jeremys is offline Associate Member

first ME bench in 4 weeks

i wanted my shirt today so i could start breaking it in...but i called inzer and they said they shipped it tuesday and should be here in a couple days...damnit, i had it all planned out for my meet. anyways, here's how today went..

warmups
    4 board: 185x1, 225x1, 245x1, 265x1, 285x1, 305x1, 315x1, 325x1, and i missed 345

close grip bench: 135x10, 145x10, 160x10

plate raises: 45 lb plate 3x15

back is just a tiny bit more sore than a couple days ago now...but barely noticable. i'll be fine tomorrow.

never did 4 boards before...they're supposed to be more than 3 board maxes, right? my old 3 board max from about 6 weeks ago was 315..

my meet is sep. 28th....i WONT have enough time to break the shirt in once it comes but i will get a tiny bit of work in it. i will be in the highschool division. even though i just turned 15, i'll still probably kick ass as there's only gonna be 50 entries total in the whole competition

my goal is 275+ bench at the meet...think its possible with these numbers?

deciever is offline Associate Member
    your 275 definately seems possible.. especially with a good shirt.. who knows.. 275 may be cake in a shirt.. 300 may be coming sooner than you think.

how much you weighing now?

i havent weighed myself in a while...but im probably 235 or so..give or take 5 pounds. i can definately lock out 300 and my speed was fucking awesome today in everything. i was amazed...but with the heavier weights i had trouble stabalizing the bar so i could lower it. hows your bench going?

deciever is offline Associate Member
    my friends been trying this, and im sure you'll probably object, but doing dumbell bench press reps close to/ near failure. That should strengthen your stabilizers.. dunno if it will worked... and also just static holds as well to ge tused to the heavy weights if you need too.

i'll try it in a couple weeks

Cubanito17 is offline Member
    hey dude your fucking strong for 15. Keep it up you should have one or two workouts in the shirt if anything you can just for your second time in a shirt try and get a weight you know FOR SURE is gonna touch but do everything the same on meet day and don't bother locking out the weight have someone pick it up for you so you don't fatigue yourself the week before the meet. I think personally this would be best, i'll know soon if I get flamed for this advice or not.

thanks cubanito. i appreciate the advice everybody.

Thread Information