basketballfan22 is offline Senior Member

Potentially My First Cycle

I am aware of the different boards based on different topics, so I won't post my current workout and diet routine. However wouldn't posting most information in one location allow users to give the best advice? Anyway, I will continue with two possible first-time cycles.

Cycle 1:
    Testosterone enanthate (Test-E): 250 mg every 3.5 days for 12 weeks
    Tamoxifen (Nolvadex ): 40 mg every day during weeks 16-17 followed by 20 mg every day during weeks 18-19 (weeks 13-15 I don't do anything).

or

Cycle 2:
    Test-E: 250 mg every 3.5 days for 12 weeks
    Dianabol : 25 mg every day for the first 6 weeks
    Nolvadex: 40 mg every day during weeks 15-16 followed by 20 mg every day on week 17 (weeks 13-14 I don't do anything).

I am 23 (soon to be 24), 6'0, weigh around 183 pounds, and am very lean; however I believe I have plateaued so I am contemplating using steroids . I have been lifting for the past 5 years, and I have a fairly strict diet. Again I won't post my diet or workout routine because I know I will get shit, but I will be more than happy to post any more information to anyone wanting to know more information before giving any advice.

Thanks

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    If you already know your diet and training routine need work why dont you sort those 2 things out before considering a cycle? FYI your cycle needs a lot of work

snowman is offline Senior Member
    Why would you get shit, for posting your workout and diet? is that not in check?
    Bro, if i were you , i would wait a couple more years, you wont regret it waiting until you are 25 years old.... for a first cycle i would keep it simple... test e only 500mg a week.... also i would look into some hcg to use during the cycle, and some Ai. for PCT.. you need clomid with your nolva...

Granovich is offline Senior Member
    i was in your same situation last year...
    i asked if i can do my first cycle and marcus told me to wait... so i took 1 year to fix my diet and look into bulk up/cutting diet and see how my body respond to food
    and also did more research about steroids and workout very hard... then when you turn 25. you will have age checked, diet, knowledge, more muscle mass. and way safer
    lsn to this advice
    you will thank me later

I just created this in another board.

Before I give my diet, I will mention some information about me. I am 23 (almost 24), 6'0, weigh around 182 pounds, and am very lean. I have been lifting for about 5 years now; and although I have always eaten healthily, I have been this strict about my diet for only about a year. I have always had a very fast metabolism and have trouble gaining weight. I believe I have plateaued, so I am contemplating using steroids to get to that next level. Although I would like to gain weight, my goal is to be a ripped 200 or so. I don't want to be too big (no offense to anyone), but I am primarily interested in having a more athletic figure. Despite my fast metabolism, I do get worried about gaining too much fat when I increase my caloric intake; but I digress. Anyway, onto my diet.

Typical day (yes, I have a rather monotonous diet)

Breakfast:
    Whey protein isolate shake (25 g of protein)
    1/2 cup of steel-cut oatmeal with 1 cup of nonfat milk and 1 cup of water
    1 apple
    1 piece of whole grain toast
    1 fish oil capsule
    1 multivitamin
    1 glass of orange juice

Lunch:
    1 cup of nonfat greek yogurt with a drizzle of honey
    1 can of tuna
    1 banana

Workout/post workout:
    45 minutes in workout, I drink another whey protein isolate shake (25 g of protein)
    After my workout (90-120 minutes after I started), I drink another whey protein isolate shake with a cup of nonfat milk and 60 grams of dextrose, take a fish oil capsule, and a multivitamin.

Dinner:
    varies, but usually consists of around 1200 calories

Before bed:
    Casein protein shake with a cup of nonfat milk
    1 fish oil capsule
    1 multivitamin

Water: around 16-20 cups in a day.

