Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RockyX is offline Senior Member
    Wow thanks bro. I recently adjusted my diet, both for workout and non-workout days. Please take a look and tell me what you think. I will post them below.

Cutting Diet
    Workout Days

Meal 1: 3 whole large eggs scramble 303 calorie 21 protein 3 carbs 21 fat
    1 scoop pro rated protein 120 calories 22 protein 4 carbs 1.5 fat

Meal 2: scoops Pro Rated Shake 240 calories 44 protein 8 carbs 3 fat 1 tablespoon Flax Oil 130 calories 0 protein 0 carbs 14 fat

WORK OUT
    Meal 3: 2 scoops Pro Rated Shake 240 calories 44 protein 8 carbs 3 fat
    3 tablespoons Honey 180 calories 0 protein 51 carbs 0 fat

Meal 4: 1 Chicken Breast 250 calories 38 protein 0 carbs 11 fat
    100g Sweet Potato 118 calories 2 protein 28 carbs 0 fat

Meal 5: 1 Chicken Breat 250 calories 38 protein 0 carbs 11 fat

Meal 6: 2 scoops Pro Rated Shake 240 calories 44 protein 8 carbs 3 fat
    1 tablespoon Flax Oil 130 calories 0 protein 0 carbs 14 fat

TOTALS

2,201 calories
    253g protein
    110g carbs
    81.5g fats

That's for workout days. Only difference for non workout days is, no prewo shake. Meal 2 is a Detour Bar. No Sweet potatoe ppwo. Carbs are 50g on non-workout days. Should I drop the eggs for breakfast on these days (no cardio) and eat oatmeal instead so I can get more carbs on non-workout days?

RP7
    RP7 is offline Member
    Rocky I just send you a PM because you hadn't updated your old thread in ages and I wanted to find out whats up..... ignore that though.

Wanted to ask you how the vascularity is at 10% BF becuase you cant tell much from those pics...?

RP7
    RP7 is offline Member
    BTW well done my friend

Hehe thanks bro. Too late though, I already pm'd you back hehe. anyways, I am getting mad veins in my forearms, and one coming out on my shoulder. I also have one on both hips starting to come out. I'm upping the carbs now though, so not sure if all that will stay...hope so though.

donanderson is offline New Member
    gj, nice job on your cutting but i wouldnt trust those electric bf% scales. When i was about 3weeks out from my competition one of those $100000 fancy sharper image scales read my bf% at 23%. Wat ever, your still cutting down nicely! good luck and keep up the great work.

RP7
    RP7 is offline Member
    Rocky I forgot to ask hows the strength doing... I know you have put up some very large numbers before and was wondering if you bench/squat/deadlift has changed???

Cause for me that would be the worst part of cutting - the loss of strength - I couldnt care less if my bis shrunk... as long as I get my #'s

Just starting out is offline New Member
    Your about where I'm at, so I think you look great for that. Keep it up bro!!!!!!!!

Thanks bros! And RP7, when I first started cutting and getting all this protein I had never recieved before I added about 10 lbs. to all of my lifts. Since then progress is kind of stagnant. But I guess that's what you can expect when cutting.

InsaneInTheMembrane is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    SUGGESTION IN CAPS

Quote Originally Posted by RockyX
    Cutting Diet
    Workout Days

Meal 1: 3 whole large eggs scramble 303 calorie 21 protein 3 carbs 21 fat
    1 scoop pro rated protein 120 calories 22 protein 4 carbs 1.5 fat
    (PUT OIL HERE!)
    Meal 2: scoops Pro Rated Shake 240 calories 44 protein 8 carbs 3 fat 1 tablespoon Flax Oil 130 calories 0 protein 0 carbs 14 fat
    (I WOULD SUB THE SHAKE FOR TUNA OR CHICKEN, MOVE THE OIL TO MEAL 1 AND ADD 50G OATS...IF YOU CARB DEPLETE BETWEEN AM CARDIO AND WORKOUT..U R SETTING URSELF UP FOR CATABOLISM IMO..)

WORK OUT
    Meal 3: 2 scoops Pro Rated Shake 240 calories 44 protein 8 carbs 3 fat
    3 tablespoons Honey 180 calories 0 protein 51 carbs 0 fat
    (GOOD TO GO!)
    Meal 4: 1 Chicken Breast 250 calories 38 protein 0 carbs 11 fat
    100g Sweet Potato 118 calories 2 protein 28 carbs 0 fat
    (i WOULD SUB 150G MIXED STEAMED VEGGIES AND 125 G COOKED BROWN RICE FOR THE SWEET POTATO)
    Meal 5: 1 Chicken Breat 250 calories 38 protein 0 carbs 11 fat

Meal 6: 2 scoops Pro Rated Shake 240 calories 44 protein 8 carbs 3 fat
    1 tablespoon Flax Oil 130 calories 0 protein 0 carbs 14 fat
    (I WOULD SUB THE SHAKE FOR TUNA OR CHICKEN)
    TOTALS

2,201 calories
    253g protein
    110g carbs
    81.5g fats

That's for workout days. Only difference for non workout days is, no prewo shake. Meal 2 is a Detour Bar (NO NO NO!...HAVE TUNA/CHICKEN) No Sweet potatoe ppwo. Carbs are 50g on non-workout days (IMO U SHOULDNT CHANGE IT CUZ UR BODY GETS CONFUSED...INSTEAD ALLOCATE YOUR CARBS EQUALLY THROUGHOUT THE DAY). Should I drop the eggs for breakfast on these days (no cardio) and eat oatmeal instead so I can get more carbs on non-workout days? (SOUNDS GREAT)
    I would like to repeat that my suggestions are based on what is working for me...your body is different and may react differently...you could give my tips a spin for a cupla days and if nothing else, at least you can compare the old eating way to the new and see which is better. Also, I would definitely get more opinions from the bros on the diet board..they have broader experience in dealing with different body types..i am my own guinea pig

