LaLaBell is offline Female Member

Female 1st Anavar Cycle

Hello! I started my first cycle of anavar 10/21.
    I have been weightlifting for 3 1/2 years, and have a decent strength base but have hit the wall and am looking to see strength increase as well as build lean mass. I train 2-3 hours a day, 5 days a week weightlifting, as well as run 1/2 mile every day.
    I'm at 1850 calorie intake, 160 g protein, 40-50g fat, 100-140g carbs
    I eat clean and train hard.
    Current Measurements:
    age 29
    weight 137
    height 5'6
    chest 34
    bicep 11
    shoulder 19
    waist 27
    hip 36
    thigh 21
    calf 14.5

Current strength:

Backsquat: 220
    Front Squat: 195
    deadlift: 230
    press: 80
    snatch: 108
    Clean: 150
    Jerk: 145

So far I am on day 4, and haven't really noticed any difference. Last night a little trouble sleeping.
    I look forward to the cycle and any advice anyone has to offer.
    Thanks =)

saymass003 is offline Female Member
    Welcome
    I am at the end of week 6 of my first cycle and insomnia has been with me since week 2. I have learned that I can't take my second dose close to bedtime or I will be awake all night.

Thanks, I will have to keep that in mind and maybe adjust my dose times. I've been taking it immediately before bed. Good to know.
    So far I'm sticking with the same macros I was using before, just a 30g increase in protein. I want to increase strength and lean mass but shed some body fat. Any advice on this? Should I cut fat or carbs lower? My carb sources now are brown rice, sweet potato, squash, quinoa, ezekiel bread. Fat sources- avocado, nut butters, olive/coconut oil.

supafreky is offline Female Member
    Thanks for posting; I have yet to gain female only access so am happy to be able to read this. I am thinking about taking Anavar myself. Are you taking anything else with it? Just 10MG/day? Also, may I ask what brand you are using? Thank you and good luck!

jdc91gt is offline Senior Member
    Welcome to the community.

Right now only anavar and 10mg/day to start. Not sure what brand it is- my boyfriend got it for me from a source he trusts. It is liquid.
    Day 5:
    I adjusted my dose times to a few hours before bed and was able to sleep better last night. My water intake has definitely upped to over 1 gal a day.
    The gym today is the first time I noticed anything, small stuff like empty bar warmups felt exceptionally light and when i got to my
    heavier weights I was able to snatch 3# under my 1RM for a double and then 5# under my 1RM front squat for a triple.
    Not sure if this is the var kicking in(think its a little too soon for that), or the training program I'm on, but it felt good.

day 21 update
    upped dose on day 14 to 20 mg/day
    have definitely noticed a strength increase in the gym. been able to do multiple reps of all my previous 1 rep maxes as well as seeing an increase of around 5#/week on my multiple rep max sets. I've tried to up my mobilization and soft tissue work to compensate for the extra load i'm putting on my body.
    I've noticed my traps and back coming in more, and my legs are definitely getting bigger
    My waist went up 1/2 inch but i'm seeing more abs and I feel more solid.
    weight: 138
    chest 34
    bicep 11.5
    shoulder 19
    waist 27.5
    hip 36
    thigh 21.5
    calf 14.5

Diet I went to 2000 calorie,
    160-200 g protien
    Less than 100 g carbs on non training days, around 160g carbs on training days
    40-45 g fat

I feel like I have more energy now with the diet change.
    Looking forward to the next few weeks!

saymass003 is offline Female Member
    Can I ask why you decided to go up to 20mg? I am currently on my taper down week. I never went over 10mg and I had oustanding results.

I went two weeks without much difference in performance and was still getting sore and taking a while to recover after workouts, as well as feeling like i was lacking endurance. I have liquid, so we tried to test it but the test didn't come out (we're thinking because of the solution it was in) So I decided to bump the doasge a bit and see if I felt/saw any different results

Sergio727 is offline Junior Member
    Everything end up ok? My gf wants to try 10-20mgs and she thinks shes gunna grow a penis lol

tdoe11 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LaLaBell
    I went two weeks without much difference in performance and was still getting sore and taking a while to recover after workouts, as well as feeling like i was lacking endurance. I have liquid, so we tried to test it but the test didn't come out (we're thinking because of the solution it was in) So I decided to bump the doasge a bit and see if I felt/saw any different results
    I emailed labmax, I also had liquid anavar (which turned out to be dbol ), and they said you can test a liquid just the same as a powder or a pill. Just aim for around 1-2 mgs into the test. For your info

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by LaLaBell
    Hi!!! Any water retention?

Other gals say they cut on var. I see your experience is more body recomp. Nice.

Mp859 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Why would you jump from 10mg to 20mg? I would have went to 15mg.

I haven't had any sides besides a little insomnia which went away when I adjusted my does time to not be so close to bedtime, and skin it a little bit oily. So far so good though.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    Hi!!! Any water retention?

Other gals say they cut on var. I see your experience is more body recomp. Nice.
    As far as water retention, I have a little softness on the hip/love handle area and a little on the thigh but that could just as well be from the calorie/carb increase.
    Mp859-
    I researched quite a few female first experiences with var and the most common jump I saw was to 20 mg.
    We decided to get pill form, since the liquid test results weren't clear.

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Welcome.

Juced_porkchop is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LaLaBell View Post
    Thanks, I will have to keep that in mind and maybe adjust my dose times. I've been taking it immediately before bed. Good to know.
    So far I'm sticking with the same macros I was using before, just a 30g increase in protein. I want to increase strength and lean mass but shed some body fat. Any advice on this? Should I cut fat or carbs lower? My carb sources now are brown rice, sweet potato, squash, quinoa, ezekiel bread. Fat sources- avocado, nut butters, olive/coconut oil.
    your list of sources made me soo hungry : (
    Have you ever researched :carb cycling for fatloss" ? I would rec it. Love the guilt free cheat days too : P

2 1/2 weeks since I switched over to pill form, up to 141, definitely notice a difference in traps, shoulders, legs, back and starting to see a little change in chest and triceps. Started to add in more accessory work in addition to my main lifts. So far so good and no sides.took a couple progress pics and can see a difference. Seeing improvements on my strength and endurance, as well as recovery time.
    I was thinking to run through the whole cycle on a surplus before I cut down to maximize strength gains. Any thoughts on this?

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by LaLaBell View Post
    2 1/2 weeks since I switched over to pill form, up to 141, definitely notice a difference in traps, shoulders, legs, back and starting to see a little change in chest and triceps. Started to add in more accessory work in addition to my main lifts. So far so good and no sides.took a couple progress pics and can see a difference. Seeing improvements on my strength and endurance, as well as recovery time.
    I was thinking to run through the whole cycle on a surplus before I cut down to maximize strength gains. Any thoughts on this?
    Some girls have done the same. You can adjust as you go….

Thread Information