Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BDTR is offline Retired
    16 years old... 135 for like 3 maybe.. then i started juicing right away.. by 18 i was at 315 for a tripple.

SAUCYgator is offline Junior Member
    wow....lots of impressive numbers by these 16 year olds. i played big time high school football in south florida and the most i ever saw hit on the bench press was 400 and this was by Vince Wilfork(DT and first roud pick this year, patriots). you kids are either lifting on a soloflex or you have some revolutionary new lifting techniques that im sure all of AR would like to know. by the way when i was 16 i was about 190 and could hit 250 and this was after lifting already for 3 years.

worldknown is offline Banned
    Im 18 and i weigh 160. Ive only been lifting seriously for a few months now, i worked out last year (sophmore year) but that was only for a month or two and i took a cycle of creatine but i smoked too much weed to notice anything, and this year ive been drinking like a fish and i still do drink but i have been working out with some football players so that always helps my motivation, they make me get crazy as **** but anyways im 160, i can max around 185 i havea rond 12 bf and i have a nice 8 p ack when flexed. This kid i work out with benches 315, hes 5'9 did some test e(i think he did more though) hes straight up jacked, 19 inch arms, kinda makes me feel ****ty about myself but wahtever. I look like i could bench alot more than i do, i dunno what my problem is. If anyone could bench 400 at 16 i would like to see that becuase thats highly unlikely. Theres one kid at my school that can bench 400 but hes just ****ing a gorilla, the ground moves when he walks(hes all state football).

Russ616 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullback0934
    ok, i just want to compare with other 16 year olds to see where i stand...
    Do you guys realive this thread is 2 months old.........stop posting...

jeremys is offline Associate Member
    who cares how old it is. new people are posting

here is a newer video of me at about 16.5 years old. weight ranges from 225-245 and i am 5'9

this was my opener at my last meet. didnt get the other attempts on film

http://www.fortifiediron.net/video/jeremy455.wmv

note: my arch is not THAT good lol. most of that is my belt

Thedudex2000 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ToTheMAX04
    Back when i was only 7 years old, my max bench was 480.

I swear it was .................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

Yeah dude, I feel that. Some of these numbers are ridiculous for 16 year old kids to be claiming to push up. I know some of my team mates who cant bench as much as these kids claim, and they have been 3 year starters for my college football team.

Another call for bull****.

Dude

Olympic_Caliber is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DARKSEID
    Why does everyone feel weak, when you know half of the posts are bullsh*t. Not to point anyone out here, but Luv MY Roids, your numbers change in every post. this post you write you do 315 for 6 last one was 455 for 10, and your gym had to get a special bar for you cause your so strong. Judging from the sounds of it, I would guess your profile seems pretty fitting since you can't ever make up your mind about what you lift. I'm not trying to flame you, but like everyone says it's insulting to people who bust there ass.

agreed

ravenak is offline New Member
    Put up 189 @ 125 lbs...no fish story...you guys aren't claiming your lifts in bench shirts right? haha

clampitt is offline Junior Member
    16??hmm........185 on a good day.

i am now 17 bout to turn 18. And i cant max very good, no good coordination, But i can get 185 up 7 times. And i read a chart and that means 220-225 i think. But still bench is my weakest lift by far.I HATE IT, cuz most people measure strength by BENCH ;ITS ridiculous.

FLEX~Ottawa is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ616
    That's alot of weight to be pushin for that body weight. Have any pics to prove it ....

thats what i was thinking !!!!

FLEX~Ottawa is offline Junior Member
    This is all CRAP !!!!!!! i doubt this is even true whats so ever at 16 u still have your diaper on and u have a hard time qwiping your asss and yall punk try to make us belive u bench 400 or whatever come on now !!!!

bigordie is offline Member
    yeah out of the womb i was throwin up 405, but that was just for a warm up set, come on now i play college ball and half the cats on my team cant throw up some of the weight you 16yr olds claim to be throwin, i know i shouldnt really worry bout it but come on now why post stuff that is all fiction?

ravenak is offline New Member
    I've know a few guys that passed 300lbs in high school...the horrible truth is that a lot of it has to do with your body semetry. Short arms & big chest = short stroke & BIG LIFT. It's hard to say what's unreal...although I do know that if you have the semetry to bench big you probably can't deadlift sh*t hahaha MUCH MORE IMPORTANT TO GAUGE YOUR SUCCESS BY YOUR OWN IMPROVEMENT (or lack thereof).

tyrant7290 is offline New Member
    when i was 16 i was 175 lbs. I benched 230.