Total targeted breakdown:
    3500-4000 calories
    40%:25%:35% carbohydrate to fat to protein caloric ratio

Should I alter this that much?
    Thanks

Because what has been pointed out, I should clarify any inconsistencies in my diet. The things mentioned are items that are ALWAYS eaten; however (I have the myfitnesspal app on my iPhone, so I keep track exactly of my calories and caloric breakdown), they do not even come close to the 3500-4000 calories that I need. To achieve the remaining calories, I eat a similarly strict but much more diverse diet. I have been to a professional nutritionist and along with the aforementioned app, a goal of 3440 calories a day is what I should shoot for in order to gain around 1.5 pounds per week. My end goal is to be a very lean and ripped 200 (I still want my six-pack).
    Last edited by basketballfan22; 01-19-2013 at 06:51 PM.

jim230027,

I believe I have my diet and workout routine in order. I was merely suggesting to include it into this post not for much advice but merely supplementary information akin to my age, weight, etc. I do appreciate everyone's quick responses though. I just copy and pasted my diet from another post.

Soar is offline Productive Member
    Splitting these up into 5-6 smaller meals would be idea

Granovich,

Thanks for the advice. The only thing I have not done is go on a bulking/cutting cycle. I am paranoid about getting too fat (I am overly vain, I know), so a bulking phase never interested me. I know it is a lot more difficult to gain lean muscle mass, but I don't want to lose my 6-pack.

Snowman,

I meant I didn't want to get shit for posting something in the wrong area, not because my diet and workout routine are so poor. I apologize for any misunderstanding.

I am not trying to flame you but your nutrition plan could be much better. Hit up the nutrition forum and post this up and let those guys help you.

Soar,

They are split up more or less. I felt like I was being overly informative, so I just consolidated some information. For example, I usually eat the tuna an hour or two after the yogurt; but I felt like including it under lunch time.

I did post it in the nutrition forum, but I decided to include it here as well. One thing I plan on experimenting with (especially because I am not currently on any steroids ) is to only work out 4 days a week. I have a tendency to feel like I hadn't worked out enough, so anytime I try to leave the gym in less than 90 minutes; I feel like I didn't do enough. I know how important rest and nutrition are, so I may try to give my muscles a little more rest. Also what is wrong with this as my first cycle? Both of these cycles are the ones recommended by the site in the steroid cycles & stacks. The information given was pretty good, so what should I change?
    Last edited by basketballfan22; 01-19-2013 at 05:18 PM.

t-dogg is offline Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Diet needs ALOT of work. Next we have stickies for REAL COMPLETE first cycles and what they should be.

Can I please get advice then? What should I change in my diet? What is wrong with this as a first time cycle? I don't mean to be rude, but comments that I need to improve my diet or workout routine are useless without any suggestions. I have a separate post in the nutrition section as well as a separate post in the lifting advice section for those that don't like to post about nutrition or workout routine here.

Thanks

Apparently I can't supply any links because I am new, but I was trying to include the links to my posts in the nutrition and lifting sections.

Quote Originally Posted by basketballfan22 View Post
    Can I please get advice then? What should I change in my diet? What is wrong with this as a first time cycle? I don't mean to be rude, but comments that I need to improve my diet or workout routine are useless without any suggestions. I have a separate post in the nutrition section as well as a separate post in the lifting advice section for those that don't like to post about nutrition or workout routine here.

Thanks

No worries. You need to figure out the exact calorie needs. just by what you wrote, i dont feel that adds up to 4000cals a day. You need to also figure out the body weight you want, so you know how many cals you need. Next you need to break meals up 4-8meals a day. 4-6 is normal. I not a super diet guy, I just know what works for me now. the diet section will help you alot.

P.S Im a big fan of solid meals instead of shakes also. eating calories is always better then drinking them.

t-dogg,

I have been to a professional nutritionist, and I have the myfitnesspal app on my iPhone where I can scan barcodes and enter the quantities of each ingredient. It gives you a rough estimate of what I should be eating. Apparently eating 3440 calories a day will allow me to gain around 1.5 pounds per week. I don't want nor expect to gain THAT much mass in a short period of time because I am paranoid about getting fat so I want my gains to primarily be lean muscle (don't we all?). The dinner section is very incomplete because it is highly variable, but I do record my nutritional information.

