Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mcgas7 is offline Associate Member

Smile 20yrs, 6'4 94kg (14.2stone) cycle???

hi there just new to the site.. so hi all!
    scottish guy.. 6'4 94kg.. looking for comments on if a cycle is good for me or what is best.. what cycles are best as whats the gains etc..
    looking to bulk up..
    played football(soccer) for the last 6 years so been hard to beef on..
    usually lift 4x a week.. looking to start a structured diet and hopefully gain.. thats why i am interested in a cycle..

thanks in advance..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20yrs, 6'4 94kg (14.2stone) cycle???-cimg1728.jpg   20yrs, 6'4 94kg (14.2stone) cycle???-cimg1725.jpg  

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    You should go as far as you can with diet and excercise before you consider gear. You are no where near your natural potential.

*Alex* is offline Senior Member
    not ready!!!

HULKBOY is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alex7674
    not ready!!!
    indeed not to sound harsh but you are far from ready to use gear man and you prolly oughta hit the diet and training forums first to get your body in check..

tranzit is offline Senior Member
    not ready yet bro. you train for a year with a REAL work out program 6 days a week, diet and live correct and clean and you can put 20-25lbs on pretty easy with that frame. you are 20 years old and have SHIT ton's on test already in your body.

mcgas7 is offline Associate Member

lifting

is it best to lift 6 times a week doing all body parts or split the body into parts?

Quote Originally Posted by mcgas7
    is it best to lift 6 times a week doing all body parts or split the body into parts?
    whoa definately need to hit up the training forum and do a little research as this kinda info is easily found in the search button. and for you six times a week is definately overkill buddy..

6 times a week is NOT overkill, you have no idea what kind of workout he'd be doing.
    a 6 day a week work out is a great way to see results and get fed motivation by those results. 99% of the battle for a newbie is gaining comfort going to the gym turning it into part of their day as they do with brushing their teeth. NO not a full body workout but a diffrent muscle group per day. this one muscle group a day workout will trally lrt you beat the shit out of that muscle allowing you to get a real workout in. most people who dont get results are not working hard enough, they are just going through the motions.

Quote Originally Posted by tranzit
    6 times a week is NOT overkill, you have no idea what kind of workout he'd be doing.
    a 6 day a week work out is a great way to see results and get fed motivation by those results. 99% of the battle for a newbie is gaining comfort going to the gym turning it into part of their day as they do with brushing their teeth. NO not a full body workout but a diffrent muscle group per day. this one muscle group a day workout will trally lrt you beat the shit out of that muscle allowing you to get a real workout in. most people who dont get results are not working hard enough, they are just going through the motions.

6 days a week man no way that leaves one day for recovery im sorry but im just not seein it. remember newbie is the key word here and his body needs more time to recover so one day for recovery aint gonna cut it. i agree with one muscle group a day but maybe 4x a week m,t,th,f ive been doin it like that since ive started lifting luckily i had my dad point me in the right direction as far as splits go but i know a ton of people who wont go over 5x a week cause it allows no time for recovery..goin to the gym should be like goin to the gym but allowing your body to recover and eating and sleeping right should be like brushing his teeth IMO....

BullDogg20 is offline Member
    Welcome to AR, stick around and read the training and dieting forums you will learn an awful lot quickly, 4-5 days week is all most people need in order to achieve your repsected goals, just remember your grow when you rest, so you need to find that balance that fits your body. we can only give guidlines, its up to you to figure out what works best for you.

Good luck

Have the people who work out 4 days a week post a picture of themselfs for you. 4 days a week is a Maint routine.. unless your one of those fags that reads mens health magazine and belives that bullshit.
    #1 if your on steroids you are recovering faster,
    #2 your not working the same muscle every day so how many days in between workouts do you need off for that muscle group exactly? more then 6 days.. man thats alot of time off.. sounds like bullshit to me.. but hey i have just been doing this for years what the **** do i know.
    #3 If you wanna work out 3-4 days a week fine.. but you will NOT reach your goals as fast and THAT i can garuntee.

How about you show him your 4 day a week workout. lets see how you work all of those muscles well enough to grow without spending 4 hours in the gym a day? i am quite interested in this workout.