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Quote Originally Posted by worldknown
    but i have been working out with some football players so that always helps my motivation,
    Football players are pussies. In high school I benched more than the entire team except for one 275 lb guy.

jeremys is offline Associate Member
    i posted a freakin video of my lift. jeez

fudgedelic is offline Associate Member
    I agree i feel a lot of this is bull, i came from a rather large school with nearly 4000 students and records going back 30 years, almost all of what everyone is saying would completely shatter a lot of records, and these are recors that are almost all set by seniors, not sophomores, not saying that some of this may not be possible but a lot seems far fetched. At 16 i think i was around 220 for a max, weighing 145 pounds and was probably the strongest for my weight in my class of 950 students.
    Last edited by fudgedelic; 08-22-2004 at 04:54 PM.

Fat Guy is offline Senior Member
    When I was 16 I could bench 600lbs and squat 800lbs and take a two pound sh*t all at the same time ggrrrrrrruuuuuu!!!!!!

Latimus is offline Banned
    16 year olds pushing this kind of weight is unreal

weightshead is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremys
    who cares how old it is. new people are posting

here is a newer video of me at about 16.5 years old. weight ranges from 225-245 and i am 5'9

this was my opener at my last meet. didnt get the other attempts on film

http://www.fortifiediron.net/video/jeremy455.wmv

note: my arch is not THAT good lol. most of that is my belt
    nice.

(you post on bb too?)

Power76 is offline Associate Member
    When I was 16 I could do about 135. By 19 I could do 240. We have a 16 year old at our gym that just hit a 550 shirted bench at around 260 lbs. I'm not kidding. The kid is a freak! His brother is 25 and recently hit 605 at 230 lbs. They are both clean too. If only I had those genetics...

Quote Originally Posted by jeremys
    i posted a freakin video of my lift. jeez

**** bro, thats a quiet ass meet. on my last meet, when i tried to break the regional press record, i had a crowd of around 40 or 50 parents/friends yelling for me. i didnt get it, but thats what gets your adrenaline going, your veins pumpin, you wanna pick the weight up and throw it through the ceiling. adrenaline is why i compete.

Gorgoroth_ is offline Associate Member
    My old wreslting partner's older brother set my school's bench press record when he was in 10th grade and only 16 years old. But the kid juiced and didn't really know what he was doing apparently and it almost cost him his life. He developed complications with his liver and developed chrones ( think I am spelling it correctly ) disease - a disease that keeps you from absorbing nutrients from the foods you eat. The guy luckily survived his ordeal and i've met him in person - he's healthy now but I'd be surprised if he could put up 315 for 2 let alone 405.

S R H is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by itsallmental
    well heres how i came to bench 400-long story but here i go.

AGE 13------------------
    when i got into lifting at the age of 13, all i had was a benchpress and a universal(small holed weights) barbell set.i had limited amount of dumbells but i used what i had to work with.i weighed around 160 but i was a chunky little ****, i had titty's(unlike the muscular tits i see myself with today) and every1 would make funna me.you know how it was back in 8th grade, everyone would grab your nipple and say "why dont you start workin out".so i did starting working out, except i started working out in a different way.
    most of my friends were more into doing nothing but curls to get "there biceps big and strong" and look good.me on the other hand i was hitting the bench like every so often till i could throw up around 95 lbs for a set of 10 or so.at that time i was ONLY benching.

