xxxl83 is offline Productive Member

Biggest Squat of all time 1074 lbs

Congrats to Brent Mikesell who now owns the biggest squat of all time.
    Brent (according to PL USA) Squated an amazing 1074 lbs at the Canadian Nationals.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Amazing

Yes it officially is a new world record.
    I'm not sure if it beats coan's based on a formula rating.

FREAK2 is offline New Member
    yes brent holds the all time greatest squat. he did it in a db canvas suit. ed coan squats in a single ply hardcore or a single ply z suit. big big big big difference. put coan in a db canvas and he will hit 1100+. but yes he does hold the all time squat with coan coming in at 2nd.
    by formula i think coan is #1 because his squat is 4.3 times his bodywieght and brents was 3.3 or something like that.

Ermantroudt is offline Associate Member
    On formula, where does Vogelpuhl's 1000@220 rank?

Ermantroudt

DAD6-what do u mean by gear? and testing?

and i think chucks 1000 squat was BS because after looking at the video of it he didnt go parallel. but when your gym puts on a meet its favored and anything goes. anyways i think that his squat puts him at 1st or a tie.

Originally posted by FREAK
    and i think chucks 1000 squat was BS because after looking at the video of it he didnt go parallel. but when your gym puts on a meet its favored and anything goes.[/B]
    Freak:
    I do not think it is fair to judge depth based on tape, unless the tape recorder is in the same position as the side judge. The angle the video is shot at, effects what appears to be paralell. Also, Westside, did not run this meet, Dave and Traci Tate ran the 2001 IPA Nationals and will do so again this year.

Ermantroudt

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    by formula i think coan is #1 because his squat is 4.3 times his bodywieght and brents was 3.3 or something like that.
    I thought you didn't believe in formula.

FREAK you're a big strong kid with lots of knowledge to add to this forum, but dude...relax...drop the attitude. I've read a few of your posts and you seem very negative. There's no need to dis somebody who wears a canvass suit or call somebody who is 330+ a fat fucker. There's really no need. State your opininon bro, but tone it down a little.
    Peace

pete i dont believe in formula someone asked so i told them who was #1 with the formula. you have to be a competitive powerlifter to understand what i mean. you have to understand what suits make a difference and who talks the most shit in the world of powerlifting. the reason why i mentioned a 330+ fat fucker is because there is a bencher who weighs that much that swore up in down he was the man and no one will outlift him in the bench and hear comes 290lb ryan kennelly who benched 780 and smoked him. but if i offended you in anyway im sorry.

ermantroudt
    dave tate is part of westside barbell. that squat would not pass in IPF, APF, WNPF, WPO, USAPL, USSA, APA, etc. Thats why they nicknamed it hIghPA because most of the squats are too high. and to tell you another thing that might get you mad but im not trying to get you mad but i think you need to know. in my eyes i would not of passed george halberts 733 bench. because if you look at the video he couldnt lock out his left arm the side spotter grabed it and took it from him. but i assume that the head judge wasnt looking or the side judges. ive talked to some people that saw it and they said the same thing. alot of these orgs. are letting to many things slide through. but i will apologize if i offended you in anyway also.

FREAK

"dave tate is part of westside barbell."

I know exactly who Dave Tate is, but he is not the owner of Westside, so Westside Barbell Club in Columbus did not run the 2001 IPA Nationals. My training partner is our State Chairman, does that mean I get my lifts passed by too? I think not. Knowing the judges, usually means they will be more strict with you lifts.

"that squat would not pass in IPF, APF, WNPF, WPO, USAPL, USSA, APA, etc. Thats why they nicknamed it hIghPA because most of the squats are too high."

Did you see the lift from the vantage point of the judge? If not, there is not point in calling it a bad lift. All that matters is Chuck earned white lights for the lift. His lift was a good lift, as it is defined by the IPA, your defination may be different.

"and to tell you another thing that might get you mad but im not trying to get you mad but i think you need to know. in my eyes i would not of passed george halberts 733 bench."

Why would any of this upset me? I am not a member of the Westside Barbell Club, nor do I lift in the IPA. I have seen lots of lifts I thought were not good lifts, so what. Unless I am sitting in the chair (I am an APF Ref), my opinion is meaningless. What's done is done, and calling a lift bad or good based on video tape or what you have heard is pointless, as it will not change the outcome of the lift.