Have the people who work out 4 days a week post a picture of themselfs for you. 4 days a week is a Maint routine.. unless your one of those fags that reads mens health magazine and belives that bullshit.
    #2 your not working the same muscle every day so how many days in between workouts do you need off for that muscle group exactly? more then 6 days.. man thats alot of time off.. sounds like bullshit to me.. but hey i have just been doing this for years what the **** do i know.
    #3 If you wanna work out 3-4 days a week fine.. but you will NOT reach your goals as fast and THAT i can garuntee.

How about you show him your 4 day a week workout. lets see how you work all of those muscles well enough to grow without spending 4 hours in the gym a day? i am quite interested in this workout.
    geeze man guess i pressed a button or something didnt mean for that but yea not to sound cocky or anything but ive only worked out 4 days a week since ive been lifting and im 19 and ALL natural and i've got the body to prove that it does work. proving that rest is the key to growth not training your ****in ass off all the dam time...and i think im not the only one that agrees that 6x a week is plain overtraining..

split im doin right now[/U]
    mon-chest and bis (the reason i do that is because tris are already indirectly involved and so is the Anterior Deltoids)
    tues-quads and calves (simple as that)
    wed-(rest day for the previous 2 days)
    thurs-back and hamstings and sometimes calves if im feelin like it (now here bis get indirectly worked out as well for all the back movements)
    fri-shoulders and tris
    sat and sun time to let my muscles rest more so i can be fresh for monday

ok thats the split ive been doin just switching out rep ranges and workouts and that is a dam good split if i say so myself it gives plenty of time (for me at least to recover until the next week.. and now id like to see your 6x a week workout oh and some pics to show me how massive a person can get by doin your 6x a week workout. i have pics on here from a few months ago if you care to take a gander and it was when i was around 195. im now fluctuating between 203 and about 208 throughout the day im still around the same b/f%.. so that disproves your maintenace accusations and i am all natural.. so looks like thats all i got to say right now

oh yea and i only spend like an 45 min-an hour in the gym. oh yea and ive surpassed my previous goals and i know i'll still reach my new goals only working out 4x a week..

I work out 4-5 times a week and my picture is in my avatatar, although i am not in great shape right now due to nearly a year of not lifting weights because of military training. By the way my routine in almost identical to Hulkboy, how about you post a picture so we can see what a 6 day a week routine does, not trying to flam you bro but its better to start off training right rather then learn the hard way.

That workout is garbage. Your 19 and you have tons of test going through your body and by the looks of your picture your genetics are stocky not skinny, At your age i was 180 lbs at 6"5 i am 291 today, and at one point was 315 between 10-12% bodyfat and 350 between 12-14% bodyfat.
    Now heres the thing.. you didnt hit a nerve i just know bullshit when i hear it. You are young and you cought onto a catch phrase "over training" thats a word people use who have no ****ing clue what they are talking about. They are living in their little world of slow growth and dont understand anything past that. I am not saying over training dosent exist. But i work out 6 somtimes 7 days a week and i am not over training and id bet i know many times more then you do about this subject. So am i wrong? no.. i know how to set up a routine 6-7 days a week where the muscle in question gets plenty of rest before it is hit hard again. will it be used again that week doing somthing else? of course it will but it would get used again if i jerked off or wiped my ass too. Just not to the extent i am working it when i am focusing on that group. As i said before a 6-7 day a week work out IMO is a GREAT way for a begginer or returning muscle head to get into the groove of things and get comfortable with their routine, weight ect.
    I can argue this point all day long.. your routine might get you enough gain to make you happy but i can assure you if you were to do my workout for 6 months you would double in size.

dude your a body builder and you work out 4 days a week? yeh good luck with that.. im sure ronnie , gunter and the rest of those guys sit on their asses 3 days a week.