AGE 14-----------------
    at age 14 my weight set upgraded a little bit, i had went out and bought some dumbells from sports authority along with dumbell weights(plain ole adjustable dumbells you kno),well heres where my weight training started to get serious.
    That summer i started working construction with my dad to earn money for a truck that i would buy in my years to come as a highschooler(my dad made me work for my truck instead of it beeing givin to me like most kids you see ride around in today and i am very appreciative of the fact that he made me do that).that summer i had bought a bottle of hydroxycut(the old school stuff had ephedrine in it and it worked very well).
    so i started bustin my ass, my training split looked like this

Mondays wednedays and fridays
    Benchpress(pyramid sets of somethin like 12 8 5 3 then a burnout)
    dumbell press(4 set of 8-10 as heavy as i could go)
    incline dumbell press(another 4 sets of 8-10)
    and occasionally i would do decline close grip to hit that bottom inner part of my pec)
    FLIES
    some pushups
    go run on the treadmill for about 15 minutes

i would train my chest on mondays wednesdays and fridays, sometimes i would be so **** obsessed with my chest that i would train with no weekly rest days.
    on days i wasnt working my chest i was doing shoulder and tri workouts along with some sort of back excercises.

that year i lost around 20 lbs and i gained some muscle.i started to look good.
    i was around 5'7" and my benchpress was around 165, 170 lbs with the universal weight set.my chest girth was getting a decent measure and at the time, i was benching more than any of my class mates.

AGE 15-------------------

a few days after my birthday i dug up some money and went out and bought a 45 lb weight bar and some good weights for my bench.i started to think to myself "i wanna bench so much that i want the bar to bend when i do it".
    i am so envious of how i passionate i was about lifting in those days, but still i continued to take the hydroxycut, i learner proper nutrition and protein shakes etc.
    i was very well informed and with this new found info i intended to use it to my advantage.NONE of my friends new jack **** about splitting up there routine weekly or takin in the proper nutrition but luckily i did.this was the year i got jacked up.i dropped another 10 lbs of fat and added a few more lbs of muscle.this is the year i started to get alot of attention at school.every1 stopped messin with my chunkyness and i actually came back from that summer lookin better than most of the kids.
    i had split up my body parts on different days a little better.i started to squat.
    i still went all out on benchpress and i never had a spotter.i trained by myself, alone, with no1 else around except a radio off of my computer.

my sets were getting heavy, i could do around 175 for a set of 10 and would finish off with around 205.later on that year i bet some of my friends i could benchpress 250 and at that time i had no doubt in my mind i could.
    the day where i tried 250 i got BARRIED.badly, everyone made fun of me but that didnt phase me.at that time also, my friends were all a year or a couple years older than me and i was the youngest so i felt good that i could keep up.
    right before i turned 16 i broke the 250 barrier and started to make way for 300.

AGE 16-----------------alright now i got a membership to the nearest worlds gym.i still trained by myself except for when i needed a spot on my last few sets of bench or some1 to help me press out a couple more dumbell presses.
    at this age i started implimented more core excercises.
    i started to deadlift weekly and squat weekly.i still however dominated all my other days with chest workouts.whenever i felt that my chest wasnt sore i would go to the gym and make it sore again.training my chest 3 times a week gave me serious growth at the time.my brothers and parents told me to slow down but i just couldnt.my chest workout looked somethin like this at the end of age 16.

warmup with around 20 reps with the bar to get the blood flowing.stretch a little bit.
    BENCH-(pyramid sets of 12 8 5 3 and then a burnout of 10 reps)
    dumbell presses-(4 sets of 5 or 6 reps)
    weighted dips-(pyramid sets of 10 8 6 3)
    powerpress-4 sets of 4

occasionally i would start out with incline barebll presses or i would change my routine around if i hit a plateu on my bench.
    at this age i still had the same diet and my physique looked **** good for a 16 year old.i was around 5'10" 170 lbs and my stats were-
    squat-225x3
    deadlift-365x3
    bench-275x3(dumbell pressing with the 100's for sets of 5 or 6)

this year in my life i benched 300 and i was so happy.unbelievably happy to be honest.this is in turn sparked a plateu of hell in which i could hardly move through

AGE 17-------------
    this year started out rough as a b!tch.all in all i plateud at 305, 315, and 330.
    i consider this year the hardest of all because i started implementing more of a powerlifting routine.
    my sets changed from pyramid sets of 12 8 5 3 to 6 6 5 4 3.it helped, to a certain extent. THIS ROUTINE ONLY WORKS IF YOU HIT ALL OF YOUR SETS AND REPS BY YOURSELF.
    no matter how many times i try and explain this to people, if you want this routine to work you have to bust your ass and hit all your sets and reps dead on by yourself.the spot is only there if you happen to hit failure.hes not there to "give you a push".

