Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: winter bulking

pumpseeker is offline Senior Member

winter bulking

It's been a while since I posted pics so I thought I'd throw some up with an update. I'm weighing about 220 or so in these and hope to hit 230 by mid-Feb before cutting for a spring contest, my first. Running Cyp and Eq now, planning to add some winny and var later. No leg shots, but I'll get some up next time. Here ya go....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails winter bulking-fdb-home.jpg  

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails winter bulking-bdb.jpg  

side chest...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails winter bulking-side-chest.jpg  

monster. is offline Anabolic Member
    **** dude, You are in great shape... It doesn't look like its possible for you ever to have very high bf ever!!!

Excellent job man, blow up to like 250lbs and cut back down... looks like you can slab alot of lean muscle on top of what you already got bro..

Happy New Years bro

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    Excellent! Keep at it bro. You're an inspiration to many.

I was trying to remember if you had answered this before:
    --How many cycles have you done?
    --Over how many years?

Quote Originally Posted by BASK8KACE
    Excellent! Keep at it bro. You're an inspiration to many.

I was trying to remember if you had answered this before:
    --How many cycles have you done?
    --Over how many years?

Thanks guys. And Happy New Year back atcha! Bask, I'm running my 3rd cycle now. The first one I did started in August 02. Pretty much been 3 months on, 4-5 months off since then.

GeoQuadzilla is offline Senior Member
    Looking awesome man... Very lean at 220lbs thats impressive

will86 is offline Banned
    hey pump, what are your stats? How long have you been training?

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    One of the better physiques on AR for sure.
    Good work bro,

~US~

tatty is offline Member
    Your physique is wicked. Exactly what I'm looking for...****, I'm far behind!

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    good job pump

get those wheel pics up

mmaximus25 is offline Senior Member
    Keep it up pump... I just broke 230 and still recovering from a ham problem...
    nice shoulders in that back shot... and pretty well balanced all around bro. good luck on getting to 230

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    hey maximus... I didnt know you had ham problems.. what happened?

Vidooch is offline Associate Member
    I said it before and I'll say it again. Pump has one of THE best physiques on this board IMO. Definitely my motivation in the gym. Keep up the good work bro.

Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired
    man you are looking ginormous! Good work bro

-MS

GreenOak is offline Junior Member
    Lookin good pump

50%Natural is offline Respected Member
    Great work.

TiptronicSoldier is offline Associate Member
    Great shots pump. I'm currently bulking as well with my first cycle. I am at 193 right now trying to hit 210+, I just started week 5 so I feel like I can get there. I have pretty low body fat even with my high calorie/carb intake due to not getting most of them in before dark. I was hoping you had your diet posted or maybe I could get a copy of it from you for some help.

My currently looks a little like this:

1 gallon of sodium free water daily.

Breakfast, as soon as I wake up: 5 eggs, 60+ carbs of oatmeal, light in fit smoothie or juice.

Snacks in between meals(usually 2-3 a day): 2 servings of Cottage cheese with a fruit cup or 2 scoops of protein powder (44g) with 2 energy bars.

Lunch usually consists of 3 or 4 sandwiches with lots of turkey, slice of cheese, and whole grain wheat bread.

Pre-Workout 1 hour - 4 scoops of cytogainer with water
    Pre-Workout 30 minutes - 1 turkey sandwich with cheese (nothing too filling)
    Post Work out - 5 scoops of HDT Pure gains with water
    then after i shower I usually try to get 2 chicken breasts or a 12-14oz steak with a bowl of salad, and a larged baked potato with just cheese on it.

I try to have every meal spaced out between every 2 hours.

Before bed ill munch on 2 servings of cottage cheese alone(like i am now) or a bag of beef jerky with 2 servings.

Then before bed 5 scoops of HDT pure gains.

This is a generalization of what I usually eat. If all else fails I cheat like i did today and eat 2 large pizzas while I watch college football.

I eat about 1 or 2 things of yogurt during the day, and fit in a PBJ sandwich in every now and then. I eat up to 8 eggs when Im extra hungry but i usually just shoot for 5.

Im taking 2 servings of glutamine a day, milk thistle, vitamin c, glucosamine, flax seed oil, and 1 of those hard core packs daily with a meal.

LM1332 Guest
    Looking great bro! but i dont know if it was mentioned before but it looks like your rear delt on your left arm is lacking behind a little but other wise awesome job!!!!

50%Natural is offline Respected Member
    **** that name

Focused is offline New Member
    Nice job Pump, wish my back looked as detailed as yours does.

Lunge is offline New Member

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by pumpseeker
    It's been a while since I posted pics so I thought I'd throw some up with an update. I'm weighing about 220 or so in these and hope to hit 230 by mid-Feb before cutting for a spring contest, my first. Running Cyp and Eq now, planning to add some winny and var later. No leg shots, but I'll get some up next time. Here ya go....

Great job! BF looks amazingly low for a bulk cycle; you don't look like you'll have to cut much at all. You're low BF during bulking will make a lot of people on this board jealous!

Keep up the good work; you'll kick butt in the contest. At this rate, we'll be reading about you in national publications!!

RoChamp is offline New Member
    i would like to say that you have goo overall mass. now, you know that you look good, i know it, and everyone else around hre seems to know it,
    i won't comment on your photos from a day to day point of view, but i will comment on your phisique as a future competitor.
    i have competed a lot and i have seen a lot of people compete and i know that those who have an easy time being lean year round
    are also sometimes lazy and don't come as shredded as they should the day of the contest. so you have to keep that in mind...definition,
    maybe more than anything else, makes or brakes a bodybuilder.
    The only flaw that really stands out with you is your back. Now, I am sure that it really is your weak bodypart, but I am also
    convinced that there is something about the way you pose that doesn't do your back any justice. My advice to you is to find a seasoned
    competitor in your area and ask him to teach you how to pose. Posing is another thing that has GREAT importance.

