SaintGJR7 is offline Junior Member

Protein Bars - Could someone help me please?

Hi there guys and girls how is everyone?

I am after making some protein bars that stick together well and taste nice.

I am looking for something with a decent protein content and healthy fats content but to suit my diet and lifestyle at the moment, low carbs.

Now this has been difficult for me so far for two reasons.

1) i cant cook
    2) when i try to reduce the carbs i dont seem to be able to make it stick, maybe also to do with the fact that i cant cook and i dont know what to include extra to help it bind together.

I am english so if you could list ingredients in grams that would be awesome.

What i am looking for is any ideas really that fit in with either a high protein, high healthy fat low carb approach, or a high protein, moderate fat and low carb approach.

Sorry to go on, i hope i dont come across as thick, i just dont know how to cook.

Just to help you out, i am looking to use stuff like - whey protein
    Sugar Free Jelly (flavour normally strawberry)
    Peanut butter
    Almonds
    Ground Almonds
    Some oats
    Quark (which we can get in England, not sure about US - its a soft cheese with 12 grams of protein, 4 carbs, 0 fat, per 100 grams).

GUnit33 is offline Member
    For protein bars, go to google. You'll get good links.
    Last edited by GUnit33; 08-12-2006 at 10:37 AM.

Boost n Juice is offline Associate Member
    Be cafefully, heat kills whey protein...A lot of recipes creators do not know that...

GUnit33 is offline Member
    It doesn't kill it, it denatures it, which basically alters the composition, but you still get the protein.

On another note, heating them works ok, but still, I would make them like you'd make a wet cookie! Mix everything up, spread in a pan, let it sit in the fridge for a few hours, cut into bars and you're good to go.

Thread Information