Thread: Read/Unread PMs

johnsomebody is offline Senior Member

Read/Unread PMs

Hey Jason (or whoever is doing this now!)

Whenever I send a PM at AR it requests a "Read Receipt" and if I recall correctly it just won't send it unless I say "yes". What I've noticed is that if I go to my "Sent" folder, any message I send is immediately listed as "read" even though I know it wasn't, I just SENT it!

Or maybe I'm just missing something? It seems like something's not working right there.

Thanks!

ttuPrincess Guest
    the box that comes up afterwards is asking if you want a reciept.. the pm is still sent even if you select no.. once you hit the send button.. its gone

ttuPrincess Guest
    or atleast thats my understanding of how it works

Well, my problem is that if you go over to the "Sent" folder you'll see that all of the PMs are marked with the "Read" envelope, independent of whether they actually have been or not. It's misleading.

Turns out you have to go over to the left column and click on "Track Messages" to find your actual "Read" receipts.

ttuPrincess Guest
    yup!

Well, the problem is that all the Sent messages show the little envelope that indicates they were read to their left on the "Sent" page, even though they haven't been.

ttuPrincess Guest
    no that means you have read them.. if you look at the highlighted link when your in your pm box that says XX number of confirmed reciepts and XX number not yet read (somehting like that) click there and you can see when they were read

Oh yeah, that highlighted link is the same as if you click "Track Messages" from the left column.

I still don't get the little "Read Message" envelopes under Sent Items -how could I NOT have read them? You all probably can't control that anyway but it still seems misleading to me.

wired-up is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsomebody
    I still don't get the little "Read Message" envelopes under Sent Items -how could I NOT have read them? You all probably can't control that anyway but it still seems misleading to me.
    some of that has to do with the cookies in your browser too i think.

Thread Information