Thread: Cutting Fat

kobudo101 is offline New Member

Cutting Fat

Ok, I'm working on a good diet I can live with to cut fat. I'm 6'2 and Weigh 255 as of today. So far my diet is like this.

5:30am 3oz of Turkey in a wrap or a Protein Bar with 1 can of red bull(it's my coffee) Followed by a bottle of water.

8:30am 3oz Turkey in a wrap or 3oz of tuna with wheat crackers with water.

Lunch around 11:30 - Fish or Chicken with some type of Vegetable or Large Can of Tuna w/wheat crackers or a Roasted Chicken Sandwich from Subway. 1 Diet coke.

2:30pm - Turkey wrap and water

Supper around 6:00 Chicken breast and 1 cup of Brocolli.

I started taking clen this week, first thing in the morning. I love the diet so far but am open for suggestions. I currently walk 1.5 miles 3 times a week. Going to start weights tomorrow. Weights will be 3 times a week.

Any suggestions, criticims, or advice?? When should I add Protein Shakes??

JohnboyF is offline Banned
    Bro,

Get of clen .. You need a good diet for clen to work. and IMO your diet is terrible. Please look at the cutting sticky....

1) your not eating enough at all

Quote Originally Posted by kobudo101
    Ok, I'm working on a good diet I can live with to cut fat. I'm 6'2 and Weigh 255 as of today. So far my diet is like this.

5:30am 3oz of Turkey in a wrap or a Protein Bar with 1 can of red bull(it's my coffee) Followed by a bottle of water.
    Protien bars are total garbage saturated fats, unusable protien and oils. Redbull is it sugar free? i doubt it so you just had sugar and choclate pretty much.. not good. how bout egg whites and oatmeal

Lunch around 11:30 - Fish or Chicken with some type of Vegetable or Large Can of Tuna w/wheat crackers or a Roasted Chicken Sandwich from
    Subway. 1 Diet coke.

Drop the subway and crackers you need complex carbs (yams,oats, brown rice,grits)

What kind of wrap is this? Is it whole wheat at least?

This is your only decent meal.. I suggest use suppers for at least 3 meals in your day

Not enough food. You would add a shake after your workout.. but you have alot of work to do on your diet. I started taking clen this week, first thing in the morning. I love the diet so far but am open for suggestions. I currently walk 1.5 miles 3 times a week. Going to start weights tomorrow. Weights will be 3 times a week.

2bshredded is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FaizakaFez
    Bro,

Get of clen .. You need a good diet for clen to work. and IMO your diet is terrible. Please look at the cutting sticky....

1) your not eating enough at all

Hey dude...depends alot on your age, bf, history, etc.

What is your age and stats, what is your physical condition?

sonar1234 is offline Banned
    I acutally thew away my clen , i think that at a certain age theses compouds are hard on your body.

I had terrible side effects with clen i am 34 and ever since i reach 29 i have been having trouble with fat burners ephedrine and clen, i dont know what happened but my body just doesnt take them anymore.

kobudo101 is offline New Member
    I'm 36, I'm not sure what my BF% is. I know it's pretty high. I'm supposed to have it checked sometime next week. I used to compete in MMA a few years ago. I stayed around 195-205. I had some trouble with my back and over the last 5 years I've had 2 sugerys. I couldn't workout or anything and I got really lazy. I came to the realization a few weeks ago that I'm only 36 and don't like the way I am. (FAT) I'm not old and refuse to give in to what I have become. I took a vacation week before last and part of the vacation was getting my mind set on what I needed to do to get my life back. I'm new to having to lose this much weight, I've never weighed so much in my life. I hate it. Maye the clen isn't a good idea. I get the occasional cramp now and then. But nothing major. I started out at 262lbs. In one week I'm down 7lbs. It seems to be working for me, but I also understand my diet could be wrong. When I start with weights I'm sure I'll have to eat more and change it up. It'll all be a slow process of getting into a routine. I've seen a lot of workouts and diets fail just because it's rough getting into a routine. As always, I appreciate any advice....

spicyer is offline Associate Member
    Initially on that diet you will lose weight, your depriving your body of calories. Calorie deprivation only goes so far. After awhile on this diet you will plateau and sometimes this causes discouragement which leads to stopping the diet.

Take a look at the suggestions FaizakaFez made. They are solid. Stoke your metabolism by eating more per day, but clean and healthy, as pointed out your carbs should be mainly complex and once you hit the weights eaten around your 3 hour window of opportunity pwo.

From expierience I will also suggest walk more per week 5 or six times with the new diet would be great. Are you doing your walks on an empty stomach in the am? Good luck!

CSAR is offline AR's Cunning Linguist
    I agree with Faiza about your diet. If your food comes with a brand name (i.e., RedBull, Subway, etc.), then get rid of it. You should be making your own meals using food bought from a supermarket. Granted, it'll require prep time, but it will be worth it!

Spicy also makes some good points. IMO, you need to be doing 45-60 mins of cardio (walking, stairs, cycle) on an empty stomach after waking up at least 5 times a week. Not sure about your schedule, but hitting the weights later in the day will also help your metabolism.

You got my sympathy and understanding about the back problems. I completely ruptured L5-S1 and herniated L4-L5. I developed extreme post-op spinal scar tissue, in addition to severe nerve damage. Now I'm a 40% VA rated disabled vet. If you've got the will to succeed and the discipline to back it up, then you'll meet your goal. Just give it time bro.

Best wishes and good luck!!
    Last edited by CSAR; 09-22-2006 at 09:33 AM.

boxingbean is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kobudo101

Lunch around 11:30 - Fish or Chicken with some type of Vegetable or Large Can of Tuna w/wheat crackers or a Roasted Chicken Sandwich from Subway. 1 Diet coke.

I started taking clen this week, first thing in the morning. I love the diet so far but am open for suggestions. I currently walk 1.5 miles 3 times a week. Going to start weights tomorrow. Weights will be 3 times a week.

INO......throw sum more cardio in there, try the eliptical...30 mins 3x a wk or sumthin close

Thread Information