RockyX is offline Senior Member

Embarrassing Powerlifting Stories

Just wondering if you guys had any embarrassing powerlifting stories like me? Here are my 2, be sure to share yours!

Okay, regional powerlifting meet, me and one guy doing the last 2 deadlift of the meet, all the other platforms are shut down. 500 on the bar and I have to pull it (470 was my max). So I get ready get hyped and Pull. I'l about knee height....gotta lock it out...I am concentrating SO hard on trying to pull this thing up and get my shoulders rolled back that I don't even notice I'm falling backwards ......next thing I knew I'm on the ground with 500lbs on my theighs, looking up at my coach and the other 300 people there....all laughing at me.

Second. I'm a sophmore in high school, with a 505 squat max, people never believed me and I would always have to throw it on the bar and rep it out once to show them. Well one day the girls basketball team comes in the gym and coach gets to bragging about my squat and tells me to show them...I'm wearing some tight ass jeans but figure "what the heck". So I throw the weight on and get under. About half way down I hear a rip and realize that the entire girls basketball team is getting a glimpse of my ass crack I'm talking boxers and all ripped. It's a miracle nobody teased me about it after about a week later.

Viking_Power is offline Associate Member
    Nice lift bro for your age, I on my part dont really have bad experience while powerlifiting.

VP

kdawg21 is offline Associate Member
    Man I have not seen anything funny. I have seen guys break arms and legs.

musclehed275 is offline Junior Member
    I have a couple of good ones! One happened to me, and the other to one of my buddies! First, I was lifting in a meet in Miami, it was a uspf meet, the southern states (in the 80's). I was openning up with 705. It was the first really heavy squat of the day! I walked out, and you could hear a pin drop, everyone was watching, people were even standing on chairs! The ref gives the squat signal, I go down, it was still dead quite, all you could hear is the clang of the plates, i hit the whole BOOM and a giant fart starts to come out! To stop it, I attempt to squeez my ass together while coming up, then it starts to squeel! it sounded like a balloon when you pinch the end, and let air out!!! Worrying about this is making my opener heavy, so I say to myself, the hell with it, and just blast the weight up, and let it go, it sounded like a pile of books hitting the floor!! The announcer says, good lift, and nice rip! people cheered and laughed!
    The second was my buddy, he was squatting down, and his suit blows out, well, he had no underware on, and it was the crotch that blows, and low and behold, his two boys come flying out! man, we about died laughing! He got the lift!! LOL

RockyX is offline Senior Member
    I hate that! Mine normally squeek out on deadlift! and I've seen the suits tear out in the crotch before, that is some funny shiat!

Thread Information