Well I would just like to say that you guys were completely right. At the time of this post I had been struggling to get below 9.8%. I was bouncing back and forth between 10% and 9.8%. Since then I have upped my carbs by 35g and EFA's by 15g, adding nearly 300 calories to my diet daily. I have been doing that for the last week, and am now at 9.4%. I guess the complete lack of carbs may have halted my metabolism at that point?? Anyways, just another comparison between my 2nd week of diet (approx 16% bf) and now my 9th week (9.4% bf)...in all honesty, am I doing okay?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Me at approx. 9%. Plan from here????? Help.-week2stand2.jpg   Me at approx. 9%. Plan from here????? Help.-absapril7two.jpg  

And just to let you know I plan on cutting for a maximum of 4 more weeks. What do you guys think?

someday is offline Member
    i definatly think you looking cut and its totally up to you but i would start a super clean bulking diet. Pumpseekers was in here somewhere and from what i read about it a while back it was awesome at maintaining his low bf. I think if you could maintain this bf% or at least under 13 or so to keep the abs and try and get closer to 190 you would be pimpin big time. Again im the same height and that my goal but again it may not be yours. In any case again congrats on the amazing progess and im currently using your original cutting or pretty close to it for the next at least two weeks to see how its working for me....

best of luck.

Yeah bro, that's kinda what I was thinking. I'm going to hit a nice clean bulk, I just can't decided when to start. I'm thinking about 2-3 weeks from now, but I'm wondering if I should eat to maintain for a while, before I hit my bulk...All things I'll have to think about I guess.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    i'd definitely say start now. The lower you get the bigger rebound you're going to have when you increase your calories to bulk.

So lowering body fat from here would essentially be useless if my goal is to bulk up, but not go over 12%? If so I will start my bulk this weekend.

palequail is offline Banned
    I'd definity start eating a lot more...clean calories at that......you don't wanna shrink too much.....just train super heavy and do some cardio and eat clean..

nynsb is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by palequail
    I'd definity start eating a lot more...clean calories at that......you don't wanna shrink too much.....just train super heavy and do some cardio and eat clean..

Definitely try the bulk, that extra muscle you add might help burn off the last of the pooch and love handle fat.
    If you cut anymore right now you are just gonna look skinny up top with a little spare tire around the lower abs.
    Try some hanging leg raises and some weighten twisting move.
    Make sure to keep doing cardio while bulking
    Good luck you are making great progress now its just time to fine tune it for summer, babes and the beach.

InsaneInTheMembrane is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    oh nevermind
    Last edited by InsaneInTheMembrane; 04-09-2004 at 02:07 AM.

sepjuice is offline Anabolic Member
    look good bro. got any before pics..

I do have some before pics. Depends on what you are looking for though, I will go ahead and post both. The first pic is me 11 months ago. Second is me 8 weeks ago, and third is me now. Definately lost some muscle, but I feel I've lost even more fat, I'm at 9.2% as of right now, I am continuing to up my carbs and plan on being on an all out (clean) bulk as of the end of next week.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Me at approx. 9%. Plan from here????? Help.-may2003me.jpg   Me at approx. 9%. Plan from here????? Help.-week1stand.jpg   Me at approx. 9%. Plan from here????? Help.-april9abs.jpg  

nynsb is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyX
    I do have some before pics. Depends on what you are looking for though, I will go ahead and post both. The first pic is me 11 months ago. Second is me 8 weeks ago, and third is me now. Definately lost some muscle, but I feel I've lost even more fat, I'm at 9.2% as of right now, I am continuing to up my carbs and plan on being on an all out (clean) bulk as of the end of next week.
    Dude you have truly stuck to your word!!!
    Apparently hard work does pay off along with diet and discipline.
    Can you believe that you were getting ready to go on the beach looking like that???

He he, nope it's kinda hard to believe. I thought I looked prett good at the time being hehe. But again, it was people like yourself and the other bros on this board that kept me going, and I feel like I owe 100% of my progress to this board and the bros on it. Just a quick update for ya, I'm gradually upping my carbs. For the last week I have been getting around 250g of carbs (none after 6 o'clock). I have gained about 3 lbs, but my bf% is still 9.5%. I'm gonna stick with 250g for another week or two and see what happens, wish me luck on my clean bulk!

RP7
    RP7 is offline Member
    Fcuking do it up Rocky! Kick some ass and take no prisoners

RP7
    RP7 is offline Member
    BTW awesome progress.... I know I've said it b4, but if you got those delts and lats to grow you'd change the way your upper body looks.

V-taper or die!!!! sorry, thats my philosophy

I feel the same way bro, I've been blasting the hell out of them, trust me, I've made serious progress on the lats. I can actually tell I have some now hehe. I was a little flat in all my weeks of cutting, but now that I've upped the carbs I feel and look a lot fuller. I will never cut carbs to the tune of 50-80gs a day again.

Here is lat spread difference beginning to end. Not sure there's much of a size difference but the v-taper has improved and definately more definition........
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Me at approx. 9%. Plan from here????? Help.-backfinish.jpg   Me at approx. 9%. Plan from here????? Help.-aprilback.jpg  
    Last edited by RockyX; 04-15-2004 at 08:54 AM.

Hyperlite is offline Associate Member
    are you using any thermogenic supplements?

Great work, i think i remember your thread from week 1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information