Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    JayP40 is offline Junior Member

bench #'s

I am 6'4 235. Flat 405, Incline 375, Rep 225 30 times. Thats is clean no gear

Mighty is offline Junior Member
    A couple of months ago I had some chest pain , and changed my workout accordingly, and started working more supporting muscle groups. I eased back into benching a couple weeks ago with zero pain, and broke a new personal record tonight 505 for one rep clean , I've been shooting for 500 for so long it feels wierd to have done it...look out 600 ! =)

Mighty

RRogers is offline New Member

Bench Numbers

I am 39, 225 pounds, and my RAW bench is in the low 4's (405-440 depending on mood etc. I benched 480 in December with a Titan shirt but my spotter decided to dump the weight on me off the rack instead of over my chest, thereby tearing a nice hole in my serratis (sp?) pectoralis. That left me with a semi-permanent lump in the upper portion of my pec and a RAW bench of barely 400. I'm slowly fighting back, but last weekend I benched 440 with shirt in the Virginia 2005 Open USAPL 220 class. BTW the IPF judges were particularly harsh in requiring nearly a 2 second chest pause... thought they did away with that over a decade ago due to masses of torn pecs)

BlueAndromeda73 is offline Senior Member
    I'm 20 225 lbs, puttin up about 380lbs. clean.

English Power Lifter is offline Junior Member
    19 years old, 227lbs. lifts: bench=440lbs deadlift=484lbs squat=572.

jstraw428 is offline Anabolic Member
    I am 5' 8" 175lbs, bench 315 clean

maxex is offline Member
    i love these threads.

I'm 145lbs and bench 1,000,000 lbs for rebs. oh forgot to mention,im 6 years old.

wrestler152 is offline Associate Member
    i am 26 200 pounds. I lift at powerlifting competitions all the time. You would be surprised at some strength some people have. Bench has a ton to do with form. I've done 485 with a bench shirt. Last week I tried 505 and my shirt ripped. I know that shirts help a ton. I have done 425 off my chest with no shirt. I;m not one to brag about lifts. I actually hate telling people. I don;'t even tell my friends what I bench. It sounds like a ton but with the proper equipment and technique it isn't all that much. I believe there are many 18+ year olds that could hit 400.

Quote Originally Posted by maxex
    i love these threads.

I'm 145lbs and bench 1,000,000 lbs for rebs. oh forgot to mention,im 6 years old.
    Whats your problem man? Was there any need for sarcasm? Alot of us put alot of effort into our training to get results and i dont think they'd appreciate your comment. We're power lifters, this is the power lifting section of the site and believe me there are some strong teenagers out there. Like my friend who trains with me, he's 19 and can beat my overall lifting score. The best of it is hes all natural, no juice.

wrestler152 is offline Associate Member
    i agree.

RJstrong is offline Senior Member
    i love these threads.

... how original.

maxex is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by English Power Lifter
    Whats your problem man? Was there any need for sarcasm? Alot of us put alot of effort into our training to get results and i dont think they'd appreciate your comment. We're power lifters, this is the power lifting section of the site and believe me there are some strong teenagers out there. Like my friend who trains with me, he's 19 and can beat my overall lifting score. The best of it is hes all natural, no juice.
    JC, you need to lighten up bro.

JC, you need to lighten up bro.
    i don't want to im bulking, lol. but there wasn't any need for a comment like that to be fair. regards.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    198lbs i can do 500lb with no juice, and a bench shirt, at 29yold.

As my contest preparation for APF Sr. Nationals is coming to an end... I blasted up a 655 using an Inzer double denim 5/12/05... lookout 700 your next...

denim shirts rock!!! what a difference they have made in pressing, guys are putting up some huge numbers in the last 2-4 years with the new technology of the double denim and some crazy stitch work

Quote Originally Posted by Doc.Sust
    denim shirts rock!!! what a difference they have made in pressing, guys are putting up some huge numbers in the last 2-4 years with the new technology of the double denim and some crazy stitch work
    I'm loving my new shirt... it has taken me a couple of years to really get it right... but it is finally happening. It's taken some time to get the fit that I like. My best raw bench is 545 so finally I can say I am using my shirt efficiently... which couldn't be happening at a better time... Sr. Nationals are just a few weeks away!

keep working your lockouts and board presses!!!!!! the denim will let everything fly off your chest, but it has little carryover at lock out, your tri's need to be strong, hit the upper end strength part of the press, and you will get that 700lb press no problem. i know a few people who are getting 150 or close to 200lbs out of their shirt!!! ****ing amazing!

keep working your lockouts and board presses!!!!!! the denim will let everything fly off your chest, but it has little carryover at lock out, your tri's need to be strong, hit the upper end strength part of the press, and you will get that 700lb press no problem. i know a few people who are getting 150 or close to 200lbs out of their shirt!!! ****ing amazing!
    It's funny that you say that, because other than warm-ups I can't think of a time recently that I have trained heavy bench in a full range manner. Not only has it increased my bench max with a shirt, but it has increased my raw max! Your right tricep strength has really been the key to improving my overall bench #'s. I hope to be one of those guys getting 150-200 out of my shirt... if you want to compete at the highest level you have to embrace lifting gear.