Unfortunately one thing I found was that being so strict on my diet (weighing even the scoops of protein in my shakes, and not assuming the scoop size was accurate) was that I wasn't gaining any weight. I relaxed a bit so I have a general idea of my daily nutritional intake, and I have noticed some modest gains. I am more open to eating "junk" (a cookie here, and a chip there, even eggnog over the holidays) because my metabolism is so fast that I think a few "junk" calories won't hurt and may even help a bit.

I am not nor do I plan on becoming a professional bodybuilder, so I may not take the steps that Ronnie Coleman does; but I believe (and I don't think it is my own bias) that my diet is pretty good. However PLEASE still give suggestions. Even if I don't actually include them in my diet, test cycle, or workout routine; I love any and all information from as many different sources as possible before I make my own educated decisions.

I totally agree with you that real food is better than shakes, but it is so ****ing hard to get my daily requirements without them. In an ideal world I wouldn't buy any supplements, and perhaps one day I will be able to meet my needs purely on food. Also I apologize for "lying" about my nutrition. That is not close to 3500-4000 calories, but instead is what is ALWAYS consumed every day to help me reach my goals. The remaining calories are achieved by a similarly strict but more diverse diet.

Thanks
    Last edited by basketballfan22; 01-19-2013 at 06:53 PM.

Well for starters I added approx 2500calories that you listed. Way under the 3500-4000cals you said.

Yes, you are right t-dogg. I am about to add the disclaimer I mentioned before your last reply in my reply about my diet (as well as the post I made in the nutrition section).

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by basketballfan22;6348***
    Yes, you are right t-dogg. I am about to add the disclaimer I mentioned before your last reply in my reply about my diet (as well as the post I made in the nutrition section).

Thanks.
    Post up a pic with out your face showing so we can see your body composition. This will be the real judge as to weather you truly have your diet dialed in.

Now that I have surpassed 25 posts, I will supply two links to other threads I have started.

My workout thread:
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...k#.UPuLbKWi1N0

My diet thread:
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...e#.UPuOG6Wi1N0

After looking at everything you need to get your diet, routine spot on first. You are not ready for aas imo.

Here are a few pictures of where I am at with my body composition.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3901 - Version 4.jpg 
Views:	302 
Size:	731.1 KB 
ID:	132221

Name:	IMG_3905 - Version 3.jpg 
Views:	338 
Size:	927.3 KB 
ID:	132222

Name:	IMG_3909 - Version 3.jpg 
Views:	395 
Size:	725.8 KB 
ID:	132223

Name:	IMG_3912 - Version 2.jpg 
Views:	503 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	132224

Granovich is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basketballfan22 View Post
    Granovich,

Thanks for the advice. The only thing I have not done is go on a bulking/cutting cycle. I am paranoid about getting too fat (I am overly vain, I know), so a bulking phase never interested me. I know it is a lot more difficult to gain lean muscle mass, but I don't want to lose my 6-pack.

Snowman,

I meant I didn't want to get shit for posting something in the wrong area, not because my diet and workout routine are so poor. I apologize for any misunderstanding.

there is a sticky about lean bulking in the nutrition forum if i recall. read it carefully. you dont need to get fat!
    no one is telling u eat 2000 calorie about maintenance

Yeah, I am starting to read about the lean bulking thread by gbrice75.

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...*#.UPxIwqWi1N0

Looking good bro!! Great base and you are pretty lean but i still think you can pack on 15-20 lbs natty before using aas.

I hope you are right jim. If that is the case, then I can almost reach 200 without AAS. That is the goal right now; so assuming that goal doesn't change the closer I get to 200, then I won't ever use AAS.

Thread Information