 reps

THRURSDAY
    Cardio – 45 min
    Back
    Bent barbell rows-4 sets, 6-8-10-12 reps
    Seated Row-4 sets, 8-10-12-12 reps
    Low pulley rows-4 sets, 10-12-12-15 reps
    Pulldowns with narrow v-bar-3 sets, 10-10-12 reps
    Calves
    Seated raises-4 sets, 6-8-10-12 reps
    Standing raises-8-10-12-15 reps

FRIDAY
    Quads
    Barbell squat- 5 sets, 2-4-6-8-10 reps
    Leg Press-4 sets, 8-10-10-12 reps
    Leg extentions-4 sets, 8-10-12-12 reps
    Hamstrings
    Stiff leg deadlifts-4 sets, 8-10-10-12 reps
    Lying leg curls- 4 sets 10-10-12-12 reps

SATURDAY
    REST
    Last edited by jasonembassy; 05-20-2002 at 05:03 AM.

bigkev is offline Scamming Traitor
    be sure and do this routine as it is lined out, one body part per day, body trained once per week. it is really a killer and your body will need its recouperation time. do your cardio after your weight training, always. do cardio only 4 days per week, and up your sessions to 45 mins.

you made great progress in the pics bro. keep it up.

Thanks BigKev

Off to do my shoulders now. Will up the cardio

Destructo is offline Associate Member
    I'd do the chest and tris together Because of the fact that you're hitting both groups in related exercises and tiring them out. When you train these parts separately, you overtrain and get little rest. For example, the shoulders would get nailed everyday except on legs- front delts on chest and arms, rear and medial delts on back day. By separating chest and tris, you train them both 2X/week. Besides that, working the big muscle groups is what will burn the most fat and provide the most change. Arms day does almost nothing except boost egos, as does Shoulders day. But when these parts are trained with a LARGE muscle group workout, much more of the body is being used so thus a greater change will be seen in a three-month period.
    I'm not discrediting anyone's workouts. This was just a piece of advice. Everyone's different. When I began, I did this kind of Burnout. I gained 30lbs in 3 months and stayed at 10% without AS. I ate and Trained like a beast. I've put other friends of mine on this schedule and watched them transform.
    I Am a B-A-M-F and just wanted to give my 2 cents.

I 've seen the use of training each body part separately- by bodybuilders who are preparing for a contest, at about 9% fat, -at a point where they are concentrating all their efforts into making those extra peaks every time they flex.

8.16 am

Turned my alarm off at 5.10 and rolled over to sleep/ Trainer rangm up at 6am screaming at me for not making our appointed time. 5.45 am in the gym. Got to the gym at 6.10 to a furious trainer. Boy she knows how to wear the pants. I said good morning to her and her reply was, "It past good morning!" Luckily I live next door to the gym.

Did quads and hamstrings. Was completed diorganised. Had not programmed my routine into my pocket computer - which made things worse. Losing more weight. Will post an analysis.

Come back from the gym feeling quite alert and not at all tired. I seem to revelling in the fact that I have not gym date till Sunday afternoon and no cardio till Monday.

EARY JULY COMPETIONS - West Coast USA
    Am organising my trip to the USA today - five weeks away. Will be travelling around LA, Navada and up to British Columbia - decided to rent a car for three weeks rather than fly. You guys know of any bodybuilding competitions happening around these areas in early July?

I'm thinking of positing weekly photos for the next 12 weeks to see what tranformations take place. And must but some protein supplements - I know my protein intake is down a bit because of this.

HATE DOING CARDIO?
    If you hate doing cardio think of doing it in the beginning of the week, to get it out of the way as soon as possible. I think you will enjoy the rest of the week, not felling uptight.

THORSZ is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Go to hardgainers.com
    It helped me 100%. I got results 10 times faster after reading the book they sale. Good luck!

Week 3 - Day
    Monday 3rd June
    Chest day today. Went extremely well. Had a great 2 1/2 days rest.

Week 3 - Day
    Tuesday 4th June

Great day. Busy. Felt a great Chest pump today after yesterdays chest workout.

Woke at 5.10 went to the swimming pool. Took 30 mintues to psyh myself to do a lap of freesyle. Made 1/2 a length first off. Made myself relax and concentrated. 10 mintues later I was swimming laps of the pool. A great feeling of accomplishment. Tomorrow I start with a swimming instructor. Should be interesting.

4.30 p.m
    To give my chest a break as I trained it yesterday, changed Thursday program to today - Did Back and Calves. Great sweat!

5.30 p.m
    Finished my back workout with a 50 minute Combo Aerobics class. Felt like a real kluts but managed to get my heart rate through the roof. Feel Great afterwards and am finding that I am qucikly recovering after the workout.

Work out this week - as it was a long weekend here in New Zealand

Monday Chest and Abs
    Tuesday Back and Calves
    Wednesday Biceps and Triceps
    Thursday Shoulders and Abs
    Friday Quads and Hamstrings

If I really strain I think I see my abs (taken this morning) - A pic to encourage me I suppose.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Advice needed by hardgainer-pic1.jpg  
    Last edited by jasonembassy; 06-12-2002 at 04:21 AM.

4 week update - where are my abs?

Hey guys and gals - Just letting you know that I have made some progress - albeit slow.

Its at the top of the board. What do you think?

nyteen27 is offline Junior Member
    keep it up.

Thread Information