tuffboynyc is offline New Member

28 year old ecto, first cycle, advice or thoughts?

I'm a 28 year old ectomorph, been working out now for 3 years with the last 1.5 years being particularly intense with no breaks other than a 1 week rest period here and there. I've made some siginificant gains in mass and strength but have hit a plateu in the past few months. I'm 5'7". When I started this I weighed 120 lbs, and was about 9% bodyfat (Attached a 'before' pic). Now I'm just shy of 150 at 10-11% bodyfat ('after' pics).

For last year and a half, I've been regularly taking in 300 Grams of Protein per day, 600 Grams Carbs, 3000-5000 calories. I'm extremely maticulous about making sure I eat to gain, and unlike alot of other ecto's I don't just eat crap loaded with calories, I eat healthy food in good balance.

I've been reading alot about gear and cycles, etc. and after thinking about doing this for about the last 10 years, I beleive I am finally ready to do my first cycle. I plan to do 10-12 weeks of Test E (500 mgs/week twice a week) with nolva and then clomid at the end. From what I read a lot of the more seasoned users tend to recommend straight test for a first cycle.

Some of the things I read on some of these posts concerns me though, alot of people keep posting that if you're skinny, or under 170, or 200, or whatever don't do a cycle yet. Why is that? If I could get myself to 170 or 200 at 5'7" I wouldn't need the gear. I know that if I kept working hard, and eating the way I do now I could slowly creep up the weight and muscle mass but it would take a long time. I'm not looking to be a bodybuilder, I just want to gain another 20-30 lbs of muscle. Given my family history I also beleive that I am close to my genetic 'limits'.

My workout is a 3-day split, don't do one body part more than once per week, 1 hour in the gym. I do low reps, large amount of weights.

I'd appreciate anyone's thoughts or advice. Thanks alot!
    Last edited by tuffboynyc; 09-28-2006 at 06:47 PM.

spound is offline Anabolic Member
    There is no way you have been eating 5000 clean claories for the past year and a half. You woudl gain wayyy more than you have at your size. Post your diet, and we can help you from there bud, b/c you are not ready for a cycle. I promise other things can be corrected to make even more gains before jumping on the sauce.

3000-5000, I promise you, with one day off a week.

generally speaking this is what i eat:

Bfast: 2 eggs, oatmeal or cereal, plain greek yogurt w/honey.
    10 am: myoplex r-t-d
    Lunch: chicken or tuna sandwich, potato chips, fruit of some kind
    3 pm: myoplex r-t-d
    dinner: steak, various veg's, and a carb component usually potatoes or pasta
    right before bed: gnc 2200 cal shake, with a scoop of eas whey thrown in.

i also throw in a pb&j if i want a snack, but not consistently.

I'm literally at the end of my wits with this diet thing. I mean I'm going to keep it up but I don't even want to describe what this has been doing to my digestive system for the past year or so.

I think 30 lbs in a year and a half is fairly significant for me, maybe I'm wrong? I just know that I have an extremely fast metabolism and it seems like my system is working overtime to just get rid of all the extra crap I'm eating...

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    I think Spound is right. I am no diet expert but by just looking at your breakfast I can tell there are issues.

2 eggs? Are you serious? You should be having a 15oz egg beaters (8 eggs) plus 2 real eggs.

Others can comment. Don't get upset about it. I think if people help you with a diet you are going to see alot of benefits.

Eggs have 6g of protein each, upon waking you need some more. More real food and maybe even a whey shake for a fast acting protien (as soon as you wake up/after any morning cardio).
    Last edited by sp9; 02-26-2006 at 08:04 PM.

My thoughts below:

Quote Originally Posted by tuffboynyc

This diet is sub-par at best!! you have 3 shakes in there, and oen of them is a 2200 cal wt gainer shake?!?! You gotta be kiddin me. 2 eggs for breakfast? potato chips?!?!?! Don;t waste people's time with complaing abotu how your diet is "spot on" and you arent gaining when your diet looks like the above.

I'm literally at the end of my wits with this diet thing. I mean I'm going to keep it up but I don't even want to describe what this has been doing to my digestive system for the past year or so. And what? DO you think you wont have to eat this way while on AAS??? If so, you are terribly mistaken my friend. You will have to eat LOADS MORE on gear, to get the full benefits of it. You eat like a damn bird from what I can tell....that 2200 cal shake is BS, I woudlnt coutn that for shit. And I sure as hell woudlnt use a shake with that many cals in it, no way it has a good macronutrient breakdown.

