ForceIsStrongWithMyD is offline Junior Member

CytoGainer - IMO good taste for low fat/sugar gainer

Have tried a few Gainers over the years. Took muscle juice for awhile, tasted amazing but had soooo much sugar (60g)i felt like a little kid on a sugar rush sometimes, i also came off and crashed a few hours later. it also had about 18g of fat (w/water), and i would still end up taking it with milk (so you can add a lot more fat to that 18g )

Tried Allmax quickMass as well. Found it wasn't as sweet as muscle juice but still had 30g of sugar, and 15g of fat per shake (w/ water). Had a really weird taste like there was too much cocoa. I tend to always stick with chocolate as it's the safest bet. bc vanilla to me is just asking for your shake to taste like a$$.

I also tried some other pro gainer similar to muscle juice that left a metallic aftertaste... needless to say it wasn't memorable enough to buy again.

ANYWAY, I wanted to look for a gainer that was still high in cals & protein, but not so much in fat, and sugars. I ended up grabbing CytoSport's Cyto Gainer. I know this product isn't new and a lot of guys have already talked about it, but I still thought I'd throw in my two cents. I ended up buying the chocolate caramel one, and to my surprise it tastes GREAT! I figured due to low sugar content that it would taste horrible, but i was wrong.

Cyto Gainer doesn't have as many cals as the other gainers when mixed with water (570cals), but I mix it with fat free milk which increases the cals to a little shy of 850, and i take it twice daily plus 4 regular meals. it also only has 7g of sugar. overall, i'm very pleased with this supp so far.

in case ur curious currently i'm 24, 6'1", 230lbs, 15% bdy ft

BITTAPART2 is offline Senior Member
    me too bro, I love it. there are a lot of cytohaters though, they dont realize i think that compared to any weightgainer, the almost non existant sugar content and the taste are spectacular. I can eat 7k cals when bulking an still see abs so Ill drink 3 scoops and skim milk with like 3 meals, thats roughly 2k cals in cytogainer LOL.

number twelve is offline All Natty...Kinda~Winning Member Transformation Contest!
    +1 for cytogainer

i actually think i like this chocolate caramel swirl flavour more than any of the MuscleJuice ones i tried (incld. chocolate, banana, strawberry, cookies&cream). It also doesn't feel as heavy as other gainers, even when i take it wil milk. now, i just have to find a cheap source that I can buy it from in mass quantities lol

CanthookitLs6 is offline Junior Member
    I like cytnogainer too, only problem is it has a lot of cholesterol, (150mg). I still use it, but I also use Healthy n' Fit anabolic muscle which has NO cholesterol.

Here is a quick run down..

Anabolic Muscle.
    Calories 835
    Protein 90grams
    Carbohydrates 109grams
    Fat 4grams
    Trans Fat 0g

Cytnogainer
    Calories 570
    Total Fat 6g 10%
    Saturated Fat 3.5g 17%
    Trans Fat 0g
    Cholesterol 140mg 46%
    Sodium 370mg 15%
    Potassium 1130mg 32%
    Total Carbohydrate 75g 25%
    Dietary Fiber 4g 17%
    Protein 54g 108%

Cytnogainer does have creatine and anabolic muscle doesn't.

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    to say it only contains 7 grams of sugar is very misleading. it actually contains about 100g!! the carb content is made of maltodextrin which is a high GI carb just like sugar. Its OKish as a post workout drink but thats about it unless you want to put fat on.

Big Papi JR. is offline Junior Member
    CytoCarb II™(CytoSport's Unique Combination Of Branching As Well As Long Linear Chain Maltodextrins With Very Low "DE" (Dextrose Equivalence) Providing A Complex Source Approximately 96.5% Sugar-Free)

...taken straight from the label. would these "long linear chain maltos" truly be considered a complex carb source?

Quote Originally Posted by perfectbeast2001 View Post
    to say it only contains 7 grams of sugar is very misleading. it actually contains about 100g!! the carb content is made of maltodextrin which is a high GI carb just like sugar. Its OKish as a post workout drink but thats about it unless you want to put fat on.
    I take two shakes a day, breakfast and pwo and have seen good results from it over the last 8 weeks.

To say it has more like 100g of sugar is definitely very misleading. My stats came from off the supplement. Yes CytoGainer has maltodextrin in it, but rather than guessing it's sugar equivilancy gives you 100g, I would suggest posting a more researched number. It has a long linear chain of maltodextrin which apparently has a low Dextrose Equivalence and according to the label makes the complex carbs in CG 96.5% sugar free. Let's just hope CytoSport's not lying to us

200byjune is offline Senior Member
    i liike cyto gainer but ive heard from a few ppl that there labels are wrong.and on the frot how it says aspermente free or somthing. if you look at the back it says its got aspermente

Quote Originally Posted by 200byjune View Post
    i liike cyto gainer but ive heard from a few ppl that there labels are wrong.and on the frot how it says aspermente free or somthing. if you look at the back it says its got aspermente
    I think you mean ASPARTAME, and yeah on the front it says it's free of it as well as SUCROS and FRUCTOSE. However nowhere on any of the container can I see that it actually does contain those ingrediants. The closest thing I see is that it does have SUCRALOSE in it which is the same as SPLENDA.

Sucralose is approximately 600 times as sweet as sucrose (table sugar), twice as sweet as saccharin, and four times as sweet as aspartame. Unlike aspartame, it is stable under heat and over a broad range of pH conditions and can be used in baking or in products that require a longer shelf life. Sucralose also does not promote tooth decay. (Wiki)

speaking of CytoGainer, has anyone tried the Vanilla flavour? i've tried chocolat malt, chocolat & caramel swirl, and chocolat mint. i'm usually sceptic of anything vanilla cause in the past almost every time i've tried any supplement that was vanilla it was god aweful.

Stephen73ta is offline Associate Member
    i'm using the vanilla one right now, because i've been mixing pine apple juice and sometimes orange instead of water to increase absorption. I think chocolate malt by itself or with milk is the best flavor. I am a big fan of mint chocolate but the mint flavor is just way too strong in the mix.

do you guys use 4 scoups? i only use 3, i feel like 4 is too much.

Thread Information