Thread: APA nationals!

musclehed275 is offline Junior Member

APA nationals!

Hi everyone...just wanted to post some of the results of this weekends APA nationlas...It was a great meet with tons of good lifting..Brian Highnote, as allways runs a top notch meet! To start off ,Iron maiden had a tremendous day, she opened with 275..smoked it, took 305, to break her old record, another smoker, and made her goal of 315! she weighed in at 179!! She just keeps getting stronger! I finally am learning to use my shirt! I didnt kill myself this time, and try to go down to 242...Im too lean to drop that low! I weighed in at 256...I kept my opener low, 510..My shirt was much, much tighter, and i could barely get it to my chest, it rolled forward, and i muscled it up! I was battling with a guy in my class, so had to take a small jump, 530..reAL EASY! Should have opened there, then my third was 550, real easy, they seemed to get easier as i went! I know next time to open with 530, and take a third somewhere around 600! Grimm was there, did real well, ill let him post his numbers, he looks stronger everytime i see him lift! And he helped out a lot, hes a big asset to powerlifting..And Powerlifterjay was there, what a great guy..he was just as happy for me and Ironmaiden making our lifts as he would be for himself!!! He was the head judge on my platform...I loved his press command and rack command...PRESS THIS SHIT! and the rack command was YEAAAAAA!!!! hes a class act, and thanks for all your help guys! you made it a great day! The beer and shooting the shit was great! PLJAY, what do ya think about that huge chick sitting in view of the lifting platform???? Scott Taylor will never be the same!!!!! LOL

powerlifterjay is offline Respected Member
    Man i had a blast! You guys are freaks! man you two are strong. The competettion was out in full force. Lots of good lifters there. Even though i wish i coudl have lifted i had a blast hangin and judging.

The chick in the front row messed up all our calls at first. I gave whites cause i wasnt paying attention!! LOL not really but almost.

Guys i had a great time hangin with you again. Look forward to Dec so we can do it again.

GRIMM is offline Junior Member
    Had a great time at the meet and hangin' out afterwards. Saw a bunch of great lifts yesterday and Today. Musclehead and Ironmaiden di great both taking home wins and/or Prs.

My day went well. I dropped 7 lbs to make the 220 and weighed in at 218. Bench didnt go as planned but i did well for myself.
    345 opener- didn't really push off the chest and let the shirt do the work causing me to struggle and got red lights for uneven extention. I think nerves had a big part in it.
    2nd-345 had no problems went up strong and fast like it should have.

Sunday ,Today, was deadlifts
    Why they had them on seperate days i don't know but instead of trying to drop weight AGAIN and make the 220's i just woke up and went in the 242's weighing 224. I was pretty mentally and physically exhausted form yesterday but here is how it went.

I felt and heard a few crackkles in my back on 600 and it is sore and a dull pain now. I don't think its anything bit am icing it as we speak. I wish some of you guys were there to see it but i got some goodpicks i think.
    Now its time to get ready for Dec. and this time i'm gonna get 375 or maybe 400 on bench.

musclehed275 is offline Junior Member
    Good job Grimm!!! We wanted to come back today and help you while you deadlifted, we were just sooooooo mentally and physically whiped out! Im glad you got that 600!!! I know you said that number was in your head! Maybee we will see mid 600 in December!!!! take care buddy!

IrishPower is offline Junior Member
    GRIMM: 600 pull?!? that kicks ass. great job.

musclehead and IM: congrats as well!

I love to see people compete!

ironmaiden181 is offline Female Member
    Thanks Irish....

Great job Grimm.... 600lbs... Wish that we could have been there....

PLjay.... Thanks for the extra stress...LOL with the red lights... ( for those of you that weren't there,... He would switch the white light to a red light right before I sat up so I kept thinking that he called me on something...) that was until he and musclehed started laughing at me... for panicing.... LOL It doesn't take much for me to spaz... LOL

We enjoyed hanging with everyone... Hope that we all can do it again!!! See you in Dec.

Grimm offer still stands for you to come train with us Sat if your down.. PLjay,.. You too... Musclehed said that your more than welcome to stay at his house!!
    Kennelly Power Team
    The Elite Few!

powerlifterjay is offline Respected Member
    Thaaks i will probably take you up on that. I would probably make the trip for the Dec meet the day before so i may very well be crashing there. I appreciate that. Sorry for the reds, i was havign fun with ya!! No worries yoru lifts are flawless and truley cannot be denied. Both you guys lift with such perfection the only way you could get red lights is to just not get it. For dec i would liek to see Musclehed get a 575-600 , and you go 320-340. If they had a couples mixed pair benching comp ya'll would win hands down!!

Grimmer man holy shit!! Dude that is great about the 600lb deadlift. Man i cant even imagine how good you feel. I know i would feel great. Impressive. Man you are a hell of a lifter and guy. Your gonna do pretty dam good in Dec. Shit , i can only imagine what kinda squat your gonna unleash! Good job. Howd that suit feel?

ironmaiden181 is offline Female Member
    Don't appolize for the reds... I wasn't upset at all,.... I was just laughing... That is the best part of this sport... There is alot of room to have fun.... Musclehed and I laughed about it all the way home... Actually he laughed at me.... with the look on my face... I guess that it was pretty funny.... LOL ......
    Kennelly Power Team
    The Elite Few!

Cubanito17 is offline Member
    WAY TO GO TO ALL.

GRIMM dude I'm SOOO GLAD you got that 600 I remember talkin to u bout it fri and you were really worried about it.

To the rest of you great lifting.

I really hope with school and all to either be at NOV 30 or DEC 14. If for some reason I pull off ALL my term papers expect me at both. It'll be great to see all of you.

Thanks to all. I am so glad to get the numbers that i wanted but even more so the people i meet and talk to at meets.I believe a big part of this sport happens where only the few, the proud, the competitive, can appreciate it! I give thanks to all that were there in person and in heart.

musc2002pa is offline Associate Member
    Congrats Grimm on the PRs. Thats weird they had you pull and bench of different days, and had to weigh in twice??

I also want to congrats BELLICOSE or esoilleb , whatever your online name is. He has been training with me for the past month and at 17 stronger than i am ( i hate to say it.) Raw he posted several benches over 300+.

TeenPL is offline Banned
    It was nice to meet all of you at the meet. The atmosphere was so awesome, and everyone was very supportive of one another.

Thread Information