"alot of these orgs. are letting to many things slide through."

Different people have different ideas of what is too strict versus what is allowing lifters to slide by. I personally think the USAPL rules about squat depth and not giving the lifter a press command are silly, but I still support the USAPL lifters in my area, and respect their lifts.

"but i will apologize if i offended you in anyway also. "

No need to apologize, as this is not about you and I, but about other lifters, their lifts, and different fed's rules.

Ermantroudt

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    pete i dont believe in formula someone asked so i told them who was #1 with the formula. you have to be a competitive powerlifter to understand what i mean. you have to understand what suits make a difference and who talks the most shit in the world of powerlifting. the reason why i mentioned a 330+ fat fucker is because there is a bencher who weighs that much that swore up in down he was the man and no one will outlift him in the bench and hear comes 290lb ryan kennelly who benched 780 and smoked him. but if i offended you in anyway im sorry.

FREAK
    No offence taken FREAK...all I'm suggesting is you relax a little bro. As I said, we're all bros here and we're here to help and support each other. No need to have yopur back up all the time. Anybody that reads or posts here is interested in the sport and has loads of respect for those who compete. That's all I'm trying to say.

Crazy Bencher is offline Junior Member
    i have seen a former teammate totally natural squat 650 for 8 reps he is 6'0 270

he strained so hard a blood vessel popped in his face and blood poured out one of his zits...

powerlifterjay is offline Respected Member
    Freak refered to me as the who seen George Halbert not locking out that 733 in the WPO bench bash for cash in 2001. I was there and i even told Dave tate that before. He did not have it locked out on his left side and , he also didnt get a rack command. And i was there in person. Close too. In fact look at the picture of it in powelifting USA and i am on the podeum with him getting paid! Hell go to Powermagonline.com Go to latest results and you can see his bench , and chucks squat.

I cant say his squat looks high. Reason is i just got a tape of me and my buddies lifting and you cannot tell on video if someone is high or not. I got called high and to me it looked lower then some of theirs. So i would give him the squat from what i seen. But benching you can see no lockout and no rack command. And iam by no means taking anyting from him his 700 and 715 were fast and perfect. And i think he is the best bencher right now. Not in absolute but by formula. And yes i believe in formula!

There must be formula. You have a 350lber bench 650 , and a 250 lber benching 625. Who is better? Or 150lber benching 550, and a 308 lber benching 615. Beliee it or not that would be close. Fat boys, and little ass lifters get a huge handicap. Young and old lifters get it as well. When your a open class lifter , who can only lift in that class , you have it a bit rougher then al the other 50 handicaps out there that can beat you for best lifter. FACT! Thats why the WPO in its weight divisions is the most fair. Put up or shut up. If your 242 and you lift X, then if the guy next to you is 40 yrs old and lifts 1 lb less you win. Anywhere else he does. Get my point on formula? It determines who is best if done by weight class alone. Cause there has to be a Pound for pound champ. But make it fair, and lose the BIG handicaps. For those of you who dont understand, try being the last bencher in a meet like i have been and losing best lifter to some old dude that benches less then twice his bodyweight. It sucks!

Powerlifterjay,

I agree 100% as far as formula is concerned, also i checked out Halberts lift and you maybe right.

What do you think of Scott Mendelson PL USA gives him alot of hype this month. I know he is one of the top benchers around but, in the article they expect Scott to post the biggest bench ever.

xxxl83

TeenMyth is offline New Member
    xxxl83,

I think scot mendelson is a fantastic and amazing bencher. He is very strong with room for more. But im gonna have to go with Ryan Kennely, he already holds the biggest bench ever. And he is 20 lbs away from an 800lb bench. He just doesnt get the publicity like scot does.

powerlifterjay is offline Respected Member
    I think both are great. But i go with Ryan cause he is lighter and younger. He can add to both and up his bench easier then Scot. But i believe both will hit 800lbs. I think Ryan has some meets scheduled before Scots , so he might do it first. Either way there both awesome. I myself will be looking for a 700 with in a year and still cannot fathom an 800lb bench. It just seems outragious! And both men are superhuman strong.

I am qualified for this years WPO bench bash for cash IN louisianna and lookk forward to talking in person to both men about their lifting. There info will be a great help.

Thread Information