this is the year i stopped training almost all my body parts in a bodybuilding fashion and concentrated on the powerlifting team i was soon to get on.i loved to bench seriously. sometimes i WOULD implement bands on wednesdays and give myself an extra rest day because practicing with heavy weights gets you tired quickly.

my weighted dips started to get heavy-note to the wise-YOUR BENCHPRESS IS HIDING BEHIND THAT DIP RACK.if you want a heavy bench you HAVE TO HIT THE DIPS ALL OUT.my last sets would be around 140 for sets of 4 or 5.
    this is the year i ended with a 315 CLAP.which is where you have to lower the weight down to your chest.hold it steady till you get the signal to press, then you can go ahead and push.

age 18------------------------
    alright heres the year i went crazy.i started to cut myself off from all my friends, partying started to grab the attention of all my high school buddys but my head was still in the game.it might be suprising but i never drank a sip of alcohol all through high school.i had the hardest time getting sleep out of all things.i ate too much protein around 300 grams daily for a bodyweight of 190.my diet was still flawless.i just started added more sugar in my post workout shake. i kept doing my 6 6 5 4 3 routine untill my benchpress made its way up to 375 for 3 which is where ive been stuck for a good 4 months now.ive tried everything and its not moving.i want to get a picture of me here soon b/c for some reason in my personal opinion i just think that my growth plates have closed.

anyway thats how i got to bench 400.its been a long way man...............
    dude... this story was...um unbelieveably fvckin inspiring... i just wish i had started more seriously earlier. **** good read

S R H is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lxorl
    who cares what others can lift... dont guage your progres or self worth on others.... the iron game is about personal improvements... not chaseing others.
    couldnt have said it better

1-Cent is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RoNNy THe BuLL
    Make that 99%, and nope, it ain't jealousy. It's the truth.

No doubt, and I have a 19" internet penis myself If I ever see someone whos 15 or 16 putting up twice their body weight on the flat bench I'll eat my own pants and then quit this sport forever. At that age you could have only been lifting for a year at most, you get no where before you're 15 or so... I was probably putting up 185 at that age, 200 was still just a dream.

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    Quote Originally Posted by TheyoungJason
    great work... I am 16 yrs old and bench 300 lbs at 146 bw. keep on lifting the weight
    ya i would believe that if you were 4'10 ft tall

MMC78 is offline Senior Member
    Please God, let this thread DIE!

angelxterminator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC78
    Please God, let this thread DIE!
    why? when i was 12 at 4% body fat and 125 pounds i was squatting my dads dodge ram for reps

hehe, couldn't agree with you more bro!

Quote Originally Posted by IronReload04
    ya i would believe that if you were 4'10 ft tall
    if he is under 5'9, ya it is possible. there was a kid in the 154 weight class last year, clapping 335.

Quote Originally Posted by itsallmental
    if he is under 5'9, ya it is possible. there was a kid in the 154 weight class last year, clapping 335.
    short people can have muscles too. but their is not way in hell you can be that strong and and that light if you are average height . muscle weighs a ton.

This thread must die

Monkeytown is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LilVito469
    When I was 16 I was gettin as trashed as possible and tryin to hook up with as many girls I possibly can
    Too bad you've been banned. I was doing the same thing when I was 16. I didn't even know what weights were. What a waste of alllllllll the natural test I had!!

MT

kill this thread PLEASE

brian11 is offline Member
    Why were all of these people who admitted to being 16 not banned?

nixfan712 is offline Junior Member
    what are the things u can do to get banned

add 200 pounds to your bench press

imann is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ616
    That's alot of weight to be pushin for that body weight. Have any pics to prove it ....
    yeah when i was 16 i was maybe doin 155 and barelly weighed 130...lets see some pics..i smell bs

Superhuman is offline Banned
    at 16 I weighed about 172#, benched about 240lbs, but that's when I first started to lift

unclemoney is offline Senior Member
    at 16 which was a few years ago I weighed about 135 and could bench 160x1 and i thought it was the sh!t... now I'm 187#'s at 9%bf and I'm benchin a good bit more... but not all these crazy numbers you guys are coming up with..... jesus.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information