Thread: Lifting shoes

Docd187123 is offline Banned

Lifting shoes

So I'm thinking of asking my family to get me a new pair of lifting/Oly shoes for my birthday so I can use them for the PL'ing meet. Not sure on which ones to ask for. I have the Adidas powerlift 2.0 and while they're great for the price, I know there are much better ones out there. I have been looking at Adidas Adipowers, Nike Romaleos II, and the new Ristos. What shoe do you other PL'ers use and why? The shoe would be primarily for squats, from squats, press, etc. I've been deadlifting barefoot now and RPS allows you to do so at a meet as well so no worries about heel or sole height.

PistolPete33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I have the Reebok Crossfit Nano 4.0 sneakers and they are awesome. I DETEST Crossfit but these sneakers rock.

Reebok CrossFit Nano 4.0 | Reebok US

Iceberg is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PistolPete33
    I have the Reebok Crossfit Nano 4.0 sneakers and they are awesome. I DETEST Crossfit but these sneakers rock. Reebok CrossFit Nano 4.0 | Reebok US
    I have them. But I crossfit lol.

Docd187123 is offline Banned
    Those won't work. Need a metatarsal strap on the shoe, it says it provides cushion and comfort and shock absorption which will take away from force transfer, and since the shoes are for squats especially I'd want a larger heel than 4mm

swolehead is offline Member
    I got th do wins black and green 3/4 in heel I liked the looks and price of them so I that's what I went with and haven't looked back since

Khazima is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I've just ordered the inov8 fastlift 335's for a squat shoe, reviews are good but the front of the shoe might not be as solid as i'd like. For the price and availability i'm assuming i won't be complaining.

From what i've heard/read the nike romaleos II are the best, adipowers close second.

swolehead is offline Member
    let us know how the invo8 are I looked at them but didn't think they'd be tough enough

Cutthroat10 is offline New Member
    I just recently bought some Nike Romaleos and I love them. It is my first pair of oly shoes so I can't say how they are vs other brands. I used to squat in PF Flyers and since I'm a close to medium stance squatter the Romaleos feel like they've helped my squat. They're super sturdy, fit snug and look great too. I bought a half size smaller and after one use they felt comfortable.

Khazima is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by swolehead View Post
    let us know how the invo8 are I looked at them but didn't think they'd be tough enough
    I haven't tried other oly shoes but from my experience so far they're alright, I'd suggest just skipping straight to the adipowers or romaleos 2s, everyone at my gym loves them. I'll probably get some adipowers when I can afford them.

Thread Information