its the truth, i was a raw drug free bencher at 181,ding somehwere in the neighbor hood of 350-365 lbs, i went up a class and put on the shirt and now good for 500plus. the heavy tri work also shot my raw max up to!( i needed it i was stuck at the same raw number forever!!!!! you are right the way to hit big numbers is to use the equipment.

its the truth, i was a raw drug free bencher at 181,ding somehwere in the neighbor hood of 350-365 lbs, i went up a class and put on the shirt and now good for 500plus. the heavy tri work also shot my raw max up to!( i needed it i was stuck at the same raw number forever!!!!! you are right the way to hit big numbers is to use the equipment.
    That's awesome! great #'s... especially at that weight! Keep it up man... You definetely now what your doing... sky's the limit!

harl is offline Associate Member
    Im 31 170# natural, I dont max, just do reps. I do 4 sets pyramid from 225 up to 275x5. Im sure I could do 315 for 1 but im there to pump up my muscles not my ego. Got to love people at the gym that max out every day and they do it half assed.....this one kid bends himself into a triangle ^ and has his ass 2 feet off the bench...im like "dude the decline bench is over there".

beyonddriven is offline Associate Member
    20 years old, 208lbs. Highest so far 410lbs talk about a great feeling when you break through 4 plates!

WARLORD is offline New Member
    My current best competiton bench is 560 with a pause on the chest. touch and go at the gym is 650
    At my last meet I nearly pulled 600 raw and my squat is around 800

Nicky B is offline Senior Member
    Two days ago did 460 for 3 reps.

wolfyEVH is offline Anabolic Member
    198lbs i can do 500lb with no juice, and a bench shirt, at 29yold.

i'd like to see it done.......

cmillett is offline Member
    My best bench 345 for 6 reps did at 200lbs. that was a year ago currently trying to breake 415 at 190 all raw lifts no shirt.

diesel21 is offline Member
    415, 2x when i was almost 200,
    now i can always do 375 at least once.. i did rip a tendon at the weight!! still healing, i'll stick to dumbells

TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member
    i wish we had a video forum like some other boards i have seen....that way all these "150lbs benching 600x8" could actually prove it....talk is just that, talk

Quote Originally Posted by TheDfromGC
    i wish we had a video forum like some other boards i have seen....that way all these "150lbs benching 600x8" could actually prove it....talk is just that, talk
    your in the Detriot area... come by the APF Senior Nationals June 4, it just happens to be in your hometown... I promise you I can back up all my talkin'.

harl is offline Associate Member
    Is it true you can add 50lbs to your bench just be wearing a skirt...err I mean shirt?

Quote Originally Posted by harl
    Is it true you can add 50lbs to your bench just be wearing a skirt...err I mean shirt?
    Ah... do I detect a hint of jealousy in that sarcastic response?

TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RJstrong
    your in the Detriot area... come by the APF Senior Nationals June 4, it just happens to be in your hometown... I promise you I can back up all my talkin'.

whats the address??? ive always been interested in going to a powerlifting meet but never had opportunity

APF Sr. Nationals

Quote Originally Posted by TheDfromGC
    whats the address??? ive always been interested in going to a powerlifting meet but never had opportunity
    Good, I'm glad I was able to interest you in the event. Your in luck because this contest changes venues each year. I really hope you make an effort to come check it out, I promise you will not be disappointed. This just happens to be one of the biggest events of the year, which brings a lot of great lifters together from around the country. You will see nothing but top notch lifting! Here is the address: Doubletree Hotel Detroit Metropolitan Airport, 31500 Wick Road, Romulus MI 48174... June 3-5: all women and men up to 165lbs. lift Fri June 3, 181-198lbs. A.M. 220-242lbs. P.M. Sat June 4, 275-SHW Sun June 5..... I will be lifting in the 242's saturday afternoon (Ron Jones). As of now I believe there is 160 registered lifters... this is going to be the real deal!

diesel21 is offline Member
    don't hate on us small jacked mofos... i just love the big juiceheads that weight 250+ and can't lift shit, hahahhahahahahah!!!!!

bigken505 is offline New Member
    last summer 505 at 235lb i have been clean since july .. and am still hitting 425 at 250 lb of fat now thow .

Last bench workout before Sr. Nationals

I just hit a 665 with my new inzer double denim. It was a great confidence builder especially since it was my last bench workout before the meet. Now it's all about getting it done on the big day (June 4)!

CrazyKC is offline Associate Member

Exclamation Bench

160 benching 275 is real good. I'm 21 yrs old weigh 205 and bench 335. But its not about the bench its about the deadlift. 515!
    Last edited by CrazyKC; 06-27-2005 at 09:30 AM.

Jorg is offline Junior Member
    I'm 21 and weigh 155lb. My max bench is 198lb and max leg press is 424lb.
    I have been lifting for 4 months, no excuses some of your numbers on the bench is crazy

CrazyKC is offline Associate Member
    Sure are

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information