I think 30 lbs in a year and a half is fairly significant for me, maybe I'm wrong? I just know that I have an extremely fast metabolism and it seems like my system is working overtime to just get rid of all the extra crap I'm eating... Yes, I must say, 30lbs in 1.5 yrs is pretty damn good....but you know what? Most guys who use gear barely put that much weight on in that period of time. So if you are gaining so well naturally why stop??? Sure, it may have slowed down, but I mean come on dude, your gained 30lbs in 18months and now your saying it has slowed down? How do you know? Weight it out, up your cals, man the phuck up and eat and train like an animal and come back in a year and tell me you still havent grown. IT WON"T HAPPEN.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Also - Where are the good fats in your diet (one tuna sandwich ain't nothing for omegas, and some days you don't even have that)? That Myoplex ready made stuff is one sure way to make your wallet skinny. Add some good fats, from tuna, salmon, walnuts, almonds, olive oiil, flax seed.

What veggies do you eat?

myoplex:
    Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size: 1 Container
    Servings per Container: 12

Amount Per Serving

Calories 310
    Calories From Fat 70

% Daily Value

Total Fat 7g †

Sugars 2g †
    Saturated Fat 1g †

Cholesterol 20mg †

Total Carbohydrates 20g †
    Dietary Fiber 6g †

Sodium 610mg †

Potassium 910mg †

Protein 43g †

Biotin 150mcg Vitamin B12 3mcg

Vitamin A 2500IU Vitamin E 30IU

Selenium 40mcg Iodine 80mcg

Thiamin 1mg Copper 320mcg

Niacin 10mg Magnesium 242mg

Phosphorus 936mg Vitamin B6 1mg

Molybdenum 38mcg Vitamin C 60mg

Pantothenic Acid 5mg Calcium 478mg

Chromium 96mcg Zinc 11mg

Vitamin K 40mcg Folate 360mcg

Riboflavin 1mg Manganese 1mg

Iron 2mg

daytrader is offline Member
    Dude i am a ecto too.... youre not eating much at all.... your not gonna wanna hear this but i had to start eating 7-8 WHOLE FOOD meals a day b4 seeing consitent gains .... youll prob have to do the same

I'm literally at the end of my wits with this diet thing. I mean I'm going to keep it up but I don't even want to describe what this has been doing to my digestive system for the past year or so.

I think 30 lbs in a year and a half is fairly significant for me, maybe I'm wrong? I just know that I have an extremely fast metabolism and it seems like my system is working overtime to just get rid of all the extra crap I'm eating...

pelly789 is offline Member
    i like your john basedow pose!

surfnsailor is offline Junior Member

I think you are looking good bro, nice improvements on the arms and shoulders. Lift big, eat big, get big. Stuff that food down. I wake up and eat 10 egg whites and a cup of oatmeal and 3 hours later 1.5 chicken breasts with carbs…ect. If it is hard to eat any more I just throw a cup of oatmeal in the blender with a little water for 3 seconds and gulp it down. Good luck on your training bro! 5’7” 150pounds not bad, you probably weigh more than most 5’7” guys that aren’t fat, good work bro!

I was trying to 'meet the numbers' with this diet, i.e. a cetain amount of protein, certain amount of carbs, certain number of calories. I conceed that I could not be doing the diet thing right, but my original point was that I'm not sitting here eating nothing or eating crap and complaining about not gaining.

Also, I'm not suggesting taking the gear in place of the diet, but in addition to it. Like I said in that post, I'll keep up the diet or make changes to the diet, whatever's necessary.

I honestly had no idea my diet was this bad so I def appreciate everyone's feedback about it, and welcome any other suggestions esp from other ecto's who've gained.

Quote Originally Posted by pelly789
    i like your john basedow pose!
    lol was't on purpose but i just noticed ur right...

I was trying to 'meet the numbers' with this diet, i.e. a cetain amount of protein, certain amount of carbs, certain number of calories. I conceed that I could not be doing the diet thing right, but my original point was that I'm not sitting here eating nothing or eating crap and complaining about not gaining.

Also, I'm not suggesting taking the gear in place of the diet, but in addition to it. Like I said in that post, I'll keep up the diet or make changes to the diet, whatever's necessary.

I honestly had no idea my diet was this bad so I def appreciate everyone's feedback about it, and welcome any other suggestions esp from other ecto's who've gained.
    I am glad to hear you say this, you don't even understand.

Now, make a trip to the diet forum and do some reading and then come up with soemthign a little better as far as your diet and get members to critque it. If you improve that diet, you could probably gains another natural 20lbs this year alone. Please stay natural for a while longer man, you still got soem work to do, btu you are moving in the right direction. good luck

Thread Information