Milestone is offline Junior Member

Lower end of Normal Test should I do TRT/HRT ???????

I have a question Im 41 yrs and training 5 years now and just had my blood tests done and they are by what I know on the low side of normal at TotalTestosterone: 12.4nmol/L ( 10.4-31.3 nmol/L) or 359.7 ng/dl( 300-1050ng/dl) , would it be a benifit to go onto a small TRT/HRT continued cycle to boost my levels up for the benifits or continue with my ASS cycles and do PCT and forget the idea and wait see how my levels are at a older age ??, Im really not sure which way is best and the reasons behind this if our levels drop as we get older why not a weekly small dose of Test ?? wouldnt this be a benifit , Im sure its got something to do with the shut down of my natural test levels , but would appreciate being cleared up on this.

Bump this to get some answers hopefully today.

Rocket is offline Senior Member
    Ask the Dr. who did the blood test what you should do. If you can get a script it is legal and it you have a insurance program it my be covered!

bigjohnr is offline Associate Member
    Bump, I am 44 and have been speaking to HRT companies. They all say that you can go on a low dose year round to keep your test levels were they need to be. But I have the same concerns that you have. I would love to hear from someone that has done it for a few years.

Thanks fellas for the words it all helps bigjohn if you find out anything on this let us know I am going to ask my doctor but will take some time to get a appointment thus wanting to know prior what may be the best ways to go I will drop you a Pm when I get some clear info on this , anymore advice welcome , i m sure theres alot of guys wanting to know the same thing who are just border line as us !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAJB is offline New Member
    I have been on HRT for a year, and it has made a big difference in my life. I have had no problems yet. Going in for test again March 1st. Levels were at 200 when I started.

Thank AAJB for your imput your test levels were quite low , so you defently would have gained from the HRT ,

What I would like to know is if it is neccesary or a advantage for someone with lower end of normal Test levels to start HRT ??????????// i just cannot get any feedback on this at all , am I in the wrong post ??

woodiechopper is offline Associate Member
    I'll try to help. I had a similar level to you before starting HRT. After, I started putting on muscle more easily and had more energy. My levels now run around 1400 or so, so basically at the top end of the range. Some doctors think 300 is normal -- normal for tired, old, weak men.

The only disadvantage I can see of doing HRT is that it might suppress even further your production but if you're already at that level, what do you have to lose?

Happy to answer other questions.

Thanks for that imput woodiechopper , point taken and am seriously thinking of going with the HRT , options , anyone else with these experiences ???

silvermaxd is offline New Member
    I'm thinking about HRT also...just turning 40 and the bodyfat just won't seem to go away no matter how much dieting,cardio and lifting I do. Starting to even notice fat on my arms...WTF!! I have'nt had A blood test yet but I seriously thinking about it. I was always against any drugs because of the health hazards and all I really wanted was a nice muscular build and not be huge. I still have a good amount of muscle but the fat just won't come off. I hold on to fat like an ole women. So the HRT looks like something I should look at. I got off the ECA stack that I've been on for years thinking that maybe this was doing more harm than good by shuting down my metabolism. Now I'm taking Tongkat Ali(since sat. @1500mg 50:1 feeling nothing yet) and acetyl-l-carnitine.

I found a few endocrinologists on my doctors list close to home and thinking about making an appointment. I wish somebody could recommend one in my area.

Rocket is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by woodiechopper
    I'll try to help. I had a similar level to you before starting HRT. After, I started putting on muscle more easily and had more energy. My levels now run around 1400 or so, so basically at the top end of the range. Some doctors think 300 is normal -- normal for tired, old, weak men.

The only disadvantage I can see of doing HRT is that it might suppress even further your production but if you're already at that level, what do you have to lose?

Happy to answer other questions.
    I would agree completly, I have been on over a year now no problems!

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Guys I am 50, I have done two cycles in the last 18 months and I am now cruising between cycles with 80mg Test E which is keeping my levels at about 1000. I have the body of a 30 year old and the sex drive of a 20 year old. I will never come off. As long as you get your blood tests done every three months to make sure everything is in working order, not just Test either, I mean everything, then go for it.

Triposinator is offline Associate Member
    All it takes is 80mg perweek to sustain 1000 of free test?

Sounds interesting Kale. Do you plan on doing cycles going forward?

Quote Originally Posted by Kale
    Guys I am 50, I have done two cycles in the last 18 months and I am now cruising between cycles with 80mg Test E which is keeping my levels at about 1000. I have the body of a 30 year old and the sex drive of a 20 year old. I will never come off. As long as you get your blood tests done every three months to make sure everything is in working order, not just Test either, I mean everything, then go for it.

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Quote Originally Posted by Triposinator
    All it takes is 80mg perweek to sustain 1000 of free test?

Sounds interesting Kale. Do you plan on doing cycles going forward?
    Well thats all its taking for me and I have the blood tests to prove it. Just goes to show you dont need a lot of Test E to grow. I am going to continue to cycel as well. My third starts on Jan 2 next year. I will be doing Test E, Deca and Var as well as four weeks of IGF which I havnt tried before. HGH will be next.

Triposinator is offline Associate Member
    Nothing to prove to me bud. Wasn't doubting you Kale. That is Anavar right? I'm 3/4s through my 1st ever cycle - Test E, with just a bit of HcG , and very curious about how to keep this great feeling going. Test before the cycle was around 480, of course now its through the roof. 1100, or there abouts would probably be fine for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kale
    Well thats all its taking for me and I have the blood tests to prove it. Just goes to show you dont need a lot of Test E to grow. I am going to continue to cycel as well. My third starts on Jan 2 next year. I will be doing Test E, Deca and Var as well as four weeks of IGF which I havnt tried before. HGH will be next.

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Don't do it, do PCT, you can make it worst and believe me HRT is what you think it is. You have to take a shot at least every 2 weeks to feel normal. It can be a drag, do all you can to not have to be on HRT

JohnnyB

Thread Information