RJstrong is offline Senior Member
    interesting discussion... I have had no problem training 4 days a week and reaching my goals... actually as I draw closer to a contest (2-3 weeks out) I drop to only 3 days... current stats 5'10" 240 and I stay pretty lean... current best lifts squat- 865 bench- 600 deadlift- 722... understanding everyone is different what works for me may not work for you but I need 3 days of rest a week or I will be overtrained... actually I get overtrained regardless from my style of training (powerlifting it's the nature of the beast)... oh ya check my pic out in the pic forum... by the way I consider my training to be far from maintenance... oh ya sorry to hijack the thread... to the original poster build the foundation first don't get to caught up in worrying about a cycle now... get your diet right, training up to par, and get proper rest and you will do just fine!
    Last edited by RJstrong; 12-29-2005 at 10:14 PM.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	855564376.jpg 
Views:	290 
Size:	2.7 KB 
ID:	60583heres my pic,,,, this is 6 days a week working out.. .recognize bitch!

Quote Originally Posted by RJstrong
    interesting discussion... I have had no problem training 4 days a week and reaching my goals... actually as I draw closer to a contest (2-3 weeks out) I drop to only 3 days... current stats 5'10" 240 and I stay pretty lean... current best lifts squat- 865 bench- 600 deadlift- 722... understanding everyone is different what works for me may not work for you but I need 3 days of rest a week or I will be overtrained... actually I get overtrained regardless from my style of training (powerlifting it's the nature of the beast)... oh ya check my pic out in the pic forum... by the way I consider my training to be far from maintenance.

So your telling me you reached where you are right now by doing ONLY 4 day a week workouts, You never did more then that in the begining? as i said over training does exist, but i belive at 6"5 and similer body types i have a little more insight on what this paticular person needs to do. If you read my post i said 6-7 days is to get motivated, the easyest way to drop off and dissapear is to go MIA away from the gym for a few days.

Also with those bench numbers id be interested in knowing how long your arms are? Also is that with braces, wraps, gloves. Shirt or anything aiding you? if it is what do you bench "rep out" with no gear on? thats a shit ton of weight, i have done in the 600's with no shirt.. but i have never been anywhere near the numbers your putting up.

jesus i hate this time of the day.... its always freakin lagged... BTW i went back and read what i wrote Hulk.. even though i dissagree with you bro.. i was kind of a dick in that post and i appoligize, I am proud of the young bros like you, makes it even better that your clean. Keep at it just understand not everyone is the same. Your about college age right now. If your in school i advise you to take A&P the insight you can gain on diffrent body types, trunk stability ect is invaluable in your training.

So if i used your routine for 6 months i would be 340 lbs jk bro, i know what your saying.

At my peak i was 194 lbs at around 13% bodyfat, that may not seem big to you but lets not forget i am a short ****er i am 5'5. If you can get away with working out 7 days a week with no rest and have phenomenal gains, then more power to you brother, But most people cant, Biggest mistake people make in the gym and most often dont even realise it is that they are over training. Dont knock the guy because he is 19, if thats him in his avatar i'd say he knows what he is doing considering he has some decent size to him.
    You gotta realise their is a huge difference between gaining size and gaining muscle, 50 lbs of weight vs 25 lbs of muscle is not the same thing.
    I do agree with you on one point, this thread is going know where i could also argue this point all day but its pointless, let him figure out what works best for him rather then knock each others workout routines.

RJstrong is offline Senior Member
    So your telling me you reached where you are right now by doing ONLY 4 day a week workouts, You never did more then that in the begining? as i said over training does exist, but i belive at 6"5 and similer body types i have a little more insight on what this paticular person needs to do. If you read my post i said 6-7 days is to get motivated, the easyest way to drop off and dissapear is to go MIA away from the gym for a few days.

Also with those bench numbers id be interested in knowing how long your arms are? Also is that with braces, wraps, gloves. Shirt or anything aiding you? if it is what do you bench "rep out" with no gear on? thats a shit ton of weight, i have done in the 600's with no shirt.. but i have never been anywhere near the numbers your putting up.
    I have tried many different things and made many mistakes in my earlier years, but yes I have tried training more then 4x per week... usually 5x per week when I started... however I have made my largest gains the past 4 years at 4x per week... and I am not disagreeing with you on what works best for you I am simply stating what has worked for me... obviously everyone is different and nothing is truly written in stone... as far as my arm length they are long for my height actually at 5'10' my wingspan is around 6'2' (i wish that was my height lol) the 600 was done in a competition about 3 weeks ago and I was wearing a inzer rage x bench shirt (i have done a shirted 665 in the gym just haven't put it all together in a meet yet)... my best raw touch and go is 545... rep wise I have hit 225 for 50, 315 for 20, 405 for 12, and 500 for 3 (raw) but as a powerlifter with the high volume and heavy training my body is good for no more than 4x a week... through a long process of experimentation and trial and error I have been lucky enough to find what I feel is the best training style for me considering my current goals (to become as strong as possible) I suppose that is really all anyone can ask for is to find what works best for them... when it comes to training the law of individual differences is important to understand and in this discussion it seems pretty clear to me that we all have a firm handle on it.
    Last edited by RJstrong; 12-29-2005 at 10:42 PM.

Dude thats awsome, you are gifted to have that much strength at your size WITH long arms at that... watch out for me.. ill be at your next bench meet.. ill be the one holding Kryptonite strangly close to you!

Keep at it man thats some kick ass lifts.

hoss827 is offline Banned

This is a horse shit statement on #3.

I'm natural, 18 years old.
    5'7, 170 pounds at 12-13%

I've trained for two years, the first year I did 5 days a week WITH proper diet, training, rest and recovery.

The second, i've been training 3 days a week the HIT way, and i've been making WAY better gains than when I was doing 5 days a week.

The guy training me is known as Mr. B on the forums. The guys in his mid 40's, has 22 inch guns and is a strong bastard. Hes had over 10 back surgerys and can still incline 395 for 5 like its nothing.

Everyone is different--you've found the nichte that works for you but thats not the case for everyone. I did high volume, high intensity and my gains came to a ****ing hault after awhile.

3 days a week, lotta food, lotta sleep, and max intensity for my three sets (1-5, 6-8, and 12-15 reps) is where its at for me. 3 minute rest between sets, 5 minute rest between exercises.

Everyones different bro, what works for you wont work for everyone else.

USN DV is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by assgob

Everyones different bro, what works for you wont work for everyone else.
    agree, also you can't do the same routinue all the time, you have to vary it or you'll stop making gains.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	19yearoldbb.jpg 
Views:	775 
Size:	19.5 KB 
ID:	60585

everyone is diffrent, sounds like somthing i said. Again... as i said im my FIRST POST, this i have found is a good way to get consistant and see gains quick, Hence your motivation goes up, hence you make an effort to contine to go to the gym after you have your workouts maximized.

Your 18 years old dude.. your not done growing.. of course you are putting on weight.. thats common sense. when i was 9 i weighed 100 lbs i was 130 when i was 11... all natural..this is getting old arguing about this. I stand by what i said with a proper workout and split up muscle groups you get PLENTY of rest, you could do 7 days in a row with no problems at all if set up correctly. I am not talking about a full body workout.
    Mon legs, Tues back, weds shoulders thurs bi's friday Chest, Sat tri's.. there is 6 days.. sunday off money legs.. ohh look i havent touched my legs in 7 days.. its not ****ing rocket science. I find that by isolating muscle groups and working them on 1 day each i can completely exhaust them and get great growth, i switch up routines and days when i feel like my gains have slowed. Yes some of those muscles get work during other workouts. Triceps for instance. But not enough to burn them up so i am impeading progress.

jesus i hate this time of the day.... its always freakin lagged... BTW i went back and read what i wrote Hulk.. even though i dissagree with you bro.. i was kind of a dick in that post and i appoligize, I am proud of the young bros like you, makes it even better that your clean. Keep at it just understand not everyone is the same. Your about college age right now. If your in school i advise you to take A&P the insight you can gain on diffrent body types, trunk stability ect is invaluable in your training.
    its cool agree to disagree i guess, oh and yea im takin A&P this next semester so im lookin forward to that class.

HB your going to have a whole new outlook on this stuff. You will become the ebbert and roper of everyones form ect.. its really a kick ass thing to study when you have intrest in the subject.

I stand by what i said with a proper workout and split up muscle groups you get PLENTY of rest, you could do 7 days in a row with no problems at all if set up correctly. I am not talking about a full body workout.
    Mon legs, Tues back, weds shoulders thurs bi's friday Chest, Sat tri's.. there is 6 days.. sunday off money legs.. ohh look i havent touched my legs in 7 days.. its not ****ing rocket science. I find that by isolating muscle groups and working them on 1 day each i can completely exhaust them and get great growth, i switch up routines and days when i feel like my gains have slowed. Yes some of those muscles get work during other workouts. Triceps for instance. But not enough to burn them up so i am impeading progress.

I can see someone doing this workout and not have an issue with overtraining because of how it's seperated apart and only one body part. I would think I was undertraining if I did that workout.
    I train 5-7 times a week with weights compound/explosive exercises and atleast 2 times a week with sprints/jumps and have made solid gains for being 18yrs old.
    I have really thin joints , so for me being 6'4''-6'5'' 252lbs (currently ) I think you get what you put into it.
    Whats very important is to always listen to your body, because if you lift very hard for very long it starts to kick your ass and you will know when you need to rest.

Hell is a freak of nature.. listen to nothing he says as he was sent here by ****s to make the normal man look weak.

Hell is a freak of nature.. listen to nothing he says as he was sent here by ****s to make the normal man look weak.

spencer is offline i gotta S on ma chest
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgas7
    hi there just new to the site.. so hi all!
    scottish guy.. 6'4 94kg.. looking for comments on if a cycle is good for me or what is best.. what cycles are best as whats the gains etc..
    looking to bulk up..
    played football(soccer) for the last 6 years so been hard to beef on..
    usually lift 4x a week.. looking to start a structured diet and hopefully gain.. thats why i am interested in a cycle..

thanks in advance..
    is that pro evo on your tv behind u?

MER
    MER is offline Member
    I agree with everyone on this one. You're not even close to being ready for a cycle.

Mer where did you get those sun glasses dog those are off the HOOK!

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    dude your a body builder and you work out 4 days a week? yeh good luck with that.. im sure ronnie , gunter and the rest of those guys sit on their asses 3 days a week.
    What are you saying?

I train 4 days per week.

I guess i'm doing it wrong huh?

Quote Originally Posted by alex7674
    not ready!!!
    ditto.

Stick around... read up in the forums.

You didnt start out training 4 days a week, just like everyone else you got into a groove learned your routine then maxamized what you do into a 4 day workout. and Yes if you ever hope to get a procard 4 days a week wont cut it nark and you know that as well as i do bro. And as i said its not for everyone. I am a large person and it takes me alot of pounding to get growth. Cutting cycle is diffrent. that is a 4 day a week workout for me with cardio 6 days a week. But at that point i am not trying to grow i am trying to keep what i have and tone.

You didnt start out training 4 days a week, just like everyone else you got into a groove learned your routine then maxamized what you do into a 4 day workout. and Yes if you ever hope to get a procard 4 days a week wont cut it nark and you know that as well as i do bro. And as i said its not for everyone. I am a large person and it takes me alot of pounding to get growth. Cutting cycle is diffrent. that is a 4 day a week workout for me with cardio 6 days a week. But at that point i am not trying to grow i am trying to keep what i have and tone.
    I started out training 5 days per week. When i started competing (one year later) i started training 4 days per week..as suggested by my coach. My best gains have been made while training 4 days per week.

I've currently two friends who are pros. One of them, his coach being my coach, trains the same i do... In addition, he has, for as long as he's been under this coach's tutelage (i.e. the entireity of his career), been training in this manner.

My Coach, and others, claims that the important factor is intensity...

That too is my belief.

So quite frankly, when people say 6 days per week is a MUST..i simply say B.S.

True everyone is different... but the basics are the same.

~Narkissos

Everyone is diffrent. But a four day a week workout unless your spending 2 1/2 hours a day not counting cardio OR doing two a day workouts is not going to get the maximum amount of size you have the potential to gain.
    As i said this is my opinion. i have done 3 day a week workouts, 4 day 5 day and so on.. and at the point where i am right now and the point this person who started the thread is at my suggestion is to hit it VERY hard and see some fast results. The biggest thing i find that gets people to become frustraited and stop lifting is lack of results. I am a very result oriented person.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information