AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member

Question Propecia and cuts

anybody here take propecia and have trouble losing weight?

MMC78 is offline Senior Member
    It has been known to elevate estrogen levels (a side effect of more free T). Personally, when I was on it, I noticed a little bit more bodyfat, but it wasn't anything that couldn't be explained through diet or activity changes.

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AnabolicBoy1981
    anybody here take propecia and have trouble losing weight?
    To simply answer your question, no. Too many variables that could be addressed, diet being the key

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    My little bro takes it hes 20 y/o but has some thinning. Anyway he has trouble getting cut and his diet is a clean keto diet(not high fat and no dairy) and has been running 6 miles a day for the last 3 weeks and the weight didnt even change.
    He just went off his propecia a few days ago cuz he's sick of looking soft. He uses rogain. Is there anything else that can be taken instead of propecia? I read in Ironman mag that they have this new DHT blocker that goes on the scalp. As apposed to apill which effects the whole system. Problem is it hasn't come to the states yet.

enzo is offline New Member
    Hi, In response to your question I have taken proscar/propecia for 5 years now and in the past have found it very difficult to loose body fat, my diet was spot on lots of aerobic and strength and still no go below 17 percent. Having read all the information available it appears to me that body fat can be reduced but at a much slower rate than when not taking it. However at least the hair loss should be stopping which is a plus. I have not heard of any topical dht blocker that works as well as finasteride orally but the old favorites of nizoral, spironalactone and regain seem to have some action.A very good way of maximizing the volume of thin hair is toppik powder it binds to the shaft and resists rain etc, the only downside being you must apply daily, but as your brother is only 20 any port in a storm may help in increasing self confidence. Best of luck,enz.

SMYL_GR8 is offline Senior Member
    Strange, I've never heard of this side effect. I've been taking it for 5+ years and have no problem cutting, but I'm naturally very lean and always got ripped with very little effort so now I'm wondering if the pro IS having an effect but I just don't realize it. I've been considering going off of it anyway and just doing plugs in the front and rogaine in the back.

aNuBiS99 is offline Associate Member
    Well I know this thread is really old, but I have something to add as far as a question goes. Couldnt some nolva be taken with the propecia to prevent the extra estrogen conversion?

Thread Information