Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    KrashRoute's Avatar
    KrashRoute is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    south of heaven
    Posts
    429

    Anyone have any links for pages on Bench Shirt training?

    Lookin for some links to give me an Idea on what type of shirt I should look into and how to train with it to get the max from it.

    Also, im currently moving mid 4's... do you think hitting 5 is possible with a shirt?

  2. #2
    qccat's Avatar
    qccat is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    The South
    Posts
    342
    try this site out.... www.elitefts.com there is some good info about shirts on there. 5 is definately possible once you get used to the shirt and how it works. Good luck

  3. #3
    Power76's Avatar
    Power76 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    195
    Get an open back double denim. Check out metalmilitia.net

  4. #4
    Power76's Avatar
    Power76 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    195
    Oh yea, if you are hitting mid 400's without a shirt, you could possibly get as high as 550-600 with one. (If you take the time to master the shirt)

  5. #5
    H-BOL's Avatar
    H-BOL is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    ontario
    Posts
    494
    how do these shirts help you bench more.. i always wondered?

  6. #6
    Power76's Avatar
    Power76 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    195
    When wearing a shirt, as you bring the bar down, the shirt's material and construction tighten up so much that it can sometimes be nearly impossible to touch the bar to your chest. But when you do touch, you will have tremendous support at the bottom and it will enable you to start the lift with a ton of force and speed. The support of the shirt will give out near the top so tricep/lockout training is a must.

  7. #7
    KrashRoute's Avatar
    KrashRoute is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    south of heaven
    Posts
    429
    So would getting a heavy duty blast shirt be a waste? I figured I want some thing to learn on. Is this a bad approach?
    Last edited by KrashRoute; 07-07-2004 at 11:36 AM.

  8. #8
    Power76's Avatar
    Power76 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    195
    You may get 20 lbs. out of that shirt. Some people say to start out with a shirt like that and then work into more advanced shirts but I disagree with that. An advanced shirt takes time to master, so I would say go ahead and get in one and start working with it. On the other hand, I don't know if you are interested in competing. If you are then you need to check the rules of the federation you will compete in as not all feds allow double ply shirts. If you need a single ply shirt go with a fury or a phenom. Otherwise, a double denim is your best bet IMO.

  9. #9
    phreezer's Avatar
    phreezer is offline Respected Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    346
    Here ya go bro..these will help you out

    http://www.newmansgym.com/jwtraining.php

  10. #10
    SL-Dubbs's Avatar
    SL-Dubbs is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    23
    Honestly I think a double denim is too much shirt for your first shirt. Shirts take a long time to get used to, and denim is no treat.

    With you moving as much weight as you're moving though i would say a standard hevy duty blast isnt quite enough for you. I would go with an EHPHD. you might even want to try the new RageX. Stay with Poly for your first shirt. denim & Canvas are just too much for a first shirt.

  11. #11
    phreezer's Avatar
    phreezer is offline Respected Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    346
    Quote Originally Posted by SL-Dubbs
    Honestly I think a double denim is too much shirt for your first shirt. Shirts take a long time to get used to, and denim is no treat.

    With you moving as much weight as you're moving though i would say a standard hevy duty blast isnt quite enough for you. I would go with an EHPHD. you might even want to try the new RageX. Stay with Poly for your first shirt. denim & Canvas are just too much for a first shirt.

    I disagree.. IMO it's best to start training in the shirt you're going to be competing in... Shirts are hard enough to learn.. why waste time learning a poly when as soon as you're done you have to dump the training and learn a DD...

    I almost always recommend using a DD right out of the gate... same thing with Squat and DL suits... I prefer to jump right into a canvas...

    Take care,

    Phreezer

  12. #12
    SL-Dubbs's Avatar
    SL-Dubbs is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by phreezer
    I disagree.. IMO it's best to start training in the shirt you're going to be competing in... Shirts are hard enough to learn.. why waste time learning a poly when as soon as you're done you have to dump the training and learn a DD...

    I almost always recommend using a DD right out of the gate... same thing with Squat and DL suits... I prefer to jump right into a canvas...

    Take care,

    Phreezer
    I understand what you're saying, thats why I dont usually advise people to start with a very weak shirt like a blast but I still think there are a lot of things that can be learned in a poly that can be transered to a DD.

    Personally though using single poly, double poly and now double denim I cant imagine if I had started with denim. not to mention my denim doesnt even touch with less than 500 lbs. But thats just me.

  13. #13
    KrashRoute's Avatar
    KrashRoute is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    south of heaven
    Posts
    429
    Thanks for the suggestions!

    I think im gonna mill it over for a little seeing as price changes alot when you get better quality. I was mostly looking into a shirt for saftey reasons and for maybe a few extra lbs, but not a ton. (which I learned can be obtained from some heavier shirts) I just thought with the weight im starting to work with one may be a good idea to prevent injur
    Last edited by KrashRoute; 07-13-2004 at 11:53 AM.

  14. #14
    Seanzilla Katterle is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    21
    Click on
    www.eclipsecec.com

    Then go to
    articles

    Then go to
    Ryan Kennelly's Articles

    -Seanzilla

  15. #15
    phreezer's Avatar
    phreezer is offline Respected Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    346
    Quote Originally Posted by SL-Dubbs
    I understand what you're saying, thats why I dont usually advise people to start with a very weak shirt like a blast but I still think there are a lot of things that can be learned in a poly that can be transered to a DD.
    Ahhh.... but why waste time learning the poly if you're just going to transfer that learning over to a Denim anyway? Seems to me, you'd be better served just picking up the Denim to begin with and dedicate your time to learning how to use it.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •