Thread: SD and Acne....

kyjelly is offline Banned

SD and Acne....

How bad does this get? and, is it all over your body?

miguy82 is offline Associate Member
    It differs from person to person but most who get it, get it on their shoulders,chest, back, and face.. If ur prone to acne u should be taking b-5 at around 5-10g ed while on and thru pct.. Ill be doin sd soon and am prone to it(m1t give me horrible acne). I think pp would be little less harsh on the sides as of acne.

what is b-5?

Myka is offline Made Of Sugar
    a vitamin

FullMoonHowlingWolf is offline Senior Member
    As NewKid said B-5 is a vitamin, and it's called Pantothenic Acid.

Quote Originally Posted by miguy82
    It differs from person to person but most who get it, get it on their shoulders,chest, back, and face.. If ur prone to acne u should be taking b-5 at around 5-10g ed while on and thru pct.. Ill be doin sd soon and am prone to it(m1t give me horrible acne). I think pp would be little less harsh on the sides as of acne.

Did I read this right guys? 5g's is 5000mg ED. Just double checking. All the other supps are around 1500mg ED, so yeah, please let me know

DIESELPWR is offline Member
    yeah you have to take at least 5 grams a day at the minimum for it to effect the acne... im currently taking it at around 7 grams before i start with some tren

StateChamp is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kyjelly
    what is b-5?
    I pulled this out of another thread i did,
    hope this helps for ya man!!

Dosage
    First off, the thing that irks most people is the very high dosage that is needed of B5. In Dr. Lit-Hung Leung's study the dosage that was mainly used is 10 grams. This is ideally how much you should take to get the best results. However, do not begin taking 10 grams right away. Your body needs to get used to the high intake of B5.

Since you will be taking 10 grams a day, it is best to buy Vitamin B5 in capsules that are 500mg each. 1000mg (milligrams) is equal to 1g (gram). Therefore, 2 pills is 1 gram.

-For the first 3 days, you will want to take a dosage of 5 grams a day. This is a total of 10 pills a day. It is good to have it spread out throughout the day, so it might be good to take 5 pills in the morning, and 5 pills at night.
    -When the 3 days are up, you will be moving up the full 10 gram dosage. This will mean 20 pills a day. Again, you will want to have a steady supply of B5 throughout the day, so taking it in intervals is important. You will be taking 5 pills, 4 times a day. It is very key to be as consistent as you can.
    -Keep taking the vitamin B5 for 3 months. I saw results after the 1st week, some people see first results after 2 weeks. After 3 months you should hopefully have clear skin. Make sure you take the b5 consistenly and EVERY DAY for 3 months. (Note: Some people have an initial breakout. This can be caused from pre-existing pimples that are just pushing through. But keep with it, it WILL help you.)
    -After your acne has finally cleared up, you will still want to continue taking B5, but not in such high doses. Maybe drop down to 5 grams a day. If you get more acne, increase your dosage immediately, and then adjust to a dosage where you do not break out. Overtime you can keep decreasing.
    -Another point I would like to mention is to make sure you take vitamin B complex vitamins. Taking this much vitamin b5 might cause a deficiency in the other b vitamins. I just take 1 pill of the complex twice a day.

Possible Side Effects
    The good thing about B5 is that it doesn't really have many side effects. Here is what most people have reported:

-Stomach irritation
    -Mild or severe diarrhea
    -Frequent bathroom visits
    -Hairloss (rare) Some cases on message boards have reported hair loss but it isn't something I would worry about, and it definetly shouldn't keep you from taking B5.
    -Increased appetite (I seem to always be hungry, I am eating lots more than I ever have before)
    -Chapped lips

Personally, I had some stomach grumbling for the first few days. I went poop frequently, and farted a lot. But this pretty much went away after 5 days. It is VERY GOOD to take your B5 with food. This will minimize diarrhea or stomach troubles.

B5 is water-soluble, so it is impossible to overdose on it. It is very, very safe. I read that it might not be the best idea to take it while pregnant or breast feeding.

How it works
    Basically what the high doses of B5 do is create high amounts of Coenzyme-A. People with acne are lacking in the metabolism of fats. This is because they do not have enough Coenzyme-A in the body. The fats do not break down, but get deposited in your sebaceous (oil) glands and get secreted as sebum (oil). The p.acne bacteria feeds off of this sebum, and creates acne.

With all of this extra Coenzyme-A, all these fats can be broken down, and you do not have oily skin. Since you have a minimal amount of oil on your skin, no acne is produced (Hurray). Accutane also minimizes oil production, but it does so by shrinking your oil glands. The pantothenic acid doesn't need to shrink your oil glands, because it causes there to not be oil there in the first place. An extra bonus from pantothenic acid (B5) is that is makes your pores smaller. This results in making your skin smooth and good looking.

Where to get it
    This is a department that some people have trouble in. You probably won't find it in super markets, or stores like CVS. You will need to find it in shops that are specialized in drugs or vitamins. This means stores like GNC, Vitamin Shoppe, etc. I personally get it from a local Vitamin Shoppe. Many times it will not be under the name B5, but Pantothenic Acid. Here is a Vitamin Shoppe link of what their brand looks like. You can order it on their site if you want too. Note how it has 500mg capsules, and there are 300 of them. Make sure you buy a lot because they get used up quickly. Many people do not like the price, but it's worth it to get rid of your acne. So KEEP AT IT, clear skin is just around the corner.

Useful Links
    http://www.clearskin.net/viewtopic.php?t=1907
    http://members.bellatlantic.net/~vze3f978/B5.html
    http://b5foracne.vze.com/
    http://www.freewebs.com/krg/b5.html
    http://www.b5supplements.com/General...e-Prevent.html
    http://gmuntz.tripod.com/b5.html

SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    Great Post!!

Last edited by kyjelly; 05-04-2006 at 05:11 PM.

nice post! That answered all my questions, and then some!

StateChamp is offline Junior Member
    glad to help ya man!!

SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lit Hung
    Personally, I had some stomach grumbling for the first few days. I went poop frequently, and farted a lot. But this pretty much went away after 5 days. It is VERY GOOD to take your B5 with food. This will minimize diarrhea or stomach troubles.
    the doc said poop

monstermasss is offline Associate Member
    doxycycline is king and what most pros take.

Thread Information