Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BullDogg20 is offline Member
    Of course their is No Magical Gear, but i gotta say if you dont think they use at least 10 times the amount of gear as they did back, they you you need to rethink a few things.
    Its true Training Methods, and Nutrition as well as Steriods have changed tremendously since the 70's. But the Biggest Influence on the Size of Todays BodyBuilders is the Amount of gear they are taking today. and if its not, i Challenge any of the top pros out their to even cut their cycles to half the size of what they do now, and i can Guarante you will see them start to loose alot of size.

Here is a question to all those who think Nutrition is the Key factor in the size of todats Bodybuilders.

If Ronnie Coleman, took relativly the same cycles as some of the old schoolers did, but kept his same diet and routine, would he look that Massive and Shredded.\

I say no he wouldnt, not even close to what he is now.

thats just what i think though. *shrugs*

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    In Coleman's defense, he wouldn't have the gh abs if he did what they did in the 70's cuz they didn't use hgh back then. And now your taking away the number one critcism of Coleman.

jon rock is offline Associate Member
    ronnie coleman got dissed by everyone and came back too bitch slap that baby cutler.
    cutler thinks he has some preordained right to the throne screw him he has no heart.

PJAY71 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jon rock
    ronnie coleman got dissed by everyone and came back too bitch slap that baby cutler.
    cutler thinks he has some preordained right to the throne screw him he has no heart.
    WORD!!!

UrbanLegend is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoQuadzilla
    It's quite shocking... makes me wonder what bodybuilders will look like 20 years from now... or if it's even possible for the human body to get any bigger... time will tell i guess.
    I wonder the same thing. Its interesting because the amatures now days look better than the pros 10-20 years ago. What if thats how it is in 20 years, people will look at ronnie and say "Yeah, he had good size for BACK THEN." Crazy......

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    Quote Originally Posted by diablo27185
    Arnolds legs look like chicken legs compared to Colemans.
    arnolds legs look like chicken legs period..

Everyone has posted some good points.... no, excellent points.

But the key to it is nutrition and knowledge. Theres more now than there was in the 60's-70's

50%Natural is offline Respected Member
    i'm guessing the next biggest thing to hit this sport besides gh/slin/igf will be genetic dopping....pretty interesting stuff to insert super enhanced dna into someone and see what it can do

mc_line is offline New Member
    that just make us just imagine the huge amounts of drugs that Mr O consume today.........

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    Today's top bodybuilders couldnt successfully do a stomach vacuum pose if their lives depended on it...look at arnold and zane do it...its a thing of beauty.

mostmuscular1986 is offline New Member
    I'll agree on that Kaptain! I don't know how many of you have seen pumping iron? I'm sure a few of you have seen it and if so you will find that arnold never reached his genetic potential when it came to freaky size even for that era. He stated that his goals were to sculpt his body so his proportions were perfect. If he were to increase one musle by a half inch it would have to increase all over in other words he built himself to look as big as he could while keeping symetry. I'm sure if the old school bodybuilders ignored their waist size and just focused on sheer mass rather than aesthetics there would have been some much bigger bodybuilders back then too. The new look is to be as muscular and freaky as possible and thats fine because thats what the judges are looking for. Back in the 70's they weren't looking for just mass! This has been an interesting topic and although there are many different answers, none right or wrong its' fun to ponder over nevertheless

big&tall is offline Associate Member
    it is truly amazing yes it is there just getting bigger and bigger every year in ten years it will be wow cant even imagine

Testostack is offline Anabolic Member
    Arnie's aesthetic was close to perfection....but Big Ron's huge. Although some criticize the fact that his waist/abs are not so good, in proportions he's unmatchable

Plus, we, public, ask always for more, so i guess they pro feel like they "gotta" get bigger and bigger every year, without loosing sight of the shape too.
    Look at Badell's tri's almost twice bigger than Ron's.......shocked me at the last Mr O.

roar1 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LORDBLiTZ
    Arnold looks the best tho.

i agree.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainkeezy04
    Today's top bodybuilders couldnt successfully do a stomach vacuum pose if their lives depended on it...look at arnold and zane do it...its a thing of beauty.
    *cough* bullshit *cough*

Simply put.. it is no longer required so it is no longer practised.

Previously the double-biceps pose required an athelete to draw his abs upward and inward as part of the standard execution of the pose

This is no longer requested by Judges.. so it is simply not practised.

A stomach vacuum is just that... practise

Not a matter of big waists either.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Testostack
    Arnie's aesthetic was close to perfection
    Arnie was no such thing

Review Arnold's front relax poses.. his waist was wide and his legs lacking.. especially from the rear.

What Arnie was.. was a great poser

He himself admitted it.

he did 3/4 turn poses to hide his deficiencies.

Notice his best poses are twisting shots... where his waist looks small.. and his huge chest/bicep pop.. drawing attention upwards.

The twisting shots allowed him to draw emphasis away from his lagging hamstrings also.. as they drew emphasis downwards away from his hams.. to his huge calves

Examine Arnold's pics and you'll find i am correct.

Testostack is offline Anabolic Member
    You're certainly right about the legs and waist, but for those days, he was close to perfection, eventhough i prefer a fuller/bigger frame like Yates or even Coleman......that said, Coleman hugeness would not inspire me.......rather Dorian's.....a matter of choice (still having in mind that i will never get like him, )

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information