And the following advice I may not be liked for, but please keep in mind that i only tell you this because you want to compete:
    since you are already "juicing" i would suggest that you add insulin and gh prior to the contest. There was a great article about this
    on www.mesorx.com. The thing is a couple of weeks of that can really make a huge difference, especially on keeping size and hardness up
    to the contest day.

ItalianMuscle is offline Senior Member
    Keep It up Bro.. Looking Great !

Thanks for all the nice comments bros!

And thanks for the thoughtful reply Rochamp. I was actually hoping you would take the time to critique me. You're right that my posing sucks. I have never done a show, never had anyone coach me on this, or watched posing videos, yet. In the next few months, I'm going to be working with an experienced local competitor who has placed in the top 15 in the super-heavies at the NPC Nationals the last 2 years. He's going to help me with posing practice, diet, training, etc, etc in preparation for this show. I'm 6'1", so I have a long torso and limbs. In order for me to look really big, I need to have 20"+ arms and 30"+ thighs, where a shorter bodybuilder can look twice as big with 17" arms and 26" thighs. I will point out 1 thing....my genetics absolutely suck ass (some people on this board may think different, but I disagree). My father is 5'8" and 145, my mother is 5'5"....somehow I am 6'1". When I stop bodybuilding, I look terrible. I get fat very easily, which is why I stay on a clean diet all year round. For all the effort I put into this, my wife even says I should be a lot bigger. But, I don't slack when it comes to training or eating at all...my family and friends get annoyed at how centered I am around meals and training. I have never dieted down below 7% BF, so I will need some help. The AS will help a lot, but I am a little nervous about adding gh and especially insulin . Just reading about the risks have scared me. The only way I would do them is if I had a bro personally experienced in this that could advise me. I know that in my experience with AS, all the myths were expelled after I experienced it myself so it's probably the same with gh and slin. Anyway, you are an inspiration and I appreciate the feedback bro. I will keep everyone posted up to the show! Thanks all...

Quote Originally Posted by RoChamp
    i would like to say that you have goo overall mass. now, you know that you look good, i know it, and everyone else around hre seems to know it,
    i won't comment on your photos from a day to day point of view, but i will comment on your phisique as a future competitor.
    i have competed a lot and i have seen a lot of people compete and i know that those who have an easy time being lean year round
    are also sometimes lazy and don't come as shredded as they should the day of the contest. so you have to keep that in mind...definition,
    maybe more than anything else, makes or brakes a bodybuilder.
    The only flaw that really stands out with you is your back. Now, I am sure that it really is your weak bodypart, but I am also
    convinced that there is something about the way you pose that doesn't do your back any justice. My advice to you is to find a seasoned
    competitor in your area and ask him to teach you how to pose. Posing is another thing that has GREAT importance.

And the following advice I may not be liked for, but please keep in mind that i only tell you this because you want to compete:
    since you are already "juicing" i would suggest that you add insulin and gh prior to the contest. There was a great article about this
    on www.mesorx.com. The thing is a couple of weeks of that can really make a huge difference, especially on keeping size and hardness up
    to the contest day.

RoChamp is offline New Member
    i am glad to hear that you are taking your contest very sriously and if you ever need any advice or feedback please feel free to pm me

thanks bro...I'll be in touch later, I'm sure

Quote Originally Posted by RoChamp
    i am glad to hear that you are taking your contest very sriously and if you ever need any advice or feedback please feel free to pm me

LostUp is offline Associate Member
    Looking great, as usual pump, good luck on the weight gain and your contest!

mass junkie is offline banned
    Impressive as always Pump.....

jasonbbflex is offline Junior Member
    Pump, very impressive at 220! Look like you're having some vasc already. Since you're bulking, why not go for the food and the heavy lifts for the next 6 weeks; then you'll get ripped back for the 6 weeks prior to the show. Your skin looks thin right now, so by the time you're really cuttng up you should be ultra vasc. Sounds like you have a good advisor on the posing -- what music will you use?

MachZ is offline Member
    Very impressive bro. It's hard to imagine you can gain fat really easy with a body like yours but just goes to show how determind you are to keep in shape.

dam225 is offline Associate Member
    Looking large and tight as usual!!!!.....do you know what show you are doing yet?

D

Bigboy123 is offline Senior Member
    Lookin awsome bro....Keep up the good work....

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Great job pump....lookin' great as always.

Good luck on the up coming show,make us all proud

All the best

DB

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Looking swole. Good luck with the show this spring! Very inspiring, I think I will go workout now :-)

FCECC2 is offline Anabolic Member
    awesome pump

Devourer is offline Senior Member
    good luck on the show. you should do well if you have someone walking you through it. its nice to have someone show you how to do things right. no need to try to make it by yourself and get a bad start.

Quote Originally Posted by dam225
    Looking large and tight as usual!!!!.....do you know what show you are doing yet?

D
    NPC Pitt...I know it's a tough show, especially for a first timer, but a friend of mine convinced me that's the one I should do.

And thanks again bros for all the confidence boosters...I will need them for this show!

Quote Originally Posted by jasonbbflex
    Sounds like you have a good advisor on the posing -- what music will you use?
    I haven't got that far yet...but I could use some suggestions!

Bartleby is offline Member
    awesome physique bro, if youre that lean when you bulk i can only imagine how cut up you can get...keep up the good work and good luck in the contest...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information