Thread: Power briefs

Velkar182 is offline Banned

Power briefs

I noticed they aren't on the IPF list of approved gear. Why not? Has anyone ever used them? How do they work? I never thought to try them considering a squat suit turns my nuts blue as it is. I mean that $hit is tight! What kind of poundage, if any, can you get?

OldPLer is offline Associate Member
    I used to only squat and DL with a suit with straps down, the briefs helped me because they gave me the tight feeling at bottom of lift without worrying about straps. As for how much they give in a lift, that is hard to say, I got where I depended on them and did not like to lift without power briefs or suit. Never wore them under suit, hell I dont think anything else would fit under the suit.

power65 is offline Associate Member
    I have used them for the last couple of years. I've tried the orginal Inzer Groove Briefs and the new Titan Power Brief Types. The titan briefs are closer to a squat suit in thickness. I use to use them in training when I wasn't using a suit. But I have also trained w/ them under my suit. It makes for a tough fit when worn under the suit. It makes wearing the suit even more uncomfortable. Drives me crazy. As far as how much you get out of them when worn under a suit??? I really don't know. All depends on how much you get out of a suit to begin with. There's really no set wt. amount. Different for everyone. All depends on how your built, what kind of stance you use, how deep you go, etc. Different for everyone. But I will tell you that you will squat more than with just a suit. IPF doesn't allow them because they consider it close to a double layer squat suit. Hope I helped some.

Velkar182 is offline Banned
    Thanks a bunch.

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    I used to have some Inzer Power Pants. They are essential the bottom half of the Inzer champion squat suit. They do provide good support at the bottom, but bow the knees some (common with squat suits too), I outgrew them when I went up weight classes, and my organization doesn't allow them. I would suggest taking the advice of squatting with straps down instead of shelling out more doe for power pants.

Thread Information