dynamike is offline Associate Member

Big Bench Comp Sat

Never actually competed in a contest B4..been to a few...just got done talking to the owner of the gym..hes trying to talk me into it...im on the fence ...I hit 420 last monday...no shirt..no belt..no wraps....too late to get used a shirt ..apparently i can be in sub seniors cuz im 38...if i drop 6 lbs this week I can go in under 220..dont know if thats a good idea...been reading a few techniques from TATE From WEstside..going to try the elbows in..belly tech today..and see what happens...wish me.Luck..any pointers are welcome

hobzee is offline New Member
    dude thats a good bench im also 220 with a pb of 420 no shirt also not young@45 my advice would be to stick to benching the way you know untill after the comp would hate to see you get an injury by trying something different so close to the comp good luck

6plates is offline Banned
    dont try changing your technique up one bit if your used to benching the way you do now. if you try putting your elbows in/back in a diff position/all that other bullsh#t, your gonna end up pushing less than you actually can. hit it hard, hit it heavy.
    good luck.

Thanks for the compliment..although im not very satisfied...As far as changing styles....Yeah no doubt i got a feel for that different style under 225...i understand the physics of it trying it..but its not something to do in a week!!...thats a style to work on and master...im not feelling to good bout it...so far Ive seen 12 guys all do over 405...including me...i used wraps and elbow wraps and belt today...felt good...using my old form...ugh...the funny part is I qualify for the sub seniors group...ouch...lol...we'll see fri how i feel ..gotta suck up a few lbs for weigh in to get under 220 on fri..

Ill tell you something i learned..and its something ive known since i was a kid...you want to get better..surround yourself with those equal or better than you...in the two short weeks since these new cats have been showing up...you see people benching and pushing weight that I thought was a good squat!!...it makes you realise the possibilities...human nature to see and realize it can be done..since it is being done...So I can too!!!!...I used to be super freaked out putting 405 on...cuz no one is around the gym to spot ya...its not done to often etc...what a great felling to be in the right company...I understand the success of places like West Side BARBELL...the brotherhood of the Iron..pushing each other..right on!!....good stuff!!
    Last edited by dynamike; 11-01-2004 at 09:11 PM.

6plates is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dynamike

Ill tell you something i learned..and its something ive known since i was a kid...you want to get better..surround yourself with those equal or better than you...
    kinda bro, people like me have a different mentality when it comes to that, ive been powerlifting/bodybuilding for a while now, and growing into the game i cant help realize how i am the only dood with enough heart and dedication in my area to actually bust his ass to achieve these goals. its a very rare thing to see another guy come in and move heavy weight.

growing up i always thought, if you want to get better, dont let any one or anything influence you, dont worry about anybody else but yourself, and if you have even the slightest feeling of doubt, your gonna be as good as nothing in this game.

well i t def has helped...heres an update on the contest...I couln't compete...last night at work at three in the am...i got jumped by im not sure how many guys ..when i tried to get them out ..there was about 7 or 8 of em...we wont down..as I was coming back up...one of the fkers jumped on my back...and choked me out!!!...yep..i came to and the first thoguht was...s*** i cant do the contest tom...then the next was who the **** did it?...needlesss to say i cant swallow real well...i showed up late at the contest...they where in the second round...too late to get in and piss people off...best i would of got is third it looks...wasnt meant to be...ill prepare properly for the next one..and the night b4 get some sleep...!!!

Thread Information