DROY is offline Associate Member

57 year old - two cycles

First a few stats;
    57 years old (58 in three weeks)
    6 foot tall
    220 lbs
    ~18 % bf
    I have been in and out of gyms for all my life and played a variety of sports at very competitive levels.
    Shortly after my 56th birthday I decided to have a look at steroids . I was in the gym regularly but the gains weren't coming like they were when I was younger.

I spent about 8 months researching the subject, and a little before my 57th birthday I decided to pull the trigger. My body fat was a little high but I went ahead and decided to keep an eye on the sides and if there was a problem I would stop.

First cycle
    week 1 - 12 - test e - 250mg 2 x each week
    .5 mg arimidex every day
    HCG 250 iu 2 x each week
    week 13 and 14 test p 100mg eod
    .5 mg arimidex every day
    HCG 250 iu 2 x each week

PCT
    clomid 100/50/50/50
    nolva 40/20/20/20

Felt great during the cycle, libido was excellent (wife got a workout), had no sides and gained about 25 lbs. I finished my PCT at the end of Febuary. Unfortunately shortly thereafter I was injured (not in the gym) and I was unable to train for about a month. I still managed to keep between 5 and 8 lbs of lean mass. I was quite pleased with the cycle.

Blood test in june showed testosterone , cholesterol and blood pressure all good.

In late july I decided to do another cycle.

week 1 - 10 - test e - 250mg 2 x each week
    deca 200mg 2 x week (for joints as much as mass)
    .5 mg arimidex every day
    HCG 250 iu 2 x each week
    week 11 and 14 test p 100mg eod
    tren A 50 mg EOD (last minute addition)
    .5 mg arimidex every day
    HCG 250 iu 2 x each week

PCT
    clomid 100/50/50/50/50
    nolva 40/20/20/20/20/20

Felt great during the cycle, libido was excellent, had no sides until I added the tren, and gained about 20 lbs.
    The only sides I had from the tren was a little insomnia, and sweating buckets at night. I am now in the second week of PCT and I feel fine.

All of this is to show that with proper care and attention even the older generation can make use of steroids. Having said that I have to add a couple of caveats. I have been in gyms all my life and my tendons, ligaments and joints are used to the stresses. Someone who hasn't done enough training would be susceptible to joint and tendon injuries. The next thing is that we have to listen to our bodies. If there are any sides that aren't expect, or if the sides were too strong it is critical to stop everything. And this brings me to a final point. Have everything you need before you start. You never know when you may have to stop and you want your pct ready.

I will probably repeat the second cycle in the future, maybe late in the spring. I am going to get down to 15% bf. I won't go any lower than that because I will never compete and at 58 years old I suspect that having a %bf too low would cause other problems. I am looking forward to the next cycle (my wife a little less).
    Last edited by DROY; 11-16-2015 at 06:22 AM.

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Nice I think getting to 15 percent is a great idea and you will be really happy with the results. Good job on your research as well

vic1778 is offline Junior Member
    Good Job man...

Oki-Des is offline Anabolic Member
    Good post. You hit the nail on the head with many aspects we typically preach on here; especially with regards to having everything you need before you start. So many people think they can get something later or after a problem arises; which can turn into a total nightmare. We also do not typically recommend tren for a second cycle, due to its potency and I am glad you did not see any negative sides; other than what is always expected. I bet you loved it! As we get older and our test levels start to drop; we forget what it feels like to have test blasting through our systems again. I am a bit younger than you, but am in my late 40's and still love the lifestyle.

bloodchoke is offline Member
    Right on, man!
    I just turned 45 and am finishing my 2nd cycle (test/deca ) in ten days. I'm a very curious person; I'm a studious person; and I have an extensive history of rec drug abuse. AAS use allows me satisfies that weird combination of desires in a healthy way. And, preparing for and actually using gear is the first thing that has incentivized me to really clean up my diet--ever. I'm really into the lifestyle, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Oki-Des View Post
    Good post. You hit the nail on the head with many aspects we typically preach on here; especially with regards to having everything you need before you start. So many people think they can get something later or after a problem arises; which can turn into a total nightmare. We also do not typically recommend tren for a second cycle, due to its potency and I am glad you did not see any negative sides; other than what is always expected. I bet you loved it! As we get older and our test levels start to drop; we forget what it feels like to have test blasting through our systems again. I am a bit younger than you, but am in my late 40's and still love the lifestyle.
    Yeah, the tren was a last minute addition. I had thought about winny but it is supposed to be hard on the joints and I figured that my joints didn't need the extra stress. The tren was to cut up a little at the end, and it worked very well. I will probably repeat the same cycle in the late spring.

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I'm curious as to what your test levels are off cycle at 58 years old. Not sure I've heard of someone that age cycling and doing a PCT. Most go back on their TRT regimen. Good job.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1829.JPG 
Views:	265 
Size:	670.9 KB 
ID:	160905Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1857.JPG 
Views:	353 
Size:	830.5 KB 
ID:	160906Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1860.JPG 
Views:	256 
Size:	857.9 KB 
ID:	160907
    I don't remember the numbers from june but the values were normal for my age. I will be getting more bloods in mid to end february to confirm recovery from last cycle. I finished my last cycle about 8 weeks ago and did a PCT of 6 weeks because of the deca and tren . So I finished the PCT two weeks ago and libido and moods are great, and I only lost about five lbs the first couple of weeks after the cycle. I am maintaining at 220 lbs with diet and training. I would venture to add that my strength has increased marginally and fat has gone down slightly since the cycle. It may be imagination but it seems real. I would like to lose another 10 lbs of fat before another cycle.
    My last three sets of squats yesterday were 315 for 4 reps, and the leg press was 830 for 4 x 4 reps. I don't really feel 58...lol
    Last edited by DROY; 12-22-2015 at 08:04 AM